Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Password not working after setting 2fa

Hi all,

I just logged in to my account for the first time in a year or so and got prompted with the 2fa option. I set it up and navigated the site a bit and suddenly got logged out. Now whenever I try to log in it says my password is incorrect. I'm 100% sure it is correct as I just used it to log in and verify BD before setting the 2fa.

Anybody got an idea what could be going on?

Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like it is the general password reset thing that was done this summer. Just got a prompt for that.
    Last edited by keknorris; 11-23-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    35d 23h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Yes, just use the "forgot password" link to get a new link to reset your password.

It's so annoying because it seems to randomly occur on some of my accounts now. I have no idea what keeps triggering it.
    PipBoy
    Born 6/06/2021
    The Bestest Ryugotchi in the World

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by keknorris View Post
    Hi all,

I just logged in to my account for the first time in a year or so and got prompted with the 2fa option. I set it up and navigated the site a bit and suddenly got logged out. Now whenever I try to log in it says my password is incorrect. I'm 100% sure it is correct as I just used it to log in and verify BD before setting the 2fa.

Anybody got an idea what could be going on?

Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like it is the general password reset thing that was done this summer. Just got a prompt for that.
    If that prompt for the password reset thing appears and you didn't get an email and are unable to log in, it means it got changed automatically.

You should send a ticket and explain to them that this happened and they'll send you a temporary password to log in and change it.

Edit: Yes, use the forgot password thing first - but if the password change email doesn't come, send a ticket. Lol I forgot about 'forgot password', my bad.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thanks for the additional info. I was already scratching my head about the email address I used...