7/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m

Tips on how to sleep better?

Lately my nights have been really fucked. I went to bed one night between 3-4am and since then I've never been able to fall asleep before 12am. It's just gone 1am my time and I'd already be in bed but once I get in bed I can't sleep - I end up reading till I fall asleep and before I know it that's like almost 2-3am if what I'm reading is good.

Do any of y'all have any tips on how to sleep faster? I wish I was like my mom - she's in bed before 9pm and knocked out

Edit: I did change my bedsheet + pillowcase so I'm hoping clean/fresh sheets will make me fall asleep a bit better

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I've been unfucking my sleep very slowly after decades of a bad relationship with sleep, and here's what worked for me:
    - waking up at the same time every day. This SUCKS at the beginning cause I was getting like 4-6 hours pretty regularly, but very slowly my bed time started to get more regular. The second part of this is get UP out of bed not long after waking too, cause it starts the day and your body gets sleepier sooner
    - nothing vaguely interesting (and especially no screens) in bed. My phone is away, no books, nothing that makes my brain go brr. Initially, I would lay in bed, toss and turn, and if I got too stressed out, get up, walk around a bit (maybe pee or something), do some breathing exercises, and then try again. Repeat until I fall asleep
    - have an in case of emergency break glass solution. For me, smoking some weed and listening to a sleep meditation talk through (I really like the slowly relax your body piece by piece ones) for nights I can't get myself to fall asleep
    - track stuff. I currently track when I get into bed/fall asleep/awake/get out of bed, plus a bunch of different factors in Bearable (and before I found this I was sleep journaling), so that you can see slow slow progress

I'm at the point where the last two weeks I have had... 4 days under 7 hours of sleep which is amazing for me! It's also... taken a long time to get here though so do be kind to yourself if you struggle to get to bed. Hope you're able to get to sleep soon!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

DrBumfinger (12-15-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Hey! I'm not an expert but you can try to do some exercise if you're not doing it already. It helps me a lot!
    Also, don't use any kind of screens like half hour before you're going to sleep.

How's the weather? Sometimes when it's too hot I can't sleep, so a fan can do the trick.

And I haven't use it, but some friends take cbd to sleep better.

The lack of sleep is the worse thing, so I hope you can fix your problem soon.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    13h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It's kinda bizarre, I very rarely have issues sleeping. I usually lie down and I'm zonked. Past few days though I've been really struggling and lying there for ours or drifting in and out. Wonder if the weather has anything to do with it, might lurk and steal any suggestions people post!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    One thing that has really helped me is the 3, 2, 1 technique.

No food 3 hours before bedtime
    No water 2 hours before bedtime
    No screens 1 hour before bedtime

And then drink a ton of water when you wake up.

The screen bit is the one that I find the hardest.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (12-14-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 3h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    I usually sleep well but there are times when I can't seem to get my brain to turn off enough to block out thoughts to fall asleep, usually when I've got a big deadline about work coming up. What helps me:

- Hot shower / hot bath + stretching
    - Turning on a loud fan and forcing myself to focus on the sound of that instead of actual thoughts
    - this is pretty random but I sleep on my side and my boyfriend got me one of those giant body pillows for pregnant women recently and omg is it the greatest thing to happen to my sleep in so long. It's so comfortable to wrap around that I fall asleep much easier and definitely sleep better with it.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    563d 23h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Try getting a workout in at home or maybe a gym. Some heavy lifting mixed with cardio... This should help get you drowsy for the night time. Good luck!

Edit: Noticing you have a lot of screen time before bed? You might want to invest in some glasses that block the blue light... This tricks your brain into thinking it's still daytime if you don't wear any and you are looking at your phone/computer screen for a long time right before bed.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

10. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (12-14-2022)

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Thank you all for the tips!

I usually don't drink anything before I go to bed because I sleep outside and have to go inside to use the restroom and I well eat wayy before the 3 hour mark (I have dinner around 6-7pm)

The only thing I might struggle with is the screen time uwu

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Thank you all for the tips!

I usually don't drink anything before I go to bed because I sleep outside and have to go inside to use the restroom and I well eat wayy before the 3 hour mark (I have dinner around 6-7pm)

The only thing I might struggle with is the screen time uwu
    Sure it's hard to go sleep without those 30 ck minutes before sleeping, but trust me when I say that screens are one of the main reasons of sleep deprivation.
    There's a way to block blue light in the screen, that color is the main reason of the deprivation, but also is because the brain remains active.

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    Sure it's hard to go sleep without those 30 ck minutes before sleeping, but trust me when I say that screens are one of the main reasons of sleep deprivation.
    There's a way to block blue light in the screen, that color is the main reason of the deprivation, but also is because the brain remains active.
    Actually my glasses have blue light lenses in them or something to lower the blue light from computer/phone screens! Before I got it I used to get headaches everyday and it was worrying my mom. But since we got blue light added into my lenses I don't get the headaches anymore like I used too