Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know of any other good forum sites?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Does anyone know of any other good forum sites?

Now don't get me wrong, I love clraik!
    I just don't think I can get involved in the community more than a couple of few and far between posts, I tried getting back in to NP but the learning curve and ability to actually get IN to the game is so high

But I love forums, social media has kind of killed the more long form posting structure that forums give, but there's gotta be a few good ones out there right?

If anyone knows of some good online forum communities LMK! Even better if it's mainly adult users (No like, NSFW forums though I just wanna talk to people my age LOL)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Honestly it feels like forums are a dying breed and I hate it. Like you said social media but I also feel like discord has been a huge nail in the coffin for forums even though they really serve a different function, even if those functions overlap a lot. Many of the forums I've been part of in the past have shut down over the years and clraik is really the only one left that has a proper community. I'd be curious what else is out there, too.

That said, I feel like we have a lot going on outside of Neopets to get involved with! Lots of other subforums to shout about different things and could use more love/activity!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Buizel (11-03-2022),Cat Purrson (11-03-2022),Cinnamoroll (11-03-2022),DarkSkies (11-03-2022),dustyc (11-03-2022),fool (11-03-2022),Hollow (11-03-2022),j03 (11-03-2022),Nattiee (11-03-2022),Pidgey (11-03-2022),Teakwood (11-03-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    You're right, and I will try to be a bit more active here, but yeah it's just frustrating because forums are great for starting good conversations with people you don't know, and not worrying about having to babysit your computer to reply right away.

thanks, though <3

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    84d 18h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Yeah I'm afraid Kitty is right. Just look at the new games, most have their own discord server to chat.

Years ago when you started a game, normally you'd find a forum with people playing and sharing interests. Such good memories

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

parapex (11-03-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    163d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    I'm on here all the time but I rarely post. But it's fun to read up on what others are doing!

I have alot of hobbies and am always busy so I appreciate the CK Discord group where I can post what I'm working on without having to upload it first.
    And I can chat when I have time. More of a quick communication where someone replies pretty quick.

I dont know of any other forums that aren't geared towards something specific.

I'm in a pigeon forum "pigeon-talk" at pigeons.biz lol.

I know of body builder forums too. There's one linked to the GNC page where people ask questions and post updates and stuff.

I've never found anything quite like CK. So you might have to narrow your search down. Like I know there are sewing and knitting forums. But they are geared towards something.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (11-03-2022),parapex (11-03-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbidae View Post
    I'm on here all the time but I rarely post. But it's fun to read up on what others are doing!

I have alot of hobbies and am always busy so I appreciate the CK Discord group where I can post what I'm working on without having to upload it first.
    And I can chat when I have time. More of a quick communication where someone replies pretty quick.

I dont know of any other forums that aren't geared towards something specific.

I know of body builder forums too. There's one linked to the GNC page where people ask questions and post updates and stuff.

I've never found anything quite like CK. So you might have to narrow your search down. Like I know there are sewing and knitting forums. But they are geared towards something.
    Something tells me you might like pigeons...
    I'm the same way, though, I'll pop in threads but never really interact unless I have something REALLY good to share

10. The Following User Says Thank You to parapex For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (11-03-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbidae View Post
    I wish there was one of those for vultures, vultures.biz
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

12. The Following User Says Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (11-03-2022)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 6h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    This is the first forum I've ever joined and I'm not really sure if I could make the same connections in any other forum. I love how inclusive the members are and the broad selection of subforums like music, video games etc. I feel like there is a thread for any topic and if there isn't, the community is very supportive when you create your own topics. In short, I'm quite satisfied with Clraik and doubt any other forums out there could measure up...but then again I may be a bit biased

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (11-03-2022),j03 (11-03-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    949 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Is reddit not forum-y enough? There are "posts" which are sort of akin to threads and people reply with comments on that parent post. And there are subreddits for practically every subject under the sun. :o (Although 9/10 times I feel like the average "redditor" attitude is fairly insufferable haha )

As far as other virtual pet/weeb subculture things along the same vein of Neopets, Subeta might still be kicking and is very much more adult oriented. Likewise if you like dragons Flight Rising is supposedly quite popular but I can't attest to the generality of forums available there or if it's really just all dragons. xD I do miss Gaia in its heyday because as a forum is was extremely bumpin, but basically dead these days.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

parapex (11-03-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Is reddit not forum-y enough? There are "posts" which are sort of akin to threads and people reply with comments on that parent post. And there are subreddits for practically every subject under the sun. :o (Although 9/10 times I feel like the average "redditor" attitude is fairly insufferable haha )

As far as other virtual pet/weeb subculture things along the same vein of Neopets, Subeta might still be kicking and is very much more adult oriented. Likewise if you like dragons Flight Rising is supposedly quite popular but I can't attest to the generality of forums available there or if it's really just all dragons. xD I do miss Gaia in its heyday because as a forum is was extremely bumpin, but basically dead these days.
    Thanks for the suggestions I do use reddit but it's TOO anonymous, there's not really a community there, imo it's really great for one off discussions of things but not lengthy friendships or really anything deeper than just, memes LMAO.

I've been on Flight Rising since 2014 and still use it quite often, the forums are decently active but it's a LOOOT of minors, and it's not that I have an issue with interacting with them, but I know I can't really be myself on FR.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parapex For This Useful Post:

howdy (11-03-2022),Ice (11-03-2022)