Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m

How dangerous is...

... a Neopets with a questionable name?

After years with this pet in a forgotten account, and when i mean years, i mean like almost 15 years, recently i just noticed this pet have a questionable name (Not in the meaning itself, but when you look in the internet for it questionable shit pop ups due to it being related to a page)

The thing is, i REALLY like the name, and i love the pet, but now im sweating vinegar thinking TNT is breathing on my neck with icy breath just because the questionable google searches under this name.
    Should i surrender the pet for my own good or what? Mind you, the name has nothing on it, its the google searches whats the problem, and if somebody notices that would tell a lot about what the people watches on the internet lol

Idk if this is spam, just, serious concern rn :c
    Last edited by Peppercorn; 11-18-2022 at 06:11 AM.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I feel that as long as you keep the pet from being in the public eye, it should be safe. I've seen pets with obviously inappropriate names survive as long as they're kept hidden on accounts nobody is looking at. Especially since it sounds like it's a "if you know, you know" situation, so it would probably have to be reported to be removed. And even then, they still may not remove it.
    Last edited by dustyc; 10-30-2022 at 04:12 PM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (11-17-2022),Ice (10-30-2022),Peppercorn (10-30-2022),Sakuras (11-03-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    948 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by bonrout View Post
    ... a Neopets with a questionable name?

After years with this pet in a forgotten account, and when i mean years, i mean like almost 15 years, recently i just noticed this pet have a questionable name (Not in the meaning itself, but when you look in the internet for it questionable shit pop ups due to it being related to a page)

The thing is, i REALLY like the name, and i love the pet, but now im sweating vinegar thinking TNT is breathing on my neck with icy breath just because the questionable google searches under this name.
    Should i surrender the pet for my own good or what? Mind you, the name has nothing on it, its the google searches whats the problem, and if somebody notices that would tell a lot about what the people watches on the internet lol (?)

Idk if this is spam, just, serious concern rn :c
    Hey! So I think if you are keeping to yourself and staying off public parts of the site, you don't have anything to worry about (assuming on its own, the name is fairly innocuous - TNT really isn't hip with the times.). Pets really only start to come into question when other users start seeing them and potentially causing a stink about them.

If you are active on public sections of the site, there is a chance that it might come into question eventually. However, if it is really an inappropriate name and TNT deems it as such and it is UC, you won't get frozen just for owning it. Most likely what will happen is they will delete the pet and you can get a replica created (on a brand new Neopet). I'm not sure if they do this to converted pets too since I haven't really seen people caring about losing/renaming converteds, but if the name is really that bad in TNT's eyes it could happen. (They're just highly inconsistent and arbitrary with what they deem inappropriate or not.)

Honestly though in my opinion if the name on its own is fine without searching up for related context, I wouldn't worry too much. But again like I said TNT is just... super wack with their decision making sometimes.

If you really want to take matters into your own hands (and are alright with potentially losing and recreating the pet) you can always put in a ticket and ask if your pet's name is inappropriate. Support will tell you yay or nay and at least you will be able to move on with knowing! But you definitely shouldn't get frozen for owning it or asking if it's okay.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

dustyc (10-30-2022),Peppercorn (10-30-2022),Sakuras (11-03-2022)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyc View Post
    I feel that as long as you keep the pet from being in the public eye, it should be safe. I've seen pets with obviously inappropriate names survive as long as they're kept hidden on accounts nobody is looking at. Especially since it sounds like it's a "if you know, you know" situation, so it would probably have to be reported to be removed. And even then, they still may not remove it.
    Ok the spoiler is hilarous oh my god HAHAHAHAHA
    Yeah no my pet doesnt have anything bad mouthed on the name itself, its the google searches that fuck up the name XD Thats why i was asking

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Hey! So I think if you are keeping to yourself and staying off public parts of the site, you don't have anything to worry about (assuming on its own, the name is fairly innocuous - TNT really isn't hip with the times.). Pets really only start to come into question when other users start seeing them and potentially causing a stink about them.

If you are active on public sections of the site, there is a chance that it might come into question eventually. However, if it is really an inappropriate name and TNT deems it as such and it is UC, you won't get frozen just for owning it. Most likely what will happen is they will delete the pet and you can get a replica created (on a brand new Neopet). I'm not sure if they do this to converted pets too since I haven't really seen people caring about losing/renaming converteds, but if the name is really that bad in TNT's eyes it could happen. (They're just highly inconsistent and arbitrary with what they deem inappropriate or not.)

Honestly though in my opinion if the name on its own is fine without searching up for related context, I wouldn't worry too much. But again like I said TNT is just... super wack with their decision making sometimes.

If you really want to take matters into your own hands (and are alright with potentially losing and recreating the pet) you can always put in a ticket and ask if your pet's name is inappropriate. Support will tell you yay or nay and at least you will be able to move on with knowing! But you definitely shouldn't get frozen for owning it or asking if it's okay.
    Oh, oh ok! I mean. I dont mind getting a replica out of it if is eventually determined that is problematic, my real concern was getting frozen.
    I feel a little better rn

THANKS BOTH A LOT!
    Last edited by Peppercorn; 11-18-2022 at 06:11 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peppercorn For This Useful Post:

dustyc (10-30-2022),Ice (10-30-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Wow i'm so curious what this word is lol
    There was a big stink on the PC a month or two ago bc someone owned a pet that was named a racial slur and they put in a ticket to get the pet deleted but TNT told them it wasn't inappropriate and refused to delete the pet. And a bunch of neopians were super mad that the person still owned the pet. So if it's even slightly ambiguous you're probably fine.
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (11-17-2022),Peppercorn (10-31-2022),Sakuras (11-03-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I would like to think that you'd be fine if they haven't gotten it yet. I have an account with the word "damn" in it. I know it isn't like the worst word but the account is 15+ years old and hasn't been banned yet..

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Peppercorn (10-31-2022),Sakuras (11-03-2022)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    Wow i'm so curious what this word is lol
    There was a big stink on the PC a month or two ago bc someone owned a pet that was named a racial slur and they put in a ticket to get the pet deleted but TNT told them it wasn't inappropriate and refused to delete the pet. And a bunch of neopians were super mad that the person still owned the pet. So if it's even slightly ambiguous you're probably fine.
    I obviously cant say it as i would give myself out but fortunately, the word is NOTHING like that xD
    Is not a racial slur or an insult. I swear i had this pet for over 15 years and NEVER KNEW WHAT WAS LINKED TO. Since is a INTERNET thing that is problematic, the world itself doesnt have a meaning.

To put in in example, is like a made up word from a person to link it to its brand, and if you look for it, its brand will pop up and is QUESTIONABLE SH*T. That it XD

Quote Originally Posted by Narkotiq View Post
    I would like to think that you'd be fine if they haven't gotten it yet. I have an account with the word "damn" in it. I know it isn't like the worst word but the account is 15+ years old and hasn't been banned yet..
    Yeah but also when i got it (Because i didnt create it unironically, i traded it a lot time a go) i was a minor, and the account was to. Took a long 15 year break and since it has been off the radar nobody who never look for the word ever noticed. But now is with me in my main and thats why i was struggling for a bit when i found out.

But yeah, the pet hasnt had a problem for over 15+ years

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I created a pet and named her after a hentai, but with some of the letters swapped out for lookalikes. I think you're good XD

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mossy_Rock For This Useful Post:

Peppercorn (11-18-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 23h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    If the definition of the name by itself is in a negation fashion then it's best to lay low with it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bear1 For This Useful Post:

Peppercorn (11-18-2022)