Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 14m

Monthly Multiplayer Competitions [Armada, Geos, Kacheekers]

Monthly Multiplayer Competitions [Armada, Geos, Kacheekers]

I'd like to shed some light on these games for everyone to see, mainly because they require more participants each month to make silver and gold trophy upgrades possible!

Quoting (you need an account to see links) great NT article by player 'devotor' which briefly describes each game:

Kacheekers: Checkers, anyone?

This game is self-explanatory as it is exactly like checkers, except you can't jump your own man (aww man). If you need further explanation, the rules are that you move diagonally to reach your opponent and once you do, you "jump" over them and take their piece. The pieces cannot come back into play again, so the more pieces you have, the more advantage you will have. When you reach the other side of the board, you are "Kinged" and can move back and forth across the board, whereas other pieces can only move in one direction. When all your opponent's pieces are gone, you win!

Armada: You sank my battleship!

No, this game is not like Battleship. The object of this game is to take your opponent's fleet and make it your own. First what you want to do is "build your army" by clicking on one of your ships and placing it into an empty space next to one of your ships. When you do that, a new ship appears. Do this for as long as you want or until you either want to start attacking or your opponent approaches you. When you go to a space near your opponent with one of your ships, you will "take over" their ships that border around your ship and make them part of your fleet. Now your opponent in turn can click a ship next to them and turn them back, but it's a back and forth action that's hard to get them all back. If you can get rid of all of your opponent's ships, you win!

Geos: Look, Ma! I can make basic shapes!

Now this game is so easy, it's hard... or is that the other way around? What you do in this game is to first click that little button that says "shapes" and look at all the designs you can make. You have to make all those in order to win the game. What makes it difficult is you have no idea where your opponent is building so you can either build on top of theirs, messing up their shape, or they can do it to you and you would have no idea when it happened! I have actually lost a game because my opponent's last move was destroying one of my spaces and taking it over as their own to complete a shape. So all you have to do is make a circle, square, triangle and a rectangle. Yes, the first person who makes a move has an advantage, but if you find a spot your opponent's at, you can take their turn away and take their spot as well.
    You've likely already played these games before in your lifetime, and if you haven't, they're very easy to learn!

Sign-up here: (you need an account to see links)

Just pick a time that works with your schedule and you should get paired with someone in a similar timezone.

Tip: If your opponent doesn't make a move within 24-hours, you can send a "move or lose" alert. And if this happens again, you win!

----
    Please bump this thread a week or so before the 1st so everyone can remember to sign-up each month ~
    Last edited by j03; 12-28-2022 at 11:22 PM.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Alister (10-24-2022),Ariealle (11-01-2022),aymo (11-06-2023),Charmander (10-24-2022),chii3d (10-24-2022),DarkSkies (11-01-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (10-24-2022),Ice (10-24-2022),Mario2302 (10-24-2022),Shawn (05-29-2023),Slowpoke (06-24-2023),Teakwood (10-25-2022),Zenitsu (10-24-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    406 times
    Time Online
    121d 18h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    I was wondering if these were still functional to the degree that you could get gold.

I have tried a lot and often placed for gold too (as in won the entire month, be it via move or lose or a genuine win) but never did I got a gold trophy out of it and this to the degree i actually lost interest.

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario2302 View Post
    I was wondering if these were still functional to the degree that you could get gold.

I have tried a lot and often placed for gold too (as in won the entire month, be it via move or lose or a genuine win) but never did I got a gold trophy out of it and this to the degree i actually lost interest.
    I'm hoping this thread will help more people remember to sign-up each month. Even if they don't play and let the opponent have an easy win, it'll help with achieving a gold upgrade.

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

5. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (10-24-2022)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (10-24-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 16h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    I've been trying to upgrade these trophies for SO long! I really hope getting others involved from here from here will make that easier. I'm already signed up for November and I hope more of you all do too! :3

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hall For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (10-24-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him 🧍
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    430 times
    Time Online
    244d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 51m
    I'm dying for these trophies! Would it make sense to sign up with a bunch of shells and let people win?
    Slowpoke! 💧🌊💙ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤBrittany Buizel GangㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤK-Pop Idol Icy 🧊 ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤAri 🌸ㅤㅤ Bat Fanclub *squeak* 🦇
    💻💊😎 Join the Nyanomatrix. ㅤㅤDuke & Ditah 🐕 Clefairy ⚡ 😭 Wooloo 🐑 Howdy 🤠🐦

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenitsu View Post
    I'm dying for these trophies! Would it make sense to sign up with a bunch of shells and let people win?
    This actually will only get the other person a bronze. After you time out on your first match set you can’t go to the next set to throw any others.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (10-24-2022)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 14m
    Quote Originally Posted by chii3d View Post
    This actually will only get the other person a bronze. After you time out on your first match set you can’t go to the next set to throw any others.
    It would only help people get to the next round and then the shells would be out of the tournament. Not exactly a bad idea...

------------------------
    ------------------------

14. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (10-25-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    It would only help people get to the next round and then the shells would be out of the tournament. Not exactly a bad idea...
    Yes! For the bronze trophy it is perfect. Unless two shells get paired together then I guess they both just time out?

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (10-25-2022)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 14m
    Friendly reminder to sign-up for the monthly tournament games before they begin tomorrow!

Sign-up here: (you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    ------------------------

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (11-01-2022),Zenitsu (10-31-2022)