DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    @(you need an account to see links) welcome! I see you already got your ditto bar! The userbars are really fun to collect. I don’t personally cheat (much) on neopets myself either, I just really like the atmosphere here. Everyone is very knowledgeable and friendly. Do you collect the neopets tcg or Pokémon or something else? I actually have a lot of the cards just because I like the art but don’t know how to even play the game. I’d like to see your collection.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by yserus View Post
    Thanks for welcoming me ^^

It definitely does seem like Pokemon is popular here haha, judging by the UBs and such. I haven't been too into the newest Pokemon games, but do love the TCG and many of the other games, and some Nintendo IPs in general. Maybe I'll share some pics of my collection at some point too~
    Also I do like the userbar system! Honestly I'm a big fan of forums in general. I'm always very happy when I find a forum that's still so active and alive in the modern day since it's a dying format, unfortunately.
    Haha, I think the Pokémon popularity is due to the massive overlap it has with Neopets. Cute critters to care for and raise, along with the collection aspect. It makes a lot of sense!

And yeah, sadly forums are dying off in general as more and more communities move to stuff like Discord as their main method of communication or even archiving. The internet at large is about to enter an era of darkness when it comes to things like information and guides due to so much of that stuff being locked behind servers that can be deleted at the drop of a hat.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 8h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by chii3d View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) welcome! I see you already got your ditto bar! The userbars are really fun to collect. I don’t personally cheat (much) on neopets myself either, I just really like the atmosphere here. Everyone is very knowledgeable and friendly. Do you collect the neopets tcg or Pokémon or something else? I actually have a lot of the cards just because I like the art but don’t know how to even play the game. I’d like to see your collection.
    I collect the Neopets TCG as well, yes! I've got a fair collection of it so far, and do want to get at least the full base set of cards down the line. I don't know how to play the Neopets TCG, but I have played the Pokemon TCG personally. I will post some pictures of my Pokemon collection soon, I just want to take a few new pictures so it can't get reverse image searched. My Neopets TCG collection I'm going to keep private for now because I have some extremely rare products in it that could quite easily identify me unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    Haha, I think the Pokémon popularity is due to the massive overlap it has with Neopets. Cute critters to care for and raise, along with the collection aspect. It makes a lot of sense!

And yeah, sadly forums are dying off in general as more and more communities move to stuff like Discord as their main method of communication or even archiving. The internet at large is about to enter an era of darkness when it comes to things like information and guides due to so much of that stuff being locked behind servers that can be deleted at the drop of a hat.
    Yes, exactly!! I didn't wanna go into a whole rant about internet preservation/videogame preservation culture and modern day problems with it haha, but that's a BIG reason I love forums. So much information from back in the day stored on them still, ANYONE can archive it for once the site goes down. It's fantastic. It's a big downside with stuff like Discord and I hope more people realise that over time. Games too, personally I don't really pirate games. I have enough disposable income where I can comfortably just buy the games I want, but I do still emulate older games and such. I think it's so important for the sake of videogame preservation because so many companies fail at doing it themselves, even if they wouldn't lose any money releasing some of their super old games.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 8h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Just wanted to add on to this quickly, I changed my name! So for anyone confused, I'm now Diacetylmorphine, still the same person. You can just call me Dia, or Morphine

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    204d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5h 2m
    Hello and welcome!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachy Queen For This Useful Post: