30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    I agree with what @(you need an account to see links) said and also, I don't think they have access to credit card info etc. because those transactions are all handled through a totally separate site, that was https loooong before the rest of the site was. That's why when you do those transactions you have to login separately. So it's not as severe of a security issue as that, and probably not as much of a legal issue.

Oh also, when the breach access was being sold earlier this year it was not advertised as including cc info, and i think that was the same entry point as 'nEo_tRuThS' has so I don't think it's that level of security.

Anybody handling any sort of credit card data has to go through some sort of PCI compliance requirements. That data likely isn't handled at all by them and there's more than likely a third party sort of thing that manages it. I don't trust them, and I doubt they trust themselves, to keep a database of credit card information. There's poor judgement and security polices... and then there's just stupid lol

Account pins are another thing that is stored somewhere different than the normal user data. Not sure why that is or where/how they store that information - but it's compartmentalized to a degree. All things considered, the breach wasn't TOO terrible and the site will be fine. I'm sure there are some interesting pieces of information regarding how certain things function on the site though within that source code.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (11-10-2022),howdy (11-10-2022),Miri (11-19-2022),Mothman (11-10-2022),Sakuras (11-11-2022),Shawn (11-10-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Anybody handling any sort of credit card data has to go through some sort of PCI compliance requirements. That data likely isn't handled at all by them and there's more than likely a third party sort of thing that manages it. I don't trust them, and I doubt they trust themselves, to keep a database of credit card information. There's poor judgement and security polices... and then there's just stupid lol

Account pins are another thing that is stored somewhere different than the normal user data. Not sure why that is or where/how they store that information - but it's compartmentalized to a degree. All things considered, the breach wasn't TOO terrible and the site will be fine. I'm sure there are some interesting pieces of information regarding how certain things function on the site though within that source code.
    I really want to know how the site works but I do NOT want that info from n_t. it's mostly just bc im nosy like that, though coders would have a lot of fun with that info!

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I'm a whore for information, I want to know how and why the site works the way it does down to every last detail but fuck n_t i'd rather it stay a mystery I feel you there.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Aero (11-17-2022),Clefairy (11-10-2022),I_royalty_I (11-10-2022),kittyray (11-10-2022),Mothman (11-10-2022),Sakuras (11-11-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by InsufferableHuman View Post
    God I can't stand this person jgdgf they just rub me the wrong way and how they hold themselves in the neo community bc they're a 'merch lord' or some shit :/ I always get bad vibes from them (But maybe thts just me)
    No, it's not just you. @(you need an account to see links) pretty much expressed the feelings of most

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (11-11-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 23h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    These past 2 weeks have been insane, 15+ wealthy players that I know of have gotten frozen. It makes me sad since I enjoyed their neoboard personalities & it's less players playing the game now.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bear1 For This Useful Post:

Erik. (11-18-2022),Shawn (11-19-2022),Zenitsu (11-17-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post

I just want to point out (you need an account to see links) and stored customer login credentials and payment details in plain text. It's not impossible TNT would do it.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ridley For This Useful Post:

Aero (11-17-2022),infestedvirus (01-04-2024),Sakuras (11-18-2022),Synth Salazzle (11-17-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 3h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Every so often when I randomly feel like it and sign up for premium again, I always just create a new virtual card specifically for that purpose in a banking app (I use Revolut but there's plenty of others), so I don't have to worry about how safe TNT actually keeps users' card info (I'm scared to think about it) and can just delete/freeze it whenever lol

Virtual cards are so great for auto-renewed subscription service trials in general, and maybe everyone else knew about them already, but I only recently started paying attention and it's been a game changer tbh.

And giving your main card's actual info to Neopets just seems plain scawwy

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

neo_truth more like neo_poop

(final takeaway after reading the rest of the thread)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mostly For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (11-19-2022)