33/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

To the Moon! NeoBets!

I don't know if this is allowable, if not please take it down.
    ..but has there been, or could there be, an item that we buy out completely and store away, causing its value to skyrocket?

I would imagine it would have to be something that
    1.) People would want to buy (Petpet, Paint Brush, Wearable, Background)
    2.)You can't easily restock, either a R101, R180, or R99
    3.) Its not crazy expensive.... yet (Talpidat, Royal Cyodrake, Faerieland Garden Background, etc)

I've seen this happen in the past with things like Snowbunny's and Lost Desert PB, but there's accounts out there with tons of Snowbunnys just sitting there.

A Bad Example: Elderly Hasee (its UGLY, you can't paint it, ugggggly)
    A Good Example: Talpidat (Its cute, you can customize and paint it, it was only released once, it can only go up in price)

Let me know what you think!
    I am a human being, nothing human is alien to me.

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    This sounds exactly like what M+ does to manipulate the market and cause user created inflation. Mostly everyone on Neo hates them because of this, because they make everyday/common items crazy expensive to the point that no one can afford the items.

What would be the goal of this, if I may ask?

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Aero (09-22-2022),♥ bottledwater ♥ (09-22-2022),chii3d (09-22-2022),Cinnamoroll (09-22-2022),Cookie Tray (09-22-2022),Double.Trouble (09-22-2022),DrSloth (09-22-2022),Ice (09-22-2022),Marius (09-22-2022),oventoast (09-22-2022),Zenitsu (09-22-2022)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    This used to be a fun idea way back in the day when Neopets had a much bigger playerbase.

With the economy so much smaller, not so much...

Everyone should just hoard the R101+ items they collect throughout the year and sell them years later for a nice profit.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Buizel (09-22-2022),Cookie Tray (09-22-2022),Double.Trouble (09-22-2022),DrSloth (09-22-2022),oventoast (09-22-2022),Zenitsu (09-22-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I noticed they did this with Vullard? It went from a few 100K to 85 MIllion.

And yeah the economy seems really small and fragile.

Honestly the goal would just be for profit, not much else.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blazingchampion For This Useful Post:

oventoast (09-22-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Then yeah, personally, this is definitely something I cannot get behind. A regular petpet skyrocketed to millions because a handful of people are openly breaking the rules and creating inflation. The items they inflate literally stay between them, sale wise, because no one can either afford the prices. This doesn't make the game fun at all. The users who do this are already rich enough, so the profit they potentially make from this doesn't even dent their bank accounts.

Playing/cheating the game as normal will see a higher profit over causing unneeded inflation.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Anybody (09-22-2022),Cat Purrson (09-23-2022),chii3d (09-22-2022),Cinnamoroll (09-22-2022),DarkSkies (09-22-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (09-22-2022),Double.Trouble (09-22-2022),DrSloth (09-22-2022),Ice (09-22-2022),oventoast (09-22-2022),♥ Rattata ♥ (09-22-2022),Zenitsu (09-22-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 6h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    That's exactly what has been going on at neo, we always had some kind of this happening in a small scale, but nowadays there are many guilds doing this in a large scale, where many members are getting all the r101 items and stocking them.
    It's been hard on everyone, i even benefited from this since i always stocked a couple extras when collectables are released, and at first when i saw people asking high prices i was like: oh no one will buy at this, but the same people selling them, are still buying them at 3x what it used to be just couple weeks ago. So their intentionis definetly going to get them higher and higher.

Guess what causes it is that many users nowadays have the max amount of nps allowed, which allows them to literally generate 600k interest a day and they are being 'forced' by this limit to stock on items since there's no room for more nps. And considering how frequently those desired to hoard items are released and how np has been generated in interest daily, i dont see this tendency changing anytime soon.

What i get intrigued by this is, if i have an item inflated to sell, should i sell them for x3 what it used to be to a reseller, should i charge a fair price for someone who claims to be a collector? It's a thought spot because i noticed many accounts that are not in a guild that are buying multiple just continuing this scheme. So i'm not even confortable asking a fair price nowadays even if the person doesnt seem to be involved in something like this.

I a couple weeks ago sold a item cheaper, then i listed it an extra soon after and the same user who i allowed myself to let go for lower since i thought it was just a regular user, asked me how many items of that i had and asked if i was willing to sell all of them to them. So at this point i'm feeling like no one can be trusted and this is making me follow the same tactics as the others users are doing, so it's a bit of a vicious scheme imo.

And just to clarify: by follow the same tactics i mean, not selling the item that i've been holding for years since i know it will raise further and if i sell them now, i know it will be to someone benefitting from this to purely increase the price
    Last edited by DrSloth; 09-22-2022 at 11:44 AM.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

Aero (09-22-2022),Buizel (09-22-2022),Cookie Tray (09-22-2022),DarkSkies (09-22-2022),oventoast (09-22-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Yeah you're right, I agree. I don't need the NP, and it would make it harder for someone who actually wants that item.

I remember they did this with Xampher (I pet I wanted really badly) when it first came out, and someone literally bought all of them (Like thousands of them) and I couldn't afford it, and still can't.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 14h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    Then yeah, personally, this is definitely something I cannot get behind. A regular petpet skyrocketed to millions because a handful of people are openly breaking the rules and creating inflation. The items they inflate literally stay between them, sale wise, because no one can either afford the prices. This doesn't make the game fun at all. The users who do this are already rich enough, so the profit they potentially make from this doesn't even dent their bank accounts.

Playing/cheating the game as normal will see a higher profit over causing unneeded inflation.
    This, exactly. If your motivation behind picking an item to hoard and then later inflate is purely profit, then you are no better than anyone who is affiliated with M+. And they are hurting a small player base and the small economy.
    Purposefully inflating items for the sake of profit is against neo rules and in general, quite frowned upon; don’t you think?

I’m not really sure what your intention with this question was, as we typically don’t encourage that kind of behaviour in the community. We are not here to price gouge and manipulate the Neopets economy.

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Buizel (09-22-2022),Cookie Tray (09-22-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (09-22-2022),Double.Trouble (09-22-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 6h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    And since we are discussing this, what do you guys considere ok?
    I'll use the talpidat as an example of this since it was mentioned in the main post.

As i've mentioned before in the community, i have multiple main accounts, so when the event that gave the talpidat happened i got one of each of the special colors and the rest i collected the basic ones. The situation is, most of the items i have multiples of nowadays, i collected and achieved them directly myself, i was even considering selling my extras because i saw how much the demand for it increased with the new color released but decided not to cause i dont need the np rn. So i wonder if you guys consider this ok since i didnt actually bought them for profit or if i'm still considered an inflator for not putting them in the market as soon as i got them? Because in my line of thought, since mine have never been in the market, i'm not fake inflating and just keeping them for the future? But i think that might be an argument people who are faking inflating are using also xD

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

Aero (09-22-2022),Cookie Tray (09-22-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 14h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Who/What is M+?