13/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Juna View Post
    I think its f2p if you already own Overwatch 1, no? And the $40 price tag is for the PVE content which is soo lame.
    It is actually f2p for everyone now. You can choose to pay for Overwatch 2's Watchpoint pack which gives you some goodies and season 1 battlepass. I am in the middle when it comes to the idea of the game becoming f2p. On one hand, it would make the community larger. On the other hand, I feel like it might worsen the overall quality of players (toxic community, worse teammates overall).

As for Kiriko, I think she is a very interesting character, but I don't see her being used much as a support. She seems to be a more healing oriented Genji, and I am not sure the idea of a "support Genji" would work. From what I recall, they said they made her in attempts to get people support more. I do like her skills and the lore behind her.

Also RIP the huge queue for Overwatch 2. I got off work and checked with my friend who got off work earlier than me. She said she waited for 2 hours and couldn't queue in.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
    It is actually f2p for everyone now. You can choose to pay for Overwatch 2's Watchpoint pack which gives you some goodies and season 1 battlepass. I am in the middle when it comes to the idea of the game becoming f2p. On one hand, it would make the community larger. On the other hand, I feel like it might worsen the overall quality of players (toxic community, worse teammates overall).

As for Kiriko, I think she is a very interesting character, but I don't see her being used much as a support. She seems to be a more healing oriented Genji, and I am not sure the idea of a "support Genji" would work. From what I recall, they said they made her in attempts to get people support more. I do like her skills and the lore behind her.

Also RIP the huge queue for Overwatch 2. I got off work and checked with my friend who got off work earlier than me. She said she waited for 2 hours and couldn't queue in.
    Interesting point you make about the overall quality of players going down - I think in the long run no matter what it will even out (hardcore players will continue to play hardcore and your mmr will hopefully match you appropriately) but I am overall glad to make it more accessible for people, I think, even to just try out once or twice. I love OW a lot and if more people can play it for free and possibly come to enjoy it as much as me, then I'm happy for it.

I played Kiriko a decent amount since I ended up in support queue most often and her healing is fairly interesting; from watching my friends play her vs me I can see how she has that dps potential but for me who is more of a traditional main support kind of player (aside from my balls to the walls battle Moira-ing) I had difficulty making sure I stayed alive to keep everyone else alive haha. That being said she's still a lot of fun and her kit is pretty outrageous right now. The only thing I find difficult with her is the actual healing of teammates sometimes lol because the ofuda can literally go off on their own sometimes.

Also yeah I mean launch day so as expected huge traffic spike but on top of everything some of their servers legit got DDoS'd which made things way worse. For anyone trying to queue in NA I suggest swapping your region to EU or Asia and try queuing instead, you might just get lucky!

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    18d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Whew, when I say I was surprised to see OW2 pop up in my Xbox games! I'm getting online fine at 2 am, it's just the merging issue I'm waiting out.

Kiriko looks rad. I don't usually play support, but I can't wait to try her out.

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    I love all things fox related but looking over Kiriko I just... can't be excited. Her appearance is bland and the effects on her abilities and even the fox spirit feel rather cheap. It's not the same overall quality that was in OW1.

In addition, did we really need a third ninja? Actually on top of that, did all three of the Japanese characters (who are ninjas) *have* to know one another? Ignoring the racist implications of that it's just incredibly lazy writing.

Thank you so much, (you need an account to see links)!
    RBY styled Vulpix Ryu bar made by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you!

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    101d 19h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I definitely will be downloading and playing overwatch 2 this week! I’ve been hearing so many things about it both good and bad.

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-05-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I finally got a chance to watch Kiriko's animated short that came out the other day and it really does not disappoint! 😭🥺 I was absolutely in tears by the end. The animated shorts team really knocked it out of the park.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (10-08-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I finally got a chance to watch Kiriko's animated short that came out the other day and it really does not disappoint! 😭🥺 I was absolutely in tears by the end. The animated shorts team really knocked it out of the park.

It's SOOOOO good... animators really carrying the franchise rn

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-08-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    After playing OW2 for the last little while, I get the same feeling from Kiriko as Genji. I always get a little bit anxious whenever people play Genji and Kiriko cause 8/10 times the players are just awful at them.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
    After playing OW2 for the last little while, I get the same feeling from Kiriko as Genji. I always get a little bit anxious whenever people play Genji and Kiriko cause 8/10 times the players are just awful at them.
    Haha I have to agree with you there! So far my take is that because people sometimes need to play support role in order to grind battle pass exp/complete daily missions, non-support players (esp DPS) will pick Kiriko and just not heal :' )))))

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Haha I have to agree with you there! So far my take is that because people sometimes need to play support role in order to grind battle pass exp/complete daily missions, non-support players (esp DPS) will pick Kiriko and just not heal :' )))))
    Yeah. There is also two new problems with Overwatch:
    a) Supports are not used to dueling against tank/DPS. I don't expect them to duel to win against these. It is absolutely impossible especially in the case of tanks unless if the tank is super low. But enough dueling skill to get away.
    b) Tanks/DPS are not defending their supports well enough.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zer0 For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-25-2022)