Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: weird stuff you do (no judgment, expose yourself)

Pronouns
    Sponge
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    41d 15h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    @(you need an account to see links) I am right there with you... when I get gas for my car, I have been known to take in a big whif of that sweet gasoline smell.

And I have a few more in no certain order... mostly are food related:

I love fried Gyoza in Japanese restaurants so if I have extra Gyoza sauce, I drink it right form the little bowl. It embarrasses my husband every single time.

I eat sour cream on sloppy joes and beef stew.

I like to smear creamy peanut butter on Cheese Doritos.

And the worst one to most people... I like to eat ranch dressing with sphaghetti with full on tomatoe sauce.
    http://clraik.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic12084_2.gif
    I am a little obsessed with a certain yellow sponge.<BR>AKA: Diane

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpongeBob For This Useful Post:

Dad (14 Hours Ago),Zenitsu (22 Hours Ago)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    35d 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by getawaygreen View Post
    i have a weird habit of eating with only one spoon ever in my house when food requires a spoon. not that i don't have other spoons in my house, no, its just that this is my spoon. and i have to eat with it.

and i get really uncomfortable when i don't eat with it, or its dirty and i can't eat with it.
    Oh this reminds me of something I do! Back when frozen yoghurt places where EVERYWHERE, a lot of the stores near me always gave out these blue or pink plastic reusable spoons, some of them with a little frozen yoghurt mascot on the end of the spoon similar to kid's utensils. My household still keeps 4 or 5 of them in our utensil drawer, and if I'm eating something that's either cold or room temp, I HAVE to use one of those spoons. I won't use a metal spoon. I think it's because I don't like the cold metal of the spoon, I guess it's just a sensory thing!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

getawaygreen (1 Day Ago)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    94/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    16d 7h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    I'm not a doctor by any means, so don't take this as a diagnosis, (and I SUPER apologize if this is out of line!) but everything except your last bullet point there seem more like behaviors associated with potential ADHD. You've got stimming with the pacing, sensory seeking with your bowls and spoons and arguably eating ice, and then for the barns it might just be a hyperfixation/special interest.

I only bring this up because I went my whole life wondering why I did certain "weird" things and then when I was diagnosed with both ADHD and Autism things just... clicked.
    I do have autism! (Sorry for the laaate reply). My habits are normal to me but throw people who don't know me well off sometimes.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dad For This Useful Post:

CookieTray (14 Hours Ago),Rokon (14 Hours Ago)

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    I do have autism! (Sorry for the laaate reply). My habits are normal to me but throw people who don't know me well off sometimes.
    Haha. Takes one to know one I guess.

And yeah the behaviors are totally normal and even beneficial to people with our specific brain chemistries. I do wish more neurotypical people looked into these types of things and would show a bit more understanding for the ones we can't exactly help, but we're slooooowly getting there over time!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Dad (11 Hours Ago)