Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: weird stuff you do (no judgment, expose yourself)

Pronouns
    Sponge
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    45d 21h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    @(you need an account to see links) I am right there with you... when I get gas for my car, I have been known to take in a big whif of that sweet gasoline smell.

And I have a few more in no certain order... mostly are food related:

I love fried Gyoza in Japanese restaurants so if I have extra Gyoza sauce, I drink it right form the little bowl. It embarrasses my husband every single time.

I eat sour cream on sloppy joes and beef stew.

I like to smear creamy peanut butter on Cheese Doritos.

And the worst one to most people... I like to eat ranch dressing with sphaghetti with full on tomatoe sauce.
    http://clraik.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic12084_2.gif
    I am a little obsessed with a certain yellow sponge.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpongeBob For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (10-16-2022),Nattiee (10-16-2022),Raposa (10-04-2022),Zenitsu (10-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by getawaygreen View Post
    i have a weird habit of eating with only one spoon ever in my house when food requires a spoon. not that i don't have other spoons in my house, no, its just that this is my spoon. and i have to eat with it.

and i get really uncomfortable when i don't eat with it, or its dirty and i can't eat with it.
    Oh this reminds me of something I do! Back when frozen yoghurt places where EVERYWHERE, a lot of the stores near me always gave out these blue or pink plastic reusable spoons, some of them with a little frozen yoghurt mascot on the end of the spoon similar to kid's utensils. My household still keeps 4 or 5 of them in our utensil drawer, and if I'm eating something that's either cold or room temp, I HAVE to use one of those spoons. I won't use a metal spoon. I think it's because I don't like the cold metal of the spoon, I guess it's just a sensory thing!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

getawaygreen (10-04-2022)

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    I'm not a doctor by any means, so don't take this as a diagnosis, (and I SUPER apologize if this is out of line!) but everything except your last bullet point there seem more like behaviors associated with potential ADHD. You've got stimming with the pacing, sensory seeking with your bowls and spoons and arguably eating ice, and then for the barns it might just be a hyperfixation/special interest.

I only bring this up because I went my whole life wondering why I did certain "weird" things and then when I was diagnosed with both ADHD and Autism things just... clicked.
    I do have autism! (Sorry for the laaate reply). My habits are normal to me but throw people who don't know me well off sometimes.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raposa For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (10-04-2022),♥ Rokon ♥ (10-04-2022)

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    I do have autism! (Sorry for the laaate reply). My habits are normal to me but throw people who don't know me well off sometimes.
    Haha. Takes one to know one I guess.

And yeah the behaviors are totally normal and even beneficial to people with our specific brain chemistries. I do wish more neurotypical people looked into these types of things and would show a bit more understanding for the ones we can't exactly help, but we're slooooowly getting there over time!

Thank you so much, (you need an account to see links)!
    RBY styled Vulpix Ryu bar made by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Raposa (10-04-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Hmmm.... I sometimes feel like I'm doing my day-to-day in 3rd person, like how you'd watch a game avatar of yourself and you are looking out through it's eyes/the screen. So I'll do "idle-animation stuff" like pen twirls.

On a less in-my-head thing, and probably more like what you meant.

If I make any meal that involves mashed potatoe, everything is going into the potatoes. Meaning I don't care what it is, everything's getting mixed into that and then I'm going to eat it all with a spoon like you'd do with brownie batter. I warn people not to watch me eat mashed potatoes because they're not going to like what they see me do to the salad portion of the meal.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PabstBlueRibbon For This Useful Post:

Meepit (10-28-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I am right there with you... when I get gas for my car, I have been known to take in a big whif of that sweet gasoline smell.

I love fried Gyoza in Japanese restaurants so if I have extra Gyoza sauce, I drink it right form the little bowl. It embarrasses my husband every single time.

And the worst one to most people... I like to eat ranch dressing with sphaghetti with full on tomatoe sauce.

I enjoy ranch spaghetti sometimes!!
    I'm very curious about the peanut butter and doritos. I think I'll need to pick up a bag next time I'm grocery shopping and experiment. Growing up I'd eat plain lays chips or doritos with plain yogurt.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

SpongeBob (10-31-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I love peanut butter on saltine crackers.
    When I'm laying in bed, falling asleep. I put my hand under the wasteband of my underwear to keep my hand in place. I don't know where to put my hands when I'm trying to sleep, so if I do this, it's easier to fall asleep for me, because I know it's in it's spot LOL.

I have to watch everything with subtitles on. 100% because I can't hear anything over my snacks, LOL.

Thank you Hellraid <3

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (10-16-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    I love peanut butter on saltine crackers.
    When I'm laying in bed, falling asleep. I put my hand under the wasteband of my underwear to keep my hand in place. I don't know where to put my hands when I'm trying to sleep, so if I do this, it's easier to fall asleep for me, because I know it's in it's spot LOL.

I have to watch everything with subtitles on. 100% because I can't hear anything over my snacks, LOL.
    Yum PB & saltine crackers!! The best.

The hand in waistband is giving me prime Al Bundy vibes - I love it!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    Yum PB & saltine crackers!! The best.

The hand in waistband is giving me prime Al Bundy vibes - I love it!
    YES! LOL.

For real like. Where do people put their hands when they're trying to sleep? It's just awkward.

Thank you Hellraid <3

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (10-16-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post

My best friend swears by peanut butter and doritos sandwiches... she says they're great! Im a little skeptical but I can't say much.. My favorite snack are (you need an account to see links)Like I eat them like a gogurt.

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

SpongeBob (10-31-2022)