331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m

Arrow NFL Fantasy Football: The waiver wire

hey guys here's that quick explanation I promised

What is the waiver wire?

The waiver wire is the process in fantasy football that lets us as participants add new players to our rosters week-to-week in a controlled fashion to keep our rosters updated.

How does it work?

To add a player to your team in Sleeper, go to the tab titled Team and select the icon for + Players. Any NFL players not currently on one of our teams (aka, a "free agent") will be shown as available. Browse available players or search for a specific one you want, click their name, and hit the W (Wed) button:

(you need an account to see links)

That "Wed" is telling you that if you want to add this player to your team, it will process on Wednesday by way of the waiver process. If you don’t have a free spot on your roster, you’ll be alerted to select a player to conditionally drop from your team IF you are successful in obtaining the player you’re trying to add:

You can update/cancel your pending waiver claims from your team page by selecting the Trans. icon to see what transactions you have pending. You can have multiple at a time, but will need to place them in order of priority in the event they are not all successful (more on that in a bit).

Tuesday evening at midnight PST all waivers claims will be processed. Any successful transactions you have made will appear on your roster.

What happens when more than one person tries to select the same player?

That’s where waiver order comes in, and that’s what makes this a controlled process.

All of us as players are currently assigned a waiver order. Waiver order means dibs. If more than one person tries to snag the same player, the person with the lowest wavier order will get them. The catch: After someone successfully use a wavier claim, they drop to the very end of the line. You can see your wavier number as well as everyone else's from the Standings view on the League tab.

In the screencap above, if Joe, Zapdos, and I all try to claim the same player off waviers, Zapdos will be the one to get them, then drop to 12th in line.

You can have multiple wavier picks out at a time. They will process in the order in which you prioritize them.

If you have a high wavier order, you don't really have much to lose by picking up players off the wire as often as you may like. You're already at the back of the line. If you have a low wavier pick, use it wisely. Use it on a player you feel has high opportunity that you know the rest of us will be after as well.

One major note: Adding new players to your team does not always have to happen by way of waviers. The wavier wire is a process that freezes anyone from being able to add players from specifically Monday evening – Tuesday at midnight every week. There are some other exceptions but generally speaking, Monday evening – Tuesday at midnight is the wavier period and all other times are what’s called the free agency period. You can add just about any available player instantaneously without it affecting your wavier order. If there’s someone you want but you don’t want to give up your wavier order, you can always wait until after waviers process at Tuesday midnight, but there’s a risk someone else takes them first via waviers.

And that’s the wavier wire!

For further reading, a bonus rant on why it’s so important to keep your roster updated / scenarios in which to consider using a wavier pick.

Last edited by j03; 09-13-2022 at 08:24 PM.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Buizel (09-13-2022),Charmander (09-13-2022),DarkSkies (09-14-2022),Houndoom (09-21-2022),j03 (09-13-2022),kittyray (09-13-2022),TsUNaMy WaVe (09-14-2022),Zenitsu (09-13-2022)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Fantastic post that was really needed for our fantasy group!

This might be a bit much to take in at first, so it's a good idea to circle back throughout the season to understand the system a little better. It's a fairly simple process, but can be utilized to your needs as the season progresses. An un-managed team is destined to lose, so always keep up with your rosters health!

Something to consider...

If multiple people make waiver claims, like in the example, since Zapdos was first and successfully wins the waiver claim, she will drop to last (12th). The next person (me) to make a successful waiver claim will drop to last, bumping Zapdos up to (11th). This continues until all waiver claims are processed.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Alister (09-14-2022),DarkSkies (09-14-2022),Zenitsu (09-13-2022)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    155d 3h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Thanks so much for this Alister! Super helpful! I may link to this for my Hockey League as well as the waiver process works in the same way!

Thanks for also pointing out how to check waiver position. 11th for me
    So nothing to lose I guess!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Alister (09-14-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Thank you for this! Last year I held out using my waiver for such a long time because I was worried about wasting it, so we'll see if I play around more this year.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Alister (09-14-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Thank you!!!
    I think I somehow managed to get the gist of the waiver wire process from a google search, but your post is way more thorough and easy to understand ♥
    Hopefully I can use my waivers wisely.

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Alister (09-14-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Thank you for this! Last year I held out using my waiver for such a long time because I was worried about wasting it, so we'll see if I play around more this year.
    you've already got the #1 wavier pick this season too xD between your down-to-the-wire win and already having the priority wavier pick I feel like last season is really repeating itself for you. Which is not bad considering you're the reigning champ x)

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    you've already got the #1 wavier pick this season too xD between your down-to-the-wire win and already having the priority wavier pick I feel like last season is really repeating itself for you. Which is not bad considering you're the reigning champ x)
    Oh, I didn't realize I was already at one. Didn't check the claims this morning. Guess I'll hold out for the next several weeks again, lmao.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 15h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    Thank you very much for this guide! I was using it a lot last year when I played this. It's nice to have a more in depth guide about its mechanics!

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Alister (09-14-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Thank you very much for explaining this.

I'm between knowing a bit more and knowing nothing coz I'm not an expert at sports but this is my fault lol

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3