Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Still Buy Physical Media?

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 1h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I recently bought the disc version of the PS5 because in my head I thought it would be better but I haven't actually bought a physical game for it. All of my games have been purchased/downloaded digitally and I think a huge factor into why is because the Playstation Plus benefits such as free games, are only able to be downloaded digitally....which is how I've obtained a majority of my games if not all of them. I feel like stores such as gamestop will soon die out becasue people just aren't buying as many physical copies of games anymore. As far as music goes, I can't remember the last time I bought a CD...I think the last time was a $5 old CD from a bin at Walmart filled with oldies and classics. I mainly stream my music from Spotify or Youtube. I did however recently purchase all of the Harry Potter movies on Blue-ray but only because I couldn't find them streaming anywhere at the time

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I still own physical media but I don't buy it anymore. None of my electronics really use physical media anymore. I still have an xbox one with a disk drive but I use the all digital one I have more, none of my laptops have a disk drive, my car doesn't have any drive except usb, etc. Life is pretty much full digital for me at this point which is scary considering last time I dealt with a hacker situation I lost a lot of my digital media when the accounts were stolen.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Nope, no longer buy physical media other than a USB to store extra files/movies/music. - free/illegal of course.

Just have my Apple TV or use an HDMI cord for tv.

Oh I do have a Nintendo with SOME hard copy games but I think that's it really. There doesn't seem to be any benefit having the hard copies of DVDs/Music anymore. Stopped buying CDs backing 2010 on the dot. Used to collect CDs, what an absolute waste of money!

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 8h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I used to be SUCH a stickler for physical games and media, but I recently digitized my collections and installed CFW on my 3DS and dumped all my physical saves there. It is just easier and when you do it through the less-than-technically-legal route... I'm not as worried about my games going offline or losing access to them

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

kittyray (11-27-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    189 times
    Time Online
    85d 5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    The only physical media I've ever bought and still do is games, and I love seeing them lined up on the shelves. Though I lost my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire a few years back in a move and that was a moment where I wish I'd had a virtual copy...

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've bought less new physical media than I can count on both hands in the past half decade at least and mostly stream or digitally buy media. I do have a modest CD collection (don't actively collect anymore but it's alot of stuff I listened to in my teens), a lot of past gen games on disc/cartridge, and a stash of old DVDs saved from when my childhood home went up for sale. I'm a little limited on space but sometimes do consider buying more physical because most things digital run the risk of becoming inaccessible at some point.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    443 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Mostly music CDs (and books / manga but I'm not sure that's what you meant).
    I'm not actually listening to the CDs I buy (I don't really have a player that can play them anymore), it's more out of collecting and supporting the super niche artists that I love. I listen to the songs on the CDs by downloading them usually.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I buy vinyl because I have a record player. I also buy CDs and DVDs periodically. Even VHS sometimes! I prefer physical media. Feels more real, and like it'll last longer.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    92d 21h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    I still have my collections of cds, dvds, and vhs I had while growing up. Music I don't collect as much anymore. I am thinking about buying blu ray or similar for some of my old staple shows that I watch because I am tired of everything being subscription based. I am also going to build a computer specifically for streaming shows and movies (streamlord ftw) on big TV screens; but that'll take some time.

I still buy the physical copies of video games and books. Idk I just can't go digital even though I move a lot and that should be how I do things lol

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Depends on the media. Video games? Only if it's collectible.
    Music? Rarely.
    tv shows and movies? Not unless it's grandfathered in before wifi existed in my area.
    Books? Digital.

I guess manga is really the only thing I buy physical anymore now that I think of it

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata