40/0
    Mentioned
    1,162 times
    Time Online
    557d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndoom View Post
    Out of curiosity I started looking around to see how easy it was to DIY a kigurumi from scratch and found this adorable picture

they're so cute and round!! I might try making one one day since they seem like they're the type of ... more shapeless thing that might be a little easier than something more structured to make!
    oooh, i really haven't done that much sewing, but it seems like a fun project! I was gonna say, could be cool to try to make a neopet one, but I have no idea how to make a pattern for the face
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Houndoom (09-23-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 40m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    oooh, i really haven't done that much sewing, but it seems like a fun project! I was gonna say, could be cool to try to make a neopet one, but I have no idea how to make a pattern for the face
    I think a lot of it would just be winging it entirely by me lmao - I have very little experience with making plushie like faces, but I have done posable ears, so I feel like most of it would be not too hard? The main issue I think would be figuring out how to keep the hood in a more structured way up I think hmm

My biggest halloween diy projects have been:
    - a Toad (from mario) hat! It was very round and soft and squishy, and you could put it on like a beanie
    - a Borderlands psycho mask! I made it using masking tape of a simple halloween mask, and used goggle as inserts for the eye parts. I'd have loved to use like a computer fan for the mouth part, but instead I just wound up painting it cause I ran out of time

otherwise I typically do more like... close approximations of outfits, like for Barnacle Boy I found all the different outfit parts in the right colors and just assembled it haha (and painted the starfish + mermaid bra for my Mermaid Man!)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (09-23-2022),kittyray (09-23-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Out of curiosity I started looking around to see how easy it was to DIY a kigurumi from scratch and found this adorable picture

they're so cute and round!! I might try making one one day since they seem like they're the type of ... more shapeless thing that might be a little easier than something more structured to make!
    Kigurumi are honestly peak fashion as far as I'm concerned and if anyone finds an easy to follow pattern for a sewing noob let me know because it's criminal that there's no opossum kigurumi and I'll make my own if I have to.

- - - Updated - - -

omg if I could make an Alien Aisha one I think I would implode from joy

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

Houndoom (09-23-2022),kittyray (09-23-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,162 times
    Time Online
    557d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    @(you need an account to see links) I honestly don't have any cool Halloween projects to boast. I did some costume design stuff in undergrad as part of my minor, but the stuff I made was more wearable art than anything, so not really halloween-costume-y. I keep wanting to apply the skillset to that, but I just...haven't.

@(you need an account to see links) omg what if you got a spine for the ears so they were poseable!

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (09-24-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 40m
    @(you need an account to see links) - it's very very fun and I miss said projects back in college when I had a lot more time and a ton of chaotic creative energy. I remember my roommate at the time painstakingly sewing together each stripe in a cheshire cat dress so we'd just egg each other on with fun projects heh

As an adult I have so much less time/energy for it, along with a sudden lack of very alcoholic halloween parties to attend ;-;

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,162 times
    Time Online
    557d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    @(you need an account to see links) - it's very very fun and I miss said projects back in college when I had a lot more time and a ton of chaotic creative energy. I remember my roommate at the time painstakingly sewing together each stripe in a cheshire cat dress so we'd just egg each other on with fun projects heh

As an adult I have so much less time/energy for it, along with a sudden lack of very alcoholic halloween parties to attend ;-;
    omg that sounds like a fun roommate environment, though thinking about some of my chaotic all-nighters in classroom-studios with classmates, I feel like if I lived like that it would just be never-ending. I definitely feel you on the lack of party-motivation, I never really got invited to parties, and still don't really, so just hard to find push for that spark

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Houndoom (09-23-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 40m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    OMG the dinoooo!!! I need that dino, I need TO PROPAGATE TERROR TO HUMANKIND!

Or just end up in a Jurassic Park lol
    omg omg I remembered that Sazac is a brand I've bought from before, so that dinosaur kigurumi does exist!! (you need an account to see links) I bet you can find a seller for it c:

... I think the black cat one is the one I own and I'm just dumb and didn't recognize it lolol

@(you need an account to see links) - ahaha that roommate environment was definitely .... very fun but very bad for sleep and being productive college students haha, though I wouldn't have changed it for the world <3

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (09-23-2022),kittyray (09-23-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    @(you need an account to see links) I honestly don't have any cool Halloween projects to boast. I did some costume design stuff in undergrad as part of my minor, but the stuff I made was more wearable art than anything, so not really halloween-costume-y. I keep wanting to apply the skillset to that, but I just...haven't.

@(you need an account to see links) omg what if you got a spine for the ears so they were poseable!
    Omg they'd have to be! Though... floppy ones would be cute too... oooohhh what if a GREY ALIEN AISHA KIGURUMI

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,162 times
    Time Online
    557d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Omg they'd have to be! Though... floppy ones would be cute too... oooohhh what if a GREY ALIEN AISHA KIGURUMI
    omg Grey/Alien cross would be amazing and I didn't know I needed it!

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (09-27-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 40m
    So my friend and I made tentative plans to at least get dressed up and watch a bunch of the new horror movies coming out on Halloween weekend! Time to actually pull through a rather last minute costume hmm - and ideally it'll need to be comfy and warm cause theaters are cold haha

Halloween premiere movies are, afaict:
    - Prey For The Devil (looks kinda bad in the trailers, mostly cause they reveal the whole plot)
    - Run Sweetheart Run (haven't heard anything about this one yet, but I do love Blumhouse)
    - Wendell & Wild (also don't know much about this one, but I looove stop motion and I do enjoy Peele's works)