Thread: Tell me about your ways to combat burnout and depression!

Threaded View

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 20h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 7m

Tell me about your ways to combat burnout and depression!

So it's something I've talked extensively about with my therapist, and I've been on meds for depression for years which has helped tremendously. But I cannot stop the cycles of depressive episodes that come, and I KNOW they are coming.

They are always related to stress and what's happening in my life. Right now, my plate is full, and I can name three major priorities I have on a regular basis that don't include work (32 hr/week) or house chores. I have a massive admissions exam coming up but I'm going down that slope where I feel SO stressed about everything that I can't make myself study/focus on it because of other stuff plus just general burnout. My usual strategies for focusing aren't successful in this mental state.

I know the professional opinion, but I'd love to hear everyone's take on how you manage burnout and burnout-associated depression and anxiety.

Would love if having no time to relax could be a factor in your answer but for real I'd love to hear everyone's personal experiences and opinions!

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to goodnightmoon For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (09-04-2022),hearts (09-04-2022),j03 (09-04-2022),kittyray (09-04-2022),mauvet (09-04-2022),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (09-04-2022),Zenitsu (09-04-2022)