Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What are your current life goals?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Health/injuries messing up hobbies/activities is always such a shitty thing, but glad you're looking on the bright side of trying new things. When I've gone through similar I've tried a bunch of shit and saw what stuck (that's part of how I got back into neopets over a decade ago). I'm always an advocate of checking out coding. It's not for absolutely everybody, but I do think there's something in there for most everybody to enjoy that involves it. Hope this ends up a fun opportunity to try some new things!
    I'm definitely trying to look at the positives and not the negatives. It's definitely going to be a mind over matter thing for me during this time. My injury and associated surgery aren't too intense, I can still walk around and do my normal day to day things, i just have to stay away from activities that put more than normal pressure on my knee. Even things like mowing my lawn is off the table. I literally can only walk and sit down for the next 8 months.

Too bad if I get stuck in a swarm of bees, I'll have to walk briskly to get away, no running!

I'm not sure I have the patience for coding, the bug finding, fiddly parts i think might be the part that takes me down.

I�ve been around...

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 7h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Megiddo View Post
    I'm definitely trying to look at the positives and not the negatives. It's definitely going to be a mind over matter thing for me during this time. My injury and associated surgery aren't too intense, I can still walk around and do my normal day to day things, i just have to stay away from activities that put more than normal pressure on my knee. Even things like mowing my lawn is off the table. I literally can only walk and sit down for the next 8 months.

Too bad if I get stuck in a swarm of bees, I'll have to walk briskly to get away, no running!

I'm not sure I have the patience for coding, the bug finding, fiddly parts i think might be the part that takes me down.

omg, another post I started replying to last night and then lost! No for sure, it really sucks. That's gotta be a really frustrating spot to be in. I got super sick once and was pretty much limited to my couch and physical therapy for several months. I actually was just saying in another post about how I had to give up backpacking/mountaineering due to health issues (plus other things over the course of the ups and downs it had over the years), and it's really really shitty. I'm so glad for you that you have an end in sight but remember to be patient with yourself and not push things!

You can always try something small and if you want to play around with the logic of coding without the code bits, you can check out something like blockly.games or maybe a visual language like scratch. But there are also a lot of other low-key activities you can play around with or try, I don't wanna be pushy!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Megiddo (06-18-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    My goals this last month have been around getting my health and fitness back on track.
    As a teen and in my 20s I seemed to have a really good metabolism and just ate whatever I wanted to and looked fine.
    Since Covid began I've been comfort eating quite a bit and not exercising much at, and now find myself about 10 kgs overweight.
    I'm two weeks into no sugar and low carb diet (especially no bread) and I've lost 2.5kg so far.
    I'm doing treadmill runs of about an hour at a time (alternating between walking/jogging/sprinting) twice a week as well.
    Longterm I'm aiming to eat healthy Mon-Fri then have treats weekend only.
    I'm not obsessed with being skinny, I just want to fit into my clothes and have energy to run around and actually feel healthy.
    Open to tips/advice

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella For This Useful Post:

Mothman (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Honestly I'm just trying to get on my feet so I can start traveling lol. It's been a struggle but I'm managing well enough.

My mom spent the last 8+ yrs getting her PhD and we wanna go to Italy to celebrate but we need to wait until she can get a good amount of time off work lol. Either way I can't wait! My great grandparents were both born in Italy so it'll be cool to see where they grew up

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lazuli For This Useful Post:

Mothman (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 8h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
    My goals this last month have been around getting my health and fitness back on track.
    As a teen and in my 20s I seemed to have a really good metabolism and just ate whatever I wanted to and looked fine.
    Since Covid began I've been comfort eating quite a bit and not exercising much at, and now find myself about 10 kgs overweight.
    I'm two weeks into no sugar and low carb diet (especially no bread) and I've lost 2.5kg so far.
    I'm doing treadmill runs of about an hour at a time (alternating between walking/jogging/sprinting) twice a week as well.
    Longterm I'm aiming to eat healthy Mon-Fri then have treats weekend only.
    I'm not obsessed with being skinny, I just want to fit into my clothes and have energy to run around and actually feel healthy.
    Open to tips/advice
    No tips or advice from me, but good luck!! <3 I'm right here trying to do this alongside you!!

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Got laid off from tech industry two months ago as I was returning from vacation, I was a data analyst for a company developing monitoring tools for water utility companies.

Since they I have had interviews but no job offers. My S/O is moving in with my in the foreseeable future, but I am hoping I can get a job by then and gain some financial security.

It's unfortunate that I've been laid off twice times over the last few years (first was covid, second was tech layoffs) right as I was coming out of school.

I'm hopeful but it's been hard doing blind applications and not getting responses.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mefu For This Useful Post:

kittyray (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by mothmen View Post
    No tips or advice from me, but good luck!! <3 I'm right here trying to do this alongside you!!
    Thanks! Good luck to you too! Hopefully you don't have a partner like me that just eats junk food in my face and in bed even at night. He doesn't exercise at all but looks super fit. It's not fair haha

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella For This Useful Post:

Mothman (06-22-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 7h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Lose 40 pounds healthily.
    Learn to outrun the cops (so I can explore abandoned buildings)
    Learn first aid (for abandoned buildings lol)

Learn more at work and make myself a better asset to our team to potentially further my promotional chances

Finish my goddamn head tattoo!
    UB Courtesy of: @Munna

Credit for the beautiful signature to: (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 7h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    I'm still hoping to change day jobs into an area that fits me better creatively. Facing the problem of being too experienced to get anything entry level, but not having the exact right experience people are looking for at a higher level in a competitive industry.

Two applications sent off yesterday. One for an entry level job - I am willing to take a few steps back to make this change - and one for an internship designed for job-changers. We'll see how it goes!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    176 times
    Time Online
    42d 10h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I've just started a new chapter in my life. I've been off this forum and most other things including Neopets for about a month now, and that's because.. I got married! I'm excited about this new chapter of life with my partner!