DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    52d 21h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 18m
    How do you explain to the decision makers, that are so desperately looking for lightning in a bottle, that they already have it. It's Neopets.com. It's the charming, almost too-simple structure and it's wondrous and whimsical lore and characters that can be overhauled for modern web in a way that honors its legacy and retains everything people want. It's insane to me that they can drop this ball this hard every single time but it's another thing to do it by promising something and just sweeping it under the rug. I literally just want Neopets to function in a modern browser and be as close to its original structure as possible with improvements for quality of life on-site.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to samsepiol For This Useful Post:

cregganwhitehare (09-21-2022),Erik. (09-22-2022),fool (09-21-2022),Meepit (09-21-2022)

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by samsepiol View Post
    How do you explain to the decision makers, that are so desperately looking for lightning in a bottle, that they already have it. It's Neopets.com. It's the charming, almost too-simple structure and it's wondrous and whimsical lore and characters that can be overhauled for modern web in a way that honors its legacy and retains everything people want. It's insane to me that they can drop this ball this hard every single time but it's another thing to do it by promising something and just sweeping it under the rug. I literally just want Neopets to function in a modern browser and be as close to its original structure as possible with improvements for quality of life on-site.
    That's all any of us want, really. And the sad thing is is that we aren't even asking for too much.

If you have to halt "new" things for a while to get the site functional for today's standards, hell, that's fine, but please for the love of god communicate that. Don't leave your users hanging and don't leave your site in a weird unfinished state while you push whatever stupid money scheme on the side.

Thank you so much, (you need an account to see links)!
    RBY styled Vulpix Ryu bar made by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-22-2022),Lyrichord (09-21-2022)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    155d 3h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Honestly at thus point I would be down if they shut down the site for a month with heads up
    For people with premium and just work at getting the site fixed with it down and then it being good to go at launch.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (09-21-2022),Sora (09-21-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    Honestly at thus point I would be down if they shut down the site for a month with heads up
    For people with premium and just work at getting the site fixed with it down and then it being good to go at launch.
    Knowing TNT they would still somehow fuck that up and when the site came back accounts are messed up somehow 😒
    Though I 100% would back that as well because they really need to be more proactive about fixing these issues before even more show up.

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dita For This Useful Post:

Charmander (09-21-2022)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    78d 23h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    How many of the same type of copy cat apps are they planning to make? This is like what 5-6? Don’t make anyone stupid ass games unless you’re giving me a full blown neopets the darkest faerie. Because otherwise I want no parts of it and I don’t give a shit. They’re setting themselves up for failure with these apps and I just don’t get it…. I’m not mad… just uh…. Ok mad lol.

ALSO WHERE THE FAERIE QUESTS AT??

is it spooky season yet?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Targaryen For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (09-21-2022),Erik. (09-22-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Maybe if enough of us are brutally honest enough in our responses, whichever higher up is pushing the revolving door of mobile games will chill out.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-22-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    8d 16h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    I would do anything for them to do this. Other sites have and it was great. Just please.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (09-21-2022)

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Maybe if enough of us are brutally honest enough in our responses, whichever higher up is pushing the revolving door of mobile games will chill out.
    The only way they'll stop with this garbage is if enough people stop buying in to the microtransactions contained within them. And judging based on the NC and pound chats, I really think most people on the site have more money than sense.

RBY styled Vulpix Ryu bar made by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-22-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    The only way they'll stop with this garbage is if enough people stop buying in to the microtransactions contained within them. And judging based on the NC and pound chats, I really think most people on the site have more money than sense.
    I didn't know people were actually doing those, I do my best to avoid microtransactions, and I certainly don't do it for these types of games (tho I hate it when those games have levels that you can't beat without certain powerups that you have to either purchase or earn via lots of ads and shit).

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I didn't know people were actually doing those, I do my best to avoid microtransactions, and I certainly don't do it for these types of games (tho I hate it when those games have levels that you can't beat without certain powerups that you have to either purchase or earn via lots of ads and shit).
    Every mobile game sadly has that whale or impatient person who buys in. Always. It's become a problem in general because it's only encouraged mobile games to become more and more and more predatory. "Buy this to not wait!" "Buy this to stand a chance against this opponent!" "Oh, you don't want to be the only one on your friends list who doesn't have this rare item, right? Buy this for more chances for it!" I HATE it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-22-2022),kittyray (09-21-2022)