Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween or Autumn movies/shows?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowfighter View Post
    Oh my goooooosh I love fall and fall themed things. .

I love spooky movies but I love them all year round--except for around Christmas, so around Halloween I like to switch it up a little and watch campy horror movies especially slashers like Scream.

My must watch ever single year no matter what are: Rocky Horror Picture Show, Casper & Casper Meets Wendy, Beetlejuice, Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus of course. I really enjoy movies like that.
    I also love watching Pixar movies between now and the end of November. There’s something so comforting and nostalgic about watching Toy Story while all of my Halloween lights are on. Just reminds me of nice fall weekends back when I was in school.

When I’m really in the mood to just not fall asleep at night I’ll watch something like Hereditary. That was the last movie that legit scared tf out of me and the sole reason was the scene where the mom just very floppy-like floats out of the bedroom in the back ground 💀 I can’t handle stuff that’s just slightly off than how it should be.
    I've seen multiple people mention Rocky Horror Picture Show and I don't think I've seen enough of it to know anything about it so I should probably rewatch it!
    Hereditary sounds familiar, what's it about?!
    I want to decorate my house with orange and purple lights this year! Halloween definitely gives me the innocent childhood nostalgic vibes I miss so much.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by hearts View Post
    I've seen multiple people mention Rocky Horror Picture Show and I don't think I've seen enough of it to know anything about it so I should probably rewatch it!
    Hereditary sounds familiar, what's it about?!
    I want to decorate my house with orange and purple lights this year! Halloween definitely gives me the innocent childhood nostalgic vibes I miss so much.
    ITS SO FUN!
    I probably shouldn’t have but my friends and I watched it when we were like, 7 LOL
    The look of pure horror on my moms face when we asked her if we could show her a dance from it that we made up was so funny, I will never forget it.
    OOOH it’s about a family who’s matriarch figure passes away. She leaves some not good cult vibes behind her to them and it trickles down on everyone. In case you haven’t seen it I don’t want to give anything else away! It is an incredibly unsettling movie. The director really enjoys lingering shots so there’s moments of silence where you just kinda want to squirm a bit and look around. Very good!
    It’s made by the same guy who made Midsommar

YESSS I strictly associate Halloween with fun found pumpkins and goofy decorations and candy and nostalgia 🥺

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pillowfighter For This Useful Post:

hearts (09-06-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowfighter View Post
    ITS SO FUN!
    I probably shouldn’t have but my friends and I watched it when we were like, 7 LOL
    The look of pure horror on my moms face when we asked her if we could show her a dance from it that we made up was so funny, I will never forget it.
    OOOH it’s about a family who’s matriarch figure passes away. She leaves some not good cult vibes behind her to them and it trickles down on everyone. In case you haven’t seen it I don’t want to give anything else away! It is an incredibly unsettling movie. The director really enjoys lingering shots so there’s moments of silence where you just kinda want to squirm a bit and look around. Very good!
    It’s made by the same guy who made Midsommar

YESSS I strictly associate Halloween with fun found pumpkins and goofy decorations and candy and nostalgia 🥺
    I LOVED MIDSOMMER SO YEAH I AM FIXIN' TO WATCH THIS AS SOON AS I GET HOME THIS WEEKEND. Do you happen to know off the top of your head it if it's on Netflix or anything? If not no worries I can search for it!

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I LOVE Jeepers Creepers!!

I didn't read through the thread so it may already have been mentioned, but I watch Cartoon Network's Over the Garden Wall every fall. Sometimes I catch details I missed the first few watches, but mostly I just really enjoy the story and characters. It's not spooky, but it does have some creepy elements to it.

As for movies... I've been deep into watching Korean, Taiwanese, Thai, and Chinese horror/thriller/curse films lately. Most recently, I've watched Incantation (2022).

I love horror/thriller, but very rarely do I ever actually feel anxious and scared watching them. I had to cover my eyes for portions of Incantation because of the fear.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Tray For This Useful Post:

hearts (09-06-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Tray View Post
    I LOVE Jeepers Creepers!!

I didn't read through the thread so it may already have been mentioned, but I watch Cartoon Network's Over the Garden Wall every fall. Sometimes I catch details I missed the first few watches, but mostly I just really enjoy the story and characters. It's not spooky, but it does have some creepy elements to it.

As for movies... I've been deep into watching Korean, Taiwanese, Thai, and Chinese horror/thriller/curse films lately. Most recently, I've watched Incantation (2022).

I love horror/thriller, but very rarely do I ever actually feel anxious and scared watching them. I had to cover my eyes for portions of Incantation because of the fear.
    Yessss several mentioned Over the Garden Wall! I need to rewatch it. I watched it only once a couple years ago so I'm adding it to my mental Halloween checklist this year.

I can't wait for Squid Games 2! I'd love if that came out before Halloween so I could add that to my watch list!

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (09-06-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Just finished the last episode of American Horror Stories on Hulu. The episode was called Lake. It was pretty good. I think I'll make American Horror Stories a casual thing to watch during the fall. May not be the best of American Horror Story but they are easy to follow and short enough for short attention spans like mine, ha.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 17h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Just finished the last episode of American Horror Stories on Hulu. The episode was called Lake. It was pretty good. I think I'll make American Horror Stories a casual thing to watch during the fall. May not be the best of American Horror Story but they are easy to follow and short enough for short attention spans like mine, ha.
    I'm almost caught up on this I think! So far the dollhouse was the best episode. I really liked the last season better; the tied the stories into locations from the actual show a lot better.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

hearts (09-10-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by chii3d View Post
    I'm almost caught up on this I think! So far the dollhouse was the best episode. I really liked the last season better; the tied the stories into locations from the actual show a lot better.
    Dollhouse was definitely my favorite! Weirdly, my second favorite was probably Milkmaids despite it being kind of repulsive with the pus and all LOL

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 17h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Dollhouse was definitely my favorite! Weirdly, my second favorite was probably Milkmaids despite it being kind of repulsive with the pus and all LOL
    when she licked that pus I had to look away. omg no! But cool premise and setting. I really didn't like the necro one at all, but the others were enjoyable. The facelift reminds me of that old twilight zone episode with the masks but only loosely.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

hearts (09-10-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by chii3d View Post
    when she licked that pus I had to look away. omg no! But cool premise and setting. I really didn't like the necro one at all, but the others were enjoyable. The facelift reminds me of that old twilight zone episode with the masks but only loosely.
    THE PUS LICKING SENT ME LMAOOOO
    I thought Necro's acting was pretty bad but I kindaaa liked it? A little?

Drive was SO boring honestly. Non-memorable for sure.

Bloody Mary was memorable and the Aura one was decent too.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  •