Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween or Autumn movies/shows?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m

Halloween or Autumn movies/shows?

🎃 spooky movies 🎃

The morning air has a bit of nip in it now so that means nutty coffees, pumpkin candles, blankets, and scary/spooky movies. This is my favorite time of year and I'm already in the mood to watch movies.

What are your favorite autumn/fall/spooky/horror movies and shows?
    If you post a movie or show that you know is on a streaming service, post that too if you don't mind and know it off the top of your head!

(you need an account to see links)
    Jeepers Creepers 1 + 2 is always a good spooky start.

• ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • 

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

Anybody (08-30-2022),Bea (08-30-2022),Buizel (10-11-2022),Cookie Tray (09-06-2022),dustyc (08-30-2022),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (08-30-2022),Orbit (08-30-2022),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (09-03-2022),Zenitsu (08-30-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    36d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    YESSS!! I LOVE AUTUMN!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this thread Jeepers Creepers is such a good start. The first one is a classic -- and the second is a guilty pleasure, because it's sooo fun to see everyone crammed into a bus, panicking.

Every year my SO and I are only allowed to watch horror movies all of October; we're five years running now. It turns us super weird by the end of the month, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

MOVIES

The Descent - A classic! Badass women in caves, claustrophobia is only the beginning of this chaotic tale

Sinister - A writer moves into a home with his family and finds some very unsettling tapes in the attic.
    This movie is great if you want to be unsettled. Really top notch, creepy vibes. As a warning though; there are jump scares, but IMO they're not cheaply done, they're super effective

Cabin in the Woods
    - this one subverts horror tropes, which is really fun to watch. Comedic but also suspenseful

I also love Found Footage movies for some reasons, so a few recommends for those are (besides the obvious blair witch):

As Above So Below - I don't see this one recommended very often but it's such a favorite of mine, some indiana jones-style treasure hunters go into the Paris Catacombs where they believe the philosopher's stone lies. They go deeper and deeper...

V/H/S - an anthology film! lots of fun. The second one is good too if you enjoy the first.

[rec] - A reporter tags along with some fire fighters who are investigating an apartment building where some weird attacks are being reported! (not english; there's an english remake but it's not quite as good)

Grave Encounters - Ghost hunters lock themselves in an abandoned, supposedly haunted asylum.

Hell House LLC - A homemade haunted house attraction goes horribly wrong and years later a documentary team decides to return to the scene and figure out what happened.

TV

Anything Mike Flanagan (Hill House, Bly Manor, Midnight Mass.) Midnight Mass is probably my favorite, but it can be a bit monologue-y for some people (I LOVED the writing myself, great character show). Bly Manor is great if you want extra gay with your horror. Hill House is more classic horror rooted in family. All great tbh!

Into The Dark is a horror anthology series, every episode is basically a mini-movie!

American Horror Stories is a fun time too-- another anthology series, from the makers of American Horror Story, obviously

Channel Zero - Every season is a new story, based on popular internet Creepypastas! I'd recommend starting with season 2, which is based on the creepypasta NoEnd House

GAMES

Okay, I promise, i'm almost done. But I wanted to give a quick shoutout to Supermassive games, who make survival horror games you can play with friends to make an interactive movie night!

The most popular one was the first one, Until Dawn (I don't want to give away what kind of horror this is but it's a bunch of teens isolated in a cabin on the mountain). But they also have Man of Medan (nautical themed), Little Hope (witchcraft themes), House of Ashes (I... don't want to give this one away either, but it starts with a military group going underground) and, mostly recently, The Quarry (I haven't played this one yet, I think it's more classic slasher?)

The way it works is that you can assign everyone a character and you can pass the controller around and have that person be in charge of that character .... and try not to kill them!! Harder than it sounds, haha

I have way more but I must resist typing up a whole novel. i'm so excited to see everyone else's recommendations, and welcome to spooky season everyone!
    Last edited by Orbit; 08-30-2022 at 04:10 PM.

Pomi the Ryu
    amazing userbar by lyrichord

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Orbit For This Useful Post:

Anybody (08-30-2022),Bea (08-30-2022),Da Plushee Boree (09-01-2022),DarkSkies (08-30-2022),dustyc (08-30-2022),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (08-30-2022),hearts (08-30-2022),Houndoom (08-30-2022),kittyray (08-31-2022),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (09-03-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    134/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    64d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Im totally with you there, Jeepers Creepers is my favorite horror movie, the Creepers design is amazing i just love him! We have the same tastes, that makes me so happy
    I have a small collection of Jeepers Creepers items from signed photos/mounted frames/the mask/funko pops/jumpers and hoodies LOL!

Have you seen the trailor for Number 4 ( Reborn )?
    It looks quite good to be honest i hope its better than Number 3 lol but it dosnt have the same cast and Johnathon Breck dosnt play the Creeper which is a shame because he played him perfectly.

Also for Halloween this year i plan to go out as the Creeper (we need a new post your halloween outfit threads near the time so we can all show them off!)
    Carnt wait to see everyone elses fav horror movies!

But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart
    I will always be with you
    ♥

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bea For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (09-01-2022),hearts (08-30-2022),Orbit (08-30-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I LOVE SUPERMASSIVE GAMES!! @(you need an account to see links) I have played through all of them now including the Quarry and Quarry is fantastic for more ... character driven story. It's definitely more like Until Dawn where it's longer and has more of that interactive movie feel. My main knock on it is that it got rid of the relationship markers and personality trait shifts, which I adored from all of the other games they have made. Either way, I can't wait till the new one comes out! Man of Medan was probably my favorite of all of them and I've replayed it so many times.

I also hard second anything Mike Flanagan. Hill House and Midnight Mass were both so SO good and great character driven horror, and I'll definitely watch Bly Manor this fall. It had a bit of a slower start so I gave up on it last time I tried to watch other stuff instead heh.

Every October I try to watch:
    - Cabin in the Woods! It's so fun and does a great job of balance of being funny and scary
    - A Purge movie cause who doesn't love nonsensical violence
    - A David Cronenberg film cause I haven't yet seen them all and The Fly was great and gross

The upcoming slate of horror movies already looks awesome! I just saw Bodies Bodies Bodies which was fun, and Smile and Don't Worry Darling and Barbarian all look really scary and great.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

Bea (08-30-2022),hearts (08-30-2022),Orbit (08-30-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    This reply was so thought-out and hearty. I will have to rep it tomorrow b/c it won't let me today. ;-; BUT THANK YOU!!!! This is exactly what I wanted! I'm going to be scrolling through my streaming services tonight and I'll report to you if I watch any! Athough I think I've seen some of these, it's been long enough now it'd be like watching it the first time again. 🎃
    There's gonna be 4th one?!?!?! Stop it!!! I watched the 3rd on Syfy and it didn't stick with me either so I hope this is better! I always thought the sequel for the 3rd move should have started off with the old man in the chair with his rifle waiting for the Creeper to wake up. About to watch that trailer!
    I watched the Haunting of Hill House and Bly Manor and they were both so good I'd re-watch them! Since you and Orbit both suggested Cabin in the Woods, I might search for that first! Purge is always good to have on as spooky background noise!

- - - Updated - - -
    Just watched that trailer and it comes out this September?!?!?! But whyyyy only in theaters!!!! I'll pay theater price to watch it at home, hello!!!! LOL.
    If you dress up as the Creeper for halloween, I HAVE to see how you pull it off!

• ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • 

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

Bea (08-30-2022),Orbit (08-30-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    134/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    64d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I agree exaclty i expected the 3rd one to start after the second but films never work like that to they haha, like Insidious those are all in the wrong order.
    Yes September lets hope, i think i will wait to watch it at home to, the cinemas in the UK are so expensive

Im also hoping to pull it off 🤞 i went as Billy from Saw last year had to ride around on my nephews bike all night, my legs where killing me and i rode all though dog shite! 🤣 Nephew wasnt happy with me in the morning lol!!

Also the Conjuring is a brilliant one aswell, based on real case files from the Warrens.

♥

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bea For This Useful Post:

hearts (08-30-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bea View Post
    I agree exaclty i expected the 3rd one to start after the second but films never work like that to they haha, like Insidious those are all in the wrong order.
    Yes September lets hope, i think i will wait to watch it at home to, the cinemas in the UK are so expensive

Im also hoping to pull it off 🤞 i went as Billy from Saw last year had to ride around on my nephews bike all night, my legs where killing me and i rode all though dog shite! 🤣 Nephew wasnt happy with me in the morning lol!!

Also the Conjuring is a brilliant one aswell, based on real case files from the Warrens.
    Oh god I agree on how expensive the cinemas in the UK are D: (When I went to see Dr Strange it was around 20 odd quid!)

I haven't seen The Conjuring because I'm a whimp butttt I'm going to add The Decent into the mix here! Had to watch it for media studies when I did GCSE's and... I'm totally scarred for life lmao. Will never go near any caves!

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Bea (08-30-2022),hearts (08-30-2022)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Every single Fall since it has come out, I have to watch all of Over the Garden Wall at least once! Just such a cozy, sweet series with the perfect autumn vibes!

I'm a huge baby when it comes to horror movies or any sort of gory films, and have only recently gotten into some this year thanks to watching them with friends. The Evil Dead was a fun one, lots of gore of course but fun to see all the effects they used!
    Custom Userbar made by (you need an account to see links) ♡

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (09-01-2022),hearts (08-30-2022),Raposa (08-31-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    134/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    64d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Oh god I agree on how expensive the cinemas in the UK are D: (When I went to see Dr Strange it was around 20 odd quid!)
    I haven't seen The Conjuring because I'm a whimp butttt I'm going to add The Decent into the mix here! Had to watch it for media studies when I did GCSE's and... I'm totally scarred for life lmao. Will never go near any caves!
    I bet the prices are even more now, i dread to think D: Ive not seen Dr Strange, is that good?
    The conjuring is really good, give it a go sometime you wont regret it also The Decent is great, being underground in caves starts my claustrophobia off though and them Monsters where bloody horrible!

♥

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bea For This Useful Post:

hearts (08-30-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bea View Post
    I bet the prices are even more now, i dread to think D: Ive not seen Dr Strange, is that good?
    The conjuring is really good, give it a go sometime you wont regret it also The Decent is great, being underground in caves starts my claustrophobia off though and them Monsters where bloody horrible!
    Oh yeah, I haven't been to the cinema since Strange, so I can't imagine how much the tickets are now ;u; Dr Strange is great! and it does have some horror elements in it even thought it's a Marvel movie! That's probably due to it being directed by Sam Raimi (Evil Dead?!)

I'm terrible when it comes to supernatural horrors xD I'll probably have to watch it in broad day light lol. Oh for sure! I hated The Decent, it really freaked me out, and I agree the the monsters were horrid! I had nightmares for weeks after watching that movie.

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Bea (08-30-2022),hearts (08-30-2022)