Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Halloween or Autumn movies/shows?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    I just finished Over The Garden Wall on Hulu which I had kinda watched a few years ago but I actually paid attention this time and what a classic. They painting/animation is so retro. It's like the only 2 modern things are the 2 Brothers but everything else is an entirely different time period.

Even the modern period looks like it was set in the 80s or 90s? (The cassette tape and no cell phones in sight)

And the best thing about thus show is it is 10 episodes, 12 minutes each! You can finish in 2 hours and it's perfect if you have difficulty paying attention to movies and shows like I do.

• ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • 

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

chii3d (09-18-2022),dustyc (09-29-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    (you need an account to see links)

Rewatching American Horror Story 1984 tonight. I love having these on in the background since I've already seen them because I can still play on my phone and know what's going on in the show.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

chii3d (09-18-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    88d 7h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Practical Magic and Hocus Pocus definitely the best!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

hearts (09-14-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    Practical Magic and Hocus Pocus definitely the best!
    Practical Magic is free on YouTube! (I'm not sure if thats because I have YouTube Premium or not though)

And Hocus Pocus 2 comes out September 30th!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

Recommending these Netflix movies for some spooky vibes.
    What Happened To Monday is about seven twin sisters who have to pretend to be the same person in a new dystopia where there's a cap on how many children a person can have. It's disturbing enough to make you like 😲 So, disturbing in a good way, haha. And there's a twist!

Bird Box stars Sandra Bullock and it's about an ?entity? that causes the people who look at it to... do something bad. I would say because I don't think that's even a spoiler but it might be and I don't wanna give away the plot. Highly recommend this one!

The Devil All The Time has so many familiar actors in it and is EXTREMELY disturbing. Like I would recommend this 100/10 though. You'll be quoting Robert Pattinson's line, "DELUSIONSSSSS" days, months after seeing this. Without giving too much of the plot, it's set in the early 1900s and revolves around a very Christian town. Dangerous cult-like religious extremists.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

chii3d (09-18-2022),DarkSkies (09-18-2022),Houndoom (09-20-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I've been super hyped about all these new spooky movie releases so far!

- Barbarian was fantastic, and so scary and nervewracking. They built up the tension so well!
    - I just watched X in preparation for Pearl, and X had some absolutely stunning cinematography and some fun subversion of traditional slasher tropes! I'll be seeing Pearl later this week most likely c:
    - Even though Smile looks like it could be really bad I'm probably gonna like it anyways haha

I'll probably soon be watching some of those from your list too @(you need an account to see links), though I'm also a little nervous cause my partner will be leaving for a month and horror on my own is a little too scary sometimes esp since I'd be walking the dogs by myself afterwards ahahaha

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

hearts (09-20-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndoom View Post
    I've been super hyped about all these new spooky movie releases so far!

- Barbarian was fantastic, and so scary and nervewracking. They built up the tension so well!
    - I just watched X in preparation for Pearl, and X had some absolutely stunning cinematography and some fun subversion of traditional slasher tropes! I'll be seeing Pearl later this week most likely c:
    - Even though Smile looks like it could be really bad I'm probably gonna like it anyways haha

I'll probably soon be watching some of those from your list too @(you need an account to see links), though I'm also a little nervous cause my partner will be leaving for a month and horror on my own is a little too scary sometimes esp since I'd be walking the dogs by myself afterwards ahahaha
    Omg put of the movies I listed I think What Happened To Monday would be the safest bet to not he too freaked out! The others... I might stray from lol!

And I've heard good things about Barbarian!!! I think it's only on HBO max right? The only streaming service I don't have yet. Lawd these services taking all my money lol.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by hearts View Post
    Omg put of the movies I listed I think What Happened To Monday would be the safest bet to not he too freaked out! The others... I might stray from lol!

And I've heard good things about Barbarian!!! I think it's only on HBO max right? The only streaming service I don't have yet. Lawd these services taking all my money lol.
    If you can, I highly highly recommend seeing Barbarian in theaters esp with Dolby! The sound is so so good and spooky alksjdlkfj

I'll watch the others during the day or something instead lmao

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

hearts (09-20-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    33d 5h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is a really awesome moody and atmospheric game to play this time of year! it's a mystery-style game where you have to gather clues and piece together puzzles, set in the autumn in like an abandoned gothic mill town setting. the vibe is just so beautiful and heavy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to glittery For This Useful Post:

Houndoom (09-23-2022)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I just watched the new Munsters movie on Netflix with friends last night, and we all had a fun time watching it! So much fun lighting, set design, costumes, and camera shots! Just classic Halloween. Apparently people either love it or hate it, but as someone who has no knowledge of the original Munsters show, I enjoyed it. It was also the first Rob Zombie movie I've seen, and tbh I've never been big into horror but I'd love to see some of his other work now too!
    Custom Userbar made by (you need an account to see links) ♡

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

Houndoom (09-29-2022)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast