Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    So I tried to see if I could find any pictures from that Summer and a lot are on an external drive somewhere, but I did find this one from July 2016 and I just remember so much of the city being like this.

And like...I realize this is very typical for any summer night in a park in new york, but seriously basically all of us were playing PoGo. I remember a crowd of people moving a congregation because some teenager was shouting about a scyther and the realization that we wouldn't all have the same stats. I remember people renting portable battery packs. How rapidly gyms changed hands! So many things!
    I LOVE THAT! I don't care how you look at it. That photo should be in the history books tbh. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Weirdly enough I had an experience that brought that feeling back a few years ago. My boyfriend and I started noticing a group of people coming into town in the middle of the night and taking every gym in town including mine. So I got pissed and started going in behind them (no car!) and taking them back an hour or so after they left. I'd leave them all empty to give everyone a chance.

Well, at one point they caught us. They started waiting themselves, following the chain of gyms until we wound up having to hide in a public bathroom so they didn't find us!

Technically, that was supposed to to be terrifying but we had a blast.
    Not y'all in stealth mode taking over gyms. I f*cking love it. XD I'm so happy y'all shared the same bliss I felt! I am probably romanticize this time in history but nothing has compared to that feeling yet.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

goodnightmoon (08-29-2022),kittyray (08-29-2022),Raposa (08-29-2022),Zenitsu (08-29-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 8h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I'm sure there are better pictures that represent it! That one was at 59th/5th, which was a huge spot for PoGo players, they even had t-shirts!

God, this is making me want to move back, lmao.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

hearts (08-29-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    I just dug through my 2016 images to see if I had taken any photos or even any screenshots of that ~era~ and apparently I never did and have no evidence of if.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

goodnightmoon (08-29-2022),kittyray (08-29-2022),Zenitsu (08-29-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 20h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 8m
    okay YES i love this time period. i was in grad school and my partner and i would drive around our college town going to stops and gyms. i specifically remember the song "Ride" by twenty one pilots had come out and i remember listening to that song, riding in the passenger's seat with the windows down next to him him on a summer night going to the riverfront to hit up a few pokestops. honestly, very fond mems

every time i hear that song now six years later i remember that exact moment.

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goodnightmoon For This Useful Post:

hearts (08-29-2022),kittyray (08-29-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon View Post
    okay YES i love this time period. i was in grad school and my partner and i would drive around our college town going to stops and gyms. i specifically remember the song "Ride" by twenty one pilots had come out and i remember listening to that song, riding in the passenger's seat with the windows down next to him him on a summer night going to the riverfront to hit up a few pokestops. honestly, very fond mems

every time i hear that song now six years later i remember that exact moment.
    I can feel the nostalgia reading your post! I have similar memories! There was a "greenway" path through the woods next to a canal/river and we'd walk up and down it with tons of people until the mosquitos would come out. xD

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

goodnightmoon (08-29-2022),Zenitsu (08-29-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Oh maaaaan I miss the hype of when the game first came out! We had a steady group at work that would call out raids + rare pokes near us and there were at least a couple people on my team that would play and catch them while "working" ahaha since we sat right on a pokestop. There'd be at least 10 ish of us at each raid which was so fun.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

hearts (08-29-2022),kittyray (08-29-2022),Zenitsu (08-29-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndoom View Post
    Oh maaaaan I miss the hype of when the game first came out! We had a steady group at work that would call out raids + rare pokes near us and there were at least a couple people on my team that would play and catch them while "working" ahaha since we sat right on a pokestop. There'd be at least 10 ish of us at each raid which was so fun.
    I bet that was so fun! So y'all had your own little virtual territories! Betta not no strangers come to this gym. 👊👊👊

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    Pokemon Go came out the same summer my mom died and it was the first thing to get me out of the house and socializing again after all that. Some of my gamer pals from work organized meet ups at the park right by my house to make it as easy on me as possible to join them :') it was so nostalgic and laid back and no pressure to really socialize outside of interacting regarding the game that it was a really good fit for my mood at the time. I'll always be so appreciative of them and the game for giving me motivation to actually go outside when I otherwise would just wallow by myself.

Eventually they stopped playing but I kept at it and made friends with a lot of the folks around my neighborhood, people of all ages, since we'd all join each other at the park. It made it seem like such a more neighborly area; I'd be out walking my dogs and someone driving past would honk and wave and it'd be a Pokemon Go friend c:

not 2016, but the Raid Bus was so much fun. A couple of times during special shiny weekends, I remember the first shiny Zapdos weekend being one, I joined a group with a chartered bus that toured about the city and hit up as many gyms as they could cram into a three hours period. That was a blast.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

hearts (08-30-2022),kittyray (08-29-2022)

Pronouns
    any/all
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    19d 22h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    it got me to go out walking for miles in july voluntarily so yeah it was certainly something special.
    i didnt have anyone to enjoy it with but it was still fun. such a simple nice trend that was. just walking outside taking pictures exploring the world around you
    i actually have a few screenshots from that july. man the game was buggy!

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 8h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    omg i found a screenshot of mine just like your second one when looking for the pic I posted earlier! I'm too lazy to go dig it up now, tho, sorry!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB