Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone still play Pokemon Legends: Arceus?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m

Does anyone still play Pokemon Legends: Arceus?

Did you beat it? I stopped playing about a month ago after playing it heavily for a straight month.

It was really fun up until that point though. Did you like it?

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 6h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    I haven't even started it yet though I intend to some day. I haven't gotten a new Pokemon game since the base Sword/Shield, including their expansions. I wanted to love Sw/Sh because I love Pokemon so much, and I did love the hell out of the concept of the Wild Area and giant stadiums for Pokemon matches like it's a national sport, but the game itself did feel a bit sparse in content. I heard good things about Legends of Arceus but Sw/Sh just burned me out a bit. If you played Sw/Sh, how do you think Legends of Arceus compares?

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I really a haven't played many Pokemon games, except old old ones like Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Snap, more recently (aka 2016) Pokemon Go. Legends: Arceus was a random leap of faith download for me because I really wasn't hopeful I would get into it, but it ended up being pretty fun!

In other Pokemon games, like Sw/Sh, is it like adventure style? Like do you get to walk around freely or is the game more mapped out? (I hope this question makes sense because I know I'm wording it terribly lol)

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 6h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I bought it but haven't started it yet. I'll get around to it. Eventually. Maybe.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (08-25-2022),Hollow (08-25-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Big felt on that haha. I've been more so playing mindless smaller games with no super big goal. I just downloaded downloaded Fall Guys as an example and that's kinda fun. I'm really bad at it but it's really a simple concept. xD

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 6h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    Sword and Shield are still very mapped out with the exception of the Wild Area, which is a giant open area with its own mini-regions and tons of Pokemon variety. I think the Wild Area is so neat in concept, I love the thought of Pokemon being given an area entirely to themselves and radically evolving the local biome as a result. Like pockets of Electric Pokemon that are so dense they just fry any manmade electronics or magma patches that are too hot to even get near without specialized protective gear from all the Fire types. That is not what Sword and Shield is actually like, the Wild Area is pretty homogenous in game, but the idea is good.

LoA is more open world, right? Like you don't have to go the towns in any particular order.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I stopped playing it, I thought I'd enjoy it a lot when I saw the trailers and gameplay but it felt sort of... meh? I'm half way through the game but I haven't bothered to pick it back up. I put in more time and effort into Sword/Shield, and I ended up 100% completing it and completing my dex.

Maybe i'll give Legends another chance lol. I loved the entire idea of it being open world though.

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 6h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by hearts View Post
    Big felt on that haha. I've been more so playing mindless smaller games with no super big goal. I just downloaded downloaded Fall Guys as an example and that's kinda fun. I'm really bad at it but it's really a simple concept. xD

I've just not really been in the mood for any games. Fall Guys looks so fun, but it would be way too overstimulating with my current brain.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    247 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by hearts View Post
    Did you beat it? I stopped playing about a month ago after playing it heavily for a straight month.

It was really fun up until that point though. Did you like it?
    I finished it completely except for the new missions that came in the last update

I have a ton of shinies! I keep getting them in the overworld

The last mission for Arceus is VERY VERY interesting and fun! KEEP PLAYING!!!!

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

Autobot (08-25-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 10h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    I beat the main story boss, but I still haven't gotten around to catching all the pokemon in the region :') I haven't played in a while but I was having more fun with outbreaks and finding shinies than filling the pokedex. Played it SUPER heavy during the story and and kinda got over-levelled because picking mushrooms and fighting alphas is better than saving the world, so I kinda breezed through a lot of fights that I think were meant to be challenging...

- IMO the game is fun play-wise from start to finish, but once you're done with it all + most of the post-story quests it kinda loses its luster unless you're a 100% end game type person, but even that could get tedious... but that's kind of how a lot of games are, really?

- I played blind with the expectation that "boss" battles would be more similar to the main games but they put your ass in that arena and said "good luck"???? I mean this in a good way, like I genuinely wasn't expecting running from a bug with axes for hands, it had me on my feet and trying to figure out how to react for a minute, that's when I was like "oh this is gonna be good"

- Plot-wise is was... whatever. It kind of reminded of the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, considering how ungrateful the villagers are -_-

- Breeding not being a feature is understandable but kinda disappointing? Humans aren't close to pokemon yet so it made sense, at least.

It's exciting to see that open world/wild area stuff will be in the new games though! hopefully they keep the way moves are forgotten/relearned in PLA in later games; it's much more convenient than having to go talk to an NPC for it.
    Last edited by Autobot; 08-25-2022 at 03:58 PM. Reason: clarified some stuff