DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I can't believe they've done this to us either. NL had a massive free update years after its release, but it seems like something really wrong happened here. I hate assuming malicious intentions every time I buy a game that doesn't meet my expectations but I just want to know why. We paid $20 over NL's price and then had to buy the expansion if we wanted a reason to come back a year later when New Leaf players kept on for almost a decade.
    Last edited by Raposa; 08-31-2022 at 06:57 PM. Reason: fixed

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raposa For This Useful Post:

chii3d (08-31-2022),hearts (08-31-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    8d 16h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    It's so sad that they've made this choice. My only hope is that somehow they plan to release a new one fairly soon or something because there's still SO MUCH missing from this game that was in previous games. Like... wtf. They could've kept up paid dlc for awhile without much pushback not that I support that choice but it just seems like so much was left on the table here. Why?? This game made SO MUCH money. Why just stop???

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

hearts (08-31-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    The DLC where we got to make a school, hospital, cafe, etc on a foreign island, should have been stuff we could add to our own island. I guess that would make people who don't have the DLC visiting us complicated? But still. Why do I care to build up these 30 interiors and buildings on an island that I havr no attachment to and will never visit again? Oh. To unlock the feature that lets us change the houses of villagers on our OWN island. The one we care about.

I could go on. I am bitter lol.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (08-31-2022),Raposa (08-31-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    8d 16h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by hearts View Post
    The DLC where we got to make a school, hospital, cafe, etc on a foreign island, should have been stuff we could add to our own island. I guess that would make people who don't have the DLC visiting us complicated? But still. Why do I care to build up these 30 interiors and buildings on an island that I havr no attachment to and will never visit again? Oh. To unlock the feature that lets us change the houses of villagers on our OWN island. The one we care about.

I could go on. I am bitter lol.
    AGREE
    That's why my only hope is that maybe they learned a lot from making this game and decided rather than spend the resources on messing around trying to make this one make sense they decided to just move on to a new one? Idk I'm sad but forever hopeful. It had been so gd long since we got an Animal Crossing game and they were just learning to build for Switch technology so they didn't have any assets to reuse. Bleh. I really feel like the crafting and farming stuff had SO MUCH room to grow. SIGH.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

hearts (08-31-2022),Raposa (08-31-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    AGREE
    That's why my only hope is that maybe they learned a lot from making this game and decided rather than spend the resources on messing around trying to make this one make sense they decided to just move on to a new one? Idk I'm sad but forever hopeful. It had been so gd long since we got an Animal Crossing game and they were just learning to build for Switch technology so they didn't have any assets to reuse. Bleh. I really feel like the crafting and farming stuff had SO MUCH room to grow. SIGH.
    Right! Reflecting on literally how underwhelming it was when cooking was first introduced. We were so hyped and then it was just like, "oh... okay. kewl."

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (08-31-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    8d 16h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by hearts View Post
    Right! Reflecting on literally how underwhelming it was when cooking was first introduced. We were so hyped and then it was just like, "oh... okay. kewl."
    EXACTLY! That's part of why I can't shake the feeling that the whole game was kind of a dress rehearsal. So many great ideas that weren't totally fleshed out, so many things that existed in other games that just didn't in this one.... a girl can dream I guess

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I really didn't like the Happy Home Designer as a standalone game on the 3DS and was less-than pleased to see that be the "expansion" for the game. Would have liked to see new dialogs, possibly room for more villagers, more items added. I beat the expansion by just plopping down whatever crap items the animals wanted and leaving.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Raposa (08-31-2022)

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links) oh my God yeah, it brought back some not so great memories. I pre-loaded it with my first paycheck ever because I wanted to reward myself and I never met an Animal Crossing game I didn't like. Plus there was a special home menu theme you could get.

I played for a while, and I had fun until I realized that within an hour or two of play that decorating was all there was. I'd pretty much had the whole experience in the first few hours. I was gutted.

Then I see an announcement for a paid DLC for New Horizons! My stepdad immediately bought it for me and upon opening the game and seeing what it was about... I just said quietly to myself, "oh no."

Note to self: research the game you want, spoilers be damned.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Raposa For This Useful Post:

chii3d (08-31-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) oh my God yeah, it brought back some not so great memories. I pre-loaded it with my first paycheck ever because I wanted to reward myself and I never met an Animal Crossing game I didn't like. Plus there was a special home menu theme you could get.

I played for a while, and I had fun until I realized that within an hour or two of play that decorating was all there was. I'd pretty much had the whole experience in the first few hours. I was gutted.

Then I see an announcement for a paid DLC for New Horizons! My stepdad immediately bought it for me and upon opening the game and seeing what it was about... I just said quietly to myself, "oh no."

Note to self: research the game you want, spoilers be damned.
    Pretty much my exact experience, except I was gifted the game along with the special themed 3ds. Like, that was a big gift. My partner was like "yay you love animal crossing! I can't wait to watch you play it!" just so excited to have gotten me this. So like I am playing it and then realizing... that's it. You just decorate the houses. And it doesn't even matter how long you take decorating, you're getting the same score as if you had just thrown in the 3 items they wanted and called it a day.

Gutted is definitely the right descriptor. :|

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Raposa (08-31-2022)