Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Another fault I have of ACNH vs ACPC and ACNL is the items weren't as ~cute~
    You can tell their items were more geared toward neutral and normal aesthetic. Items that would be great to replicate real life stuff. The beauty of Animal Crossing, to me, was that it was like a cute fantasy world. Now there were some cute items, don't get me wrong, but that seems like the reason why EVERYONE did cottagecore for their island aesthetic. The majority of the items catered to it. My rainbow island was a struggle.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by hearts View Post
    Another fault I have of ACNH vs ACPC and ACNL is the items weren't as ~cute~
    You can tell their items were more geared toward neutral and normal aesthetic. Items that would be great to replicate real life stuff. The beauty of Animal Crossing, to me, was that it was like a cute fantasy world. Now there were some cute items, don't get me wrong, but that seems like the reason why EVERYONE did cottagecore for their island aesthetic. The majority of the items catered to it. My rainbow island was a struggle.
    Cottagecore is cute but I was never crazy over it or wanting to set my island up like this. I miss my mermaid set and sweets set. I stopped playing pocket camp after spending... more than a bit... of cash on those gatcha sets but damn were those cute.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I definitely also slowed down a lot. The game definitely became the phenomenon that it was because of the timing with the lockdowns, so it's not surprising to me that gameplay as whole has slowed 2.5-ish years on.

I know for me something I just never really was able to make it past was designing exteriors. I really wish it had been possible to do that with the interface you can do with your house that's more top-down?
    2.5 years!?!? Time is literally flying and I am feeling ancient x_x

Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    Honestly, this was the first AC game I had ever played, and I wasn't exactly sure I was going to love it. That didn't last long though because I think I have over 500 hours into the game at the moment? Might be wrong, but it's close. I'll go through phases every now and then.

Who knows, in the coming years, they might decide to make another one, and then everybody will be like. Oh remember ACNH?
    It was a lot of peoples first animal crossing! I'm sure they will make another one (and maybe fix some flaws?) after the success of this one. If they don't I will be big sad.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

kittyray (08-22-2022),Teakwood (08-22-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by chii3d View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) YUSSSS perfect I'm so glad you got it here!!! I would have paid for some microtransactions personally. I paid for the happy home expansion, even though I didn't care for the 3DS version and it is literally just that.

@(you need an account to see links) yes I wish they kept putting more updates frequently also. I think it is why a lot of people stopped playing.

@(you need an account to see links) The last time they said it was the last update (last November) it was indeed true. This is the absolute last item that got added with that patch, it's just coming out now because its the tomato festival now. I wish there was another coming out, but I doubt it until we get a new nintendo console
    Ugh I hope it wont go that long. Isn't the Switch relatively newer? Praying to the gaming lords they keep the Switch relevant for at least another 5 years lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    Ugh I hope it wont go that long. Isn't the Switch relatively newer? Praying to the gaming lords they keep the Switch relevant for at least another 5 years lol
    The switch is over 5 years old. Honestly I'd like them to just keep it and maybe make some faster version of the console with more processing power. Some of my island lags very badly. I love the portability of the system and large screen. It's literally exactly what I like in a gaming system so I'm going to need them to keep that shit relevant.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (08-22-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    It was disappointing when the news came out that ACNH has reached the last of its updates. It was my first AC games, besides the mobile one, and I got really into it for a while but then the repetition just got to me. Not repetition in the gameplay, but in the dialogue and character personalities. It killed a lot of the charm for me when I realized villagers are mostly just reskins of the others of their personality type and their dialogue pools were so shallow. That never getting updated bummed me out more than the lack of item variety.

I've been playing Hades for the past few weeks and ACNH's been on my mind making me appreciate how amazing Hades is with its 21k lines of unique dialogue.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

dustyc (08-23-2022)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    155d 3h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I was late to the ACNH game so I do still play pretty regularly. I'm still trying to finish my critterpedia so we will see how much I play after that is done. I do recall that after the DLC with vacations they did mention that there wouldn't be any more updates/expansions. I find it quite sad as I enjoy the game. It's a peaceful escape!

It would be nice if they are slowing down to release a new game. But who knows! Likely once I'm done all my goals then it will just be the mini me playing and they can wreck havoc on the island lol.

Thanks for the update I'll have to make sure I grab the shirt.

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Well I've never played AC (and I'm here in overdrive thinking what ACNH means lol) but that looks cute!! I have no idea they stopped releasing updates.

Did you buy backgrounds or sth like that? I read about micro ourchases being a good idea, was the game expensive?

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    It was disappointing when the news came out that ACNH has reached the last of its updates. It was my first AC games, besides the mobile one, and I got really into it for a while but then the repetition just got to me. Not repetition in the gameplay, but in the dialogue and character personalities. It killed a lot of the charm for me when I realized villagers are mostly just reskins of the others of their personality type and their dialogue pools were so shallow. That never getting updated bummed me out more than the lack of item variety.

I've been playing Hades for the past few weeks and ACNH's been on my mind making me appreciate how amazing Hades is with its 21k lines of unique dialogue.
    I try not to think about that too much. Like my Dom is my Dom and he's totally unique and not like anyone else's and not like any other jock villagers. Yeah, they could have easily added more phrases for them. They used to get into little fights and stuff between villagers in previous games, they kind of made that a lot more bland over the years. 21k lines seems like quite a bit, I doubt AC has anywhere near that.

Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    I was late to the ACNH game so I do still play pretty regularly. I'm still trying to finish my critterpedia so we will see how much I play after that is done. I do recall that after the DLC with vacations they did mention that there wouldn't be any more updates/expansions. I find it quite sad as I enjoy the game. It's a peaceful escape!

It would be nice if they are slowing down to release a new game. But who knows! Likely once I'm done all my goals then it will just be the mini me playing and they can wreck havoc on the island lol.

Thanks for the update I'll have to make sure I grab the shirt.
    I am still missing a few in my critterpedia as well! Some of the more rare fish you need baits for I quickly lose patience so still don't have them. But at least we can dress as a tomato, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Well I've never played AC (and I'm here in overdrive thinking what ACNH means lol) but that looks cute!! I have no idea they stopped releasing updates.

Did you buy backgrounds or sth like that? I read about micro ourchases being a good idea, was the game expensive?
    lol! ACNH is Animal Crossing New Horizons I'm sorry I should have wrote it out. The are no microtransactions in the game at all. There is a home designing expansion that is about $20 or so and it comes with the whole thing included. The game itself was just a stand $60 switch game but its older now so probably sells for less.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (08-23-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by chii3d View Post
    I try not to think about that too much. Like my Dom is my Dom and he's totally unique and not like anyone else's and not like any other jock villagers. Yeah, they could have easily added more phrases for them. They used to get into little fights and stuff between villagers in previous games, they kind of made that a lot more bland over the years. 21k lines seems like quite a bit, I doubt AC has anywhere near that.

I am still missing a few in my critterpedia as well! Some of the more rare fish you need baits for I quickly lose patience so still don't have them. But at least we can dress as a tomato, I guess.

lol! ACNH is Animal Crossing New Horizons I'm sorry I should have wrote it out. The are no microtransactions in the game at all. There is a home designing expansion that is about $20 or so and it comes with the whole thing included. The game itself was just a stand $60 switch game but its older now so probably sells for less.
    Ohh thanks for the explanation and don't worry, it was just me being a bit confused.

I see so $20 was like the average

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Yeah it not too bad! I would highly recommend the game if you like neopets style things. It has cute pets, item collection, and crafting! It’s definitely really casual though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (08-24-2022)