Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you remember your favorite story book as a child?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    94d 15h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Wow this is a great topic. I have a few.

Pell's New Suit
    Paddle to the Sea

And an anthology that I am desperate to find. Because I remembered a few titles from the book I have found the information.
    The Happy Hour Storybook
    Compiled by Carol M Lane

One of the stories in the book is "Judy's Joke". So funny that I do not remember that one as it is my name.

So these three books comprise my earliest memories of books that my parents would read to me. You can still purchase Paddle to the Sea. I am going to research that anthology. I think I found it on ebay once for hundreds of dollars. I do not think my memories are quit worth that much mooola

Cashew
    Hatched: 11-14-2020

Thank you (you need an account to see links) for the adoptables!

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    There are two I clearly remember now (but not the titles, I was very young and terrible memory). One was about Dolphins, the books were sold at a festival like a little suitcase, I also had the Winnie Pooh set.

The other one I couldn't find the image but it's close to this. 365 stories, one for every day, gawd if I loved that book!! Probably still at my old house. It was a gift actually, so the memory has sentimental value.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    hundreds of dollars is a huge amount to spend on nostalgia! it would be neat to just stumble on it at a secondhand shop one day.

A lot of great things have already been said here: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, Velveteen Rabbit, Amelia Bedelia, that Stinky Cheese Man book I BEGGED my mom for at the book fair.

I have a few favorites. I'll include some pictures.

For some reason in 3rd grade I found this dumb book about cows and loved it called Calico Cows.

In Kindergarten and 1st grade I loved the Clifford books, especially when he was a puppy.

And lastly, every single Goosebumps book. They had the bumpy, slime covers. My friends and I used to trade off on reading the ones we owned. The choose your own adventure ones were also awesome. When we got older, we started reading Fear Street. I remember getting this exact book and the cover was so scary but I loved it.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    94d 15h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by chii3d View Post
    hundreds of dollars is a huge amount to spend on nostalgia! it would be neat to just stumble on it at a secondhand shop one day.

A lot of great things have already been said here: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, Velveteen Rabbit, Amelia Bedelia, that Stinky Cheese Man book I BEGGED my mom for at the book fair.

I have a few favorites. I'll include some pictures.

For some reason in 3rd grade I found this dumb book about cows and loved it called Calico Cows.

In Kindergarten and 1st grade I loved the Clifford books, especially when he was a puppy.

And lastly, every single Goosebumps book. They had the bumpy, slime covers. My friends and I used to trade off on reading the ones we owned. The choose your own adventure ones were also awesome. When we got older, we started reading Fear Street. I remember getting this exact book and the cover was so scary but I loved it.
    They look like great books that you could read yourself. I went much further back to my earliest memories. I just spend an hour or so trying to find the books online somewhere. So far no such luck. Oh..............I should check ebay. They are usually a good source. Forgot about that......Of to continue the hunt.

Cashew
    Hatched: 11-14-2020

Thank you (you need an account to see links) for the adoptables!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Peanutface For This Useful Post:

chii3d (08-28-2022)