Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Security Questions upon Sign Up!

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    So strange that this was supposedly added in close to two years ago but only taking effect now. I'm not complaining by any means, additional security is always a good thing and I'm grateful they seem to really be pushing through with it, but... why did it take this long for a feature they said was already "done"?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 6h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    I'm really glad to see this and hope it gets rolled out to currently existing accounts soon. People ticketing active accounts that aren't theirs to hijack them are *~*scum*~* and anything that helps deter that bullshit is a measure I strongly support. Hopefully the rollout is handled more competently than the password ambush though.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Raposa (08-12-2022)

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Dang, that's been a thing for almost two years? I definitely didn't hear anything about it.

Hopefully they do finally roll it out to existing accounts but at this point I don't even trust them. A third breach is not unlikely at all IMO and people will just scoop those answers up, maybe even stuffing them into recovery fields for other sites too (if you're using the same answers, so don't do that).

Basically, I can't trust TNT not to somehow screw us over in some spectacular new fashion every time they try something new. I hope this is taken further and actually helps, for the good of the greater Neopets community and our collective sanity. I'm glad they're at least doing it on the new accounts. Just wish we had access to this recovery option before everything went upside down.
    Last edited by Raposa; 08-12-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    84d 4h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Yes this has already been implemented for a while ago, I remember TNT asking for this when creating some new accounts. Not like there was pretty useful anyway lol

But hopefully we'll get some improvements.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 10h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    i never even knew this existed what. why the hell would they not already have this in effect for existing users? for two years??
    this is something that would also make things easier on their end too; just the number of tickets that could be quickly resolved with innocuous questions rather than asking for your literal ID?

why would you NOT prioritize a feature like this

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Autobot For This Useful Post:

Raposa (08-12-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    16d 7h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    P.S

They don't ask for these questions if your new account is frozen. I don't know why they bothered.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dream Weaver For This Useful Post:

Fiore (08-14-2022),Ghast (08-12-2022),Orbit (08-12-2022),Raposa (08-12-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 6h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Happy to see their are finally implementing it! really hope now they are able to cover all accounts too, definetly a feature that would make us all feel safer, just hope they implement it in a way that doesnt affect users in a bad way, but considering last forced reset i still see many users werent able to get back their access x.x even though it's late i hope they are able to fix current login access issues while implementing this at the same time

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    53d 3h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    So strange that this was supposedly added in close to two years ago but only taking effect now. I'm not complaining by any means, additional security is always a good thing and I'm grateful they seem to really be pushing through with it, but... why did it take this long for a feature they said was already "done"?
    I had made a new side sometime last year and I was asked - that is how I knew it has been a feature! I think maybe people are just now noticing it? Or perhaps it only works sometimes, it would not surprise me.

userbar by lyrichord and drawings by wooloo, hollow, honeycomb, & sugarbee, respectively
    thank you all!
    happy happy SUMMER

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghast View Post
    I had made a new side sometime last year and I was asked - that is how I knew it has been a feature! I think maybe people are just now noticing it? Or perhaps it only works sometimes, it would not surprise me.
    It definitely only works sometimes. A few friends of mine made shells in the last few months and none of them were prompted for secret questions/answers.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

Aero (08-14-2022),Doge (08-14-2022),Fiore (08-14-2022),Ghast (08-12-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    189 times
    Time Online
    85d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Dang, that's been a thing for almost two years? I definitely didn't hear anything about it.

Hopefully they do finally roll it out to existing accounts but at this point I don't even trust them. A third breach is not unlikely at all IMO and people will just scoop those answers up, maybe even stuffing them into recovery fields for other sites too (if you're using the same answers, so don't do that).

Basically, I can't trust TNT not to somehow screw us over in some spectacular new fashion every time they try something new. I hope this is taken further and actually helps, for the good of the greater Neopets community and our collective sanity. I'm glad they're at least doing it on the new accounts. Just wish we had access to this recovery option before everything went upside down.
    Yeah I'm with you. Even though I think this is a good idea (though it apparently only works sometimes for new accounts only??? - from the comment above me), what's not to say this wouldn't just be breached at the same time our passwords, dob, emails are like they have been the first, second, and third times already. With that said, I still wish they'd roll this feature out to our actual accounts, but if anything, I just want 2FA.