Mentioned
    430 times
    Time Online
    244d 23h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 51m

Post [Guide] How to get a new username / 'name' transfer your main

Hi there!👋

So I have noticed many people being unaware that support allows these types of account transfers and moves. If you are looking for a new username, wanting to switch mains, or simply curious about very young accounts with old trophies, this guide might be for you. I hope to provide some insight that can offer guidance and help to anyone seeking a new username. I would recommend anyone considering moving mains to try this first before creating a new account and potentially losing all avatars and trophies.

What's a username transfer, Zenitsu?

So basically, TNT is willing to offer players a new username under certain conditions. If you signed up with these conditions, you are most likely to obtain a new username. They will transfer most of your belongings, including NP, NC, pets, and trophies, to a newly created account by you.

Here is a brief overview of the important properties they can move for you and those they cannot or will not move due to technical or unknown reasons.

These can be moved:

- All NP
    - All NP Items
    - All NC Items
    - All Pets
    - All Avatars
    - Site Event Trophies
    - Game Trophies
    - Stock Market Portfolio
    - Plot Points
    - Gallery Size/Items
    - Shop Size/Items
    - Neoboard Pens (They will give you new NB pens for your fonts amounting to however many you have stored).
    - Pet Coding

These won't be moved or changed:

- Account Age (They won't artificially age your new account's age. It will stay a day-one newbie account)
    - Old Battledome Stats displayed on your lookup
    - Key Quest Tokens displayed on your lookup + Collection (This might change).
    - Defender of Neopia Trophies
    - 'Games Played' displayed on your lookup
    - Premium
    - Pet Slots
    - NC (You would want to spend those first since they will only move NC items).
    - Fishing Level
    - Space Faerie Scratchcards
    - Battledome Challengers
    - Talisman Beads
    - Shop Till NP (might glitch out and disappear).

What are the conditions to get a new username, Zenitsu?

These are the main 4 conditions we can work with.
    (There are some other exceptions, but let's focus on these).

#1 - Your username is your actual full name.

Example: "FirstnameLastname"

Your username should look something like this:

FirstnameLastname
    FirstnameLastnamelikespokemon
    FirstnameLastname74533
    22123FirstnameLastname
    for this to work.

FirstnameCutepieLastname
    won't work.

It has to be the full actual name. You can't just have parts of your real name in your username.

They are very strict when it comes to this condition, so keep in mind that it does have to be your full name.
    They don't ask for confirmation and usually just believe in your honesty. If your full name doesn't seem plausible, Alice will either deny your request or ask further.
    You could technically lie and make up a real name out of a current username and try to work with it as best as possible.

I do not encourage anybody to lie, but as long as it seems believable, you will be fine.

Probability: You will most likely be approved.

#2 - Your username includes your deadname.

If your old username has parts of your deadname due to transitioning or other personal reasons, you can ask for an account transfer. Your deadname doesn't have to be your full username.

Example: "Deadname"

Your username should look something like this:
    Deadnamelovesneo24
    CuteDeadname343
    61DeadnameKitty
    for this to work.

If your old username just contains words that make you feel uncomfortable due to your transition (girl, boy, men, women, babe, girly, etc.), you can request a name transfer for that valid reason alone.

Probability: You will most likely be approved for just having these words in your username.

It has to be your own dead name. It can't be the name of someone else or a pet name. Probability: Your request is very likely to be denied. (These used to work, so please let me know if this changes again).

#3 - You have been harrassed.

Support provides help for those getting harassed. This includes bullying, board harassment, and the leakage of sensitive information regarding your account. You can share screenshots with Alice if you have actual proof of being harassed or worse. (Board, Neomail, Offsite will do).

#4 - Your username contains inappropriate words.

Pretty self-exploratory. Your username contains offensive, drug-related, racist, or sexually explicit language. (Neopets deemed words might not work, but I encourage you to try).

Extra Condition

#5 - Your account has been breached.

I personally didn't have any luck with this reasoning alone, but it is possible to be approved by just letting her know that you feel very unsafe about the current state of Neo and would like to move accounts.

"I know my info is in the data breach."

Probability: Deserving of an attempt.

Now we know the basics! It's time to contact support.

Please head over here to submit a ticket: (you need an account to see links)

Click on: "CREATE A TICKET"

Please go ahead and put "Alice W." as the subject.

The other staff supporters will not offer this service. They usually tell you it's not possible, which is incorrect. So, avoiding Lilith, Susan, Rico, Tony, Lucime, or any other person, and going straight to Alice is key. Alice is our friend!

Please describe the reason for your account transfer as best as possible and fill out the rest of your ticket to the best of your ability.

If she approves your name transfer, she will tell you to go ahead and create a new account with the same current email and the same birthday as your old account. Feel free to do that. Send her the new username and give her 1-2 days to move everything. The closet might be a little buggy, so she will usually tell you to clear it out before moving. Therefore, feel free to do that in advance.

It's also important to make sure you open a bank account for the new account; otherwise, your money will have nowhere to go.

Pros:

This is extremely important for people who no longer have access to the original email address used to create their account. The newly created account doesn't have to be created with the original email; it has to be created with the CURRENT one, which you can change at any time before submitting your ticket. This will give you the opportunity to secure your account and make it safer. Essentially, you will have your OG back again.

As long as there have been no recent breaches or individuals with live access to the Neo database, it is highly unlikely that your information will be available to the public. This makes your account relatively safer, especially considering its young age.

You can adopt a new persona, and it is unlikely that people will question your account or the legitimacy of your pets due to the presence of old trophies and avatars. At this stage, you could be anyone.

A new username can bring fun and a refreshing change!

If you are currently permanently silenced on your old main account, the same penalty won't apply to your new one.

Additionally, your pet trading chains will remain unaffected!

Secret Tip

You can move glitch petnames more than once. (Pets with spaces or special characters in their name).

Cons:

Accounts that were previously frozen for scamming or cheating and have been reinstated will not have the ability to transfer their accounts to a new username. In such cases, Alice will only offer to transfer the pets, excluding trophies or avatars, which does not align with our interests. We are capable of handling the pet transfer ourselves. We want to move everything! ❗❗❗ NEW: Apparently, if you wait long enough, your old logs and notes end up being deleted, so you have a chance at moving an account that has been frozen before! ❗❗❗

You will lose the age of your account, which can put you at a significant disadvantage in certain dailies such as Food Club (they do not artificially age transferred accounts).

Not every username will be suitable or work for the transfer process.

Each account has its own NC (Neocash) history, which means you will lose your previous transaction history and associated transaction IDs. The new account will be clean and won't retain any of the transferred information.

You will lose Pet Slots, access to the Lab Ray, and other Treasure Maps. However, Alice can help re-add some of these features to your new account if you inform her.

Unfortunately, you cannot transfer your premium subscription. You will need to cancel it on the old account and re-open it on the new one.

Additional Tips:

Remember to be kind and polite! Customer support may not be perfect, but they can be helpful if they want to. If Alice doesn't grant your request on the first try, but you have a valid reason, don't give up. Try multiple times, spacing out your ticket submissions. It's best to wait a week or two between each attempt.

When communicating, keep your messages concise and straightforward. Avoid writing lengthy texts.

Make sure to update your display name on your Neopets lookup and include your name at the top of your support ticket.

Once everything is sorted, don't forget to express gratitude and thank Alice for her assistance.

If all goes well, your old main account will usually be frozen due to having an inappropriate name.

Please attempt this for your own account/s ONLY. No Shenanigans, please. Thank you!

If any conditions change in the future or if there is anything I'm not aware of, please inform me. I'm quite confident that you can obtain that sweet new username as long as it meets the requirements.

Good luck~

- Zen

solely based on my own personal knowledge!

Thank you $(you need an account to see links), $(you need an account to see links) & $(you need an account to see links) for additional info.

Last edited by Zenitsu; 05-20-2023 at 07:52 AM.
    Slowpoke! 💧🌊💙ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤBrittany Buizel GangㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤK-Pop Idol Icy 🧊 ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤAri 🌸ㅤㅤ Bat Fanclub *squeak* 🦇
    💻💊😎 Join the Nyanomatrix. ㅤㅤDuke & Ditah 🐕 Clefairy ⚡ 😭 Wooloo 🐑 Howdy 🤠🐦

2. The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to Zenitsu For This Useful Post:

Binah (08-03-2022),birdies (08-04-2022),♥ bottledwater ♥ (08-03-2022),Buizel (08-07-2022),♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-18-2023),Cherubi (08-07-2022),Clefairy (08-04-2022),♥ Crowley ♥ (08-04-2022),DarkSkies (08-04-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (08-03-2022),DrSloth (08-11-2022),dulcet (08-30-2022),Ember (08-03-2022),EnderTheory (08-04-2022),Fiore (07-28-2023),galaxystar (09-19-2022),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (08-04-2022),♥ Harvest Goddess ♥ (08-07-2022),hearts (08-03-2022),♥ honeycomb ♥ (08-03-2022),Houndoom (08-03-2022),ilovedogs (08-03-2022),infestedvirus (01-11-2024),♥ Juna ♥ (08-03-2022),Ked (03-25-2023),kittyray (08-03-2022),Mario2302 (08-07-2022),Menine (08-03-2022),Mothman (06-15-2023),Orbit (08-03-2022),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (08-07-2022),quintessencce (08-04-2022),Sakuras (12-24-2022),sallys (04-10-2023),sanrio (08-04-2022),Sephora (08-04-2022),Slowpoke (08-03-2022),Synth Salazzle (08-04-2022),Targaryen (08-04-2022),TsUNaMy WaVe (08-07-2022),Uma (04-27-2023),Unown (08-06-2022),Zapdos (08-11-2022),ZeroTwo (08-05-2022),Zorua (01-07-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    This is explained perfectly! Thank you for this.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

galaxystar (10-25-2022),Zenitsu (08-03-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 42m
    Thank you for the guide! I've had success with #1 for sure, which is definitely the easiest way to do it!

My attempt with #5 (Your account has been breached) failed. I had just gotten the account back, was very upset with Alice and asked for a username change cause obviously someone knew the og email and more info readily found in the dump, and she refused to give me a un change. She kept saying to use a secure email/password, which is dumb cause I had done that before and it didn't matter.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

galaxystar (10-25-2022),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (08-04-2022),Zenitsu (08-03-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zenitsu again.

Booooo I wanted to rep you. This guide is fantastic, very well thought out, and explained fully c: Thank you for this Zen! I'm sure it will help a lot of people.

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dita For This Useful Post:

galaxystar (10-25-2022),Zenitsu (08-03-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him 🧍
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    430 times
    Time Online
    244d 23h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 51m
    Thank you for sharing, Houndoom!! I'm glad that you got one! That's awesome, friend.

I agree. #5 is probably the hardest to get approved for. Support is way too inconsistent. :/ My friend got it and I never did, so I'm not sure how lucky you have to be. I also imagine that lots of people are trying that route right now and sending in lots of tickets because of the breach. I don't think they would approve all these people for that reason alone...

Edit:

Thank you so much, Dita! 🥺 I appreciate the feedback! I hope it does! I keep seeing this topic pop up A LOT
    Last edited by Zenitsu; 08-03-2022 at 05:17 PM.
    Slowpoke! 💧🌊💙ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤBrittany Buizel GangㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤK-Pop Idol Icy 🧊 ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤAri 🌸ㅤㅤ Bat Fanclub *squeak* 🦇

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zenitsu For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (08-03-2022),galaxystar (10-25-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    37d 17h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Thank you for the guide! I've been wanting to move accounts for a while now bc the one I have now, I bought many years ago, and I'm scared of the OG owner coming back and undoing all the progress I made. (I know this is a risk in itself already.)
    However, I recently got my old main unfrozen, and now have 6 accounts. Do you think they would allow to switch everything to my old main? (It wasn't frozen for cheating/scamming.) And close out my current main, since its over the account limit? And do they ask for original email, etc? Neither birthdays on the accounts are my actual one, and when my old main was unfrozen, I told her I didn't know the birthday, and she just gave it to me.
    Last edited by Juna; 08-03-2022 at 11:45 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Juna For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (08-04-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by tatiplz View Post
    Thank you for the guide! I've been wanting to move accounts for a while now bc the one I have now, I bought many years ago, and I'm scared of the OG owner coming back and undoing all the progress I made. (I know this is a risk in itself already.)
    However, I recently got my old main unfrozen, and now have 6 accounts. Do you think they would allow to switch everything to my old main? (It wasn't frozen for cheating/scamming.) And close out my current main, since its over the account limit? And do they ask for original email, etc? Neither birthdays on the accounts are my actual one, and when my old main was unfrozen, I told her I didn't know the birthday, and she just gave it to me.
    I don't think they will ever merge accounts for you, it's only a transferral of old to a brand new one. (Of course would be very interested to hear if someone has proof otherwise!) You will have to most likely manually consolidate all your items/NC/pets etc. into one account and disable the extra. (Naturally this means you will be abandoning avatars/trophies from one of them) Once you have a singular "main" account, if you still wish to migrate that and can get TNT to agree to do it, you will still lose the account age but at least retain the accolades and they will move all your pets/items/NC/NP to the brand new account.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (08-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    37d 17h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I don't think they will ever merge accounts for you, it's only a transferral of old to a brand new one. (Of course would be very interested to hear if someone has proof otherwise!) You will have to most likely manually consolidate all your items/NC/pets etc. into one account and disable the extra. (Naturally this means you will be abandoning avatars/trophies from one of them) Once you have a singular "main" account, if you still wish to migrate that and can get TNT to agree to do it, you will still lose the account age but at least retain the accolades and they will move all your pets/items/NC/NP to the brand new account.
    Oof, I thought so. I just didn't want to lose the food club ages on either account.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Juna For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (08-04-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Thanks for the guide, very informative I had never thought about what happen to NC and premium when switching a main.

The most painful to me is losing the age for Food Club. I still hope someday in future maybeee they get to fix the age part.

One can dream.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (08-04-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him 🧍
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    430 times
    Time Online
    244d 23h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 51m
    @(you need an account to see links)

They don't specifically ask for your original mail, but in the ticket section itself there is a blank space to fill out your original mail. You could leave that out and hope they won't ask or fill it out with a random one. You really don't need the original anyway. Just the current one.

Also merging doesn't work right now, and I don't think it will ever be possible.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zenitsu For This Useful Post:

♥ Juna ♥ (08-04-2022)