Thread: The Value of Instagram, Facebook (social Media) for a business.

Threaded View

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 14h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    Ok from most of you I gather that buying followers won't work so scratch that
    @(you need an account to see links) I am a pretty established photographer. I have a studio and have been a photographer for 14 years. 12 years running my own business. The problem is that i am booking more birthday parties 40+ and toddler shoots than weddings. I am struggling to connect with the 13-30 year old that is going to balls and getting married. Even the weddings I do book seem to be older couples. I have a great website. I actually studied graphic design and advertising. I finished my diploma cum laude but Instagram was only created after I graduated.

I also dont think content creating is the problem. I already had one reel go viral. Although i think it was beginners luck. I only have 6 reels. The conversion to followers just did not happen.
    Part of the reason why I said what I said was because you had said you don't even make $200 per day right now. If you're already well established, great. Spend more time and up your game on social media as suggested by @(you need an account to see links), and be sure to be conscious of your tone in your writing and how you come across.

Also, the "younger" generation is not "13-30". People under 18 likely will not hire a professional photographer. I think you'd be looking more to appeal to the 20-40 group? Also, a lot of photographers I follow focus mostly on one major area: landscape, nature, wedding, etc. Yes you can do it all, but on social media it seems to be more "successful" showcasing a specific style that you are strong at and can make you stand out. If you look at popular photographers on Instagram, you'll see exactly what I mean by that. Good luck!
    Last edited by Cinnamoroll; 07-26-2022 at 09:48 PM.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

phantasia (07-27-2022)