5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiore View Post
    So it's been about a week already since Neo has been transparent with the issue. They haven't said anything in regards to fixing the problem. The only thing they've been posting lately (via Instagram) is BUY OUR NEW NC ITEMS AND PINS!

Guess we're still vulnerable. :/
    I mean. At the end of the day even if the entrance used to breech the site is found and patched, there will always be another, and another.

Neopets has not and never will be safe from this sort of thing. Always practice good password and email hygiene.

Thank you so much, (you need an account to see links)!
    RBY styled Vulpix Ryu bar made by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Fiore (07-28-2022),I_royalty_I (07-28-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    245 times
    Time Online
    27d 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    I had a little panic attack when I was trying to log in this morning my account said ''WRONG PASSWORD'' after I tried 3 times and then
    figured I missed one letter in my UN lol

Is the apocalypse over with the breach? Or are we still on the same page?

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi
    (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibba View Post
    I had a little panic attack when I was trying to log in this morning my account said ''WRONG PASSWORD'' after I tried 3 times and then
    figured I missed one letter in my UN lol

Is the apocalypse over with the breach? Or are we still on the same page?
    Guh, I had something similar except I was totally logged out of my account and realised that I was in fact, using my laptop and not my desktop to use Neo. I've actively avoided using Neo until the breach blows over, I have no idea what's happening beyond the post TNT made. but I'e been trying to keep up to date on JellyNeo.

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Kibba (07-28-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 18h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Jellyneo posted a Twitter statement from TNT. It reads to me like TNT thinks the breach is fixed, the investigation is still ongoing however. I checked out the offer and the seller updated the price to 3 BTC just three hours ago. Seems like they still have access, but TNT aren't able to detect it.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to esperal For This Useful Post:

Ice (08-02-2022),oventoast (08-02-2022),Sakuras (08-02-2022),Spiffy (08-02-2022),Zenitsu (08-03-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by esperal View Post
    Jellyneo posted a Twitter statement from TNT. It reads to me like TNT thinks the breach is fixed, the investigation is still ongoing however. I checked out the offer and the seller updated the price to 3 BTC just three hours ago. Seems like they still have access, but TNT aren't able to detect it.
    Well it could be TNT didn't find the backdoor or the seller just selling offline info/bragging?

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 18h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Well it could be TNT didn't find the backdoor or the seller just selling offline info/bragging?
    I think the former is more likely. I don't know much about hacking; I did some research on the forum the data is sold on and it's a successor of a rather prominent forum that was shut down by law enforcement earlier this year. The owner of the new forum seems to have been well known among the previous one and appears to be working on making the new forum just as prominent and important. I don't think they would risk their forum's reputation.

Additionally, there is someone on Reddit who apparently isn't neo_truths sharing the odds of some dailies and games the past few days that they got from the code. I don't know when TNT thinks they have patched the backdoor though. I think n_t said somewhere that the exploit the seller used isn't the same as the one they have used, so if there are multiple ways to gain access it's even more unlikely that the breach is fixed.

I'm wondering if this will be adressed by TNT. I'd at least expect the security firm they apparently hired to check out the forum and investigate why the seller might be updating the price for a breach that's supposedly patched.
    Last edited by esperal; 08-02-2022 at 09:52 AM. Reason: grammar