50/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 22h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Heartstopper appreciation thread

I didn't see a threat for Heartstopper yet, so I'm making one. It's on Netflix and has been renewed for at least a second season, possibly two if I remember correctly.

Anyway, wholesome AF. This is the queer high school romance I have been wanting to write in my head for like literally 15+ years, and someone came along and did it perfectly for me. <3

Also Olivia Colman's nonverbal acting was AMAZING. There's a reason she's such a well-respected actress.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    245 times
    Time Online
    27d 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Yup, two new seasons were ordered by netflix.

At first I didn't know why everyone were losing their heads over this show until I watched it like, a week later
    after it's release. It's such a beautiful story! for those new generations to come, having shows like this in mainstream
    platforms is great. I remember when I was younger I locked my door and watched LGBT shows on youtube or any site.

But now, even straight people (even our parents) are ok with seeing these kind of shows. Representation matters
    and even tho it's kind of a cheesy show, it was really well made and a beautiful love story. If I would have watched this
    when I was younger I would have cried my ass out :p

Great show, can't wait to see more

PS: Love, Victor is a REAAAALY good show as well! Must watch

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi
    (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (07-21-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Ohh I saw updates from the series creator a while ago when it was confirmed/in the works! I read a few of the webtoon volumes and it was a really sweet story. I am not severely behind but maybe will give the show adaptation a chance. I'm not great with liking real life adaptations after consuming the original content in visual/graphic novel format, but if it's getting good reviews/to support the creator I might give it a try.

Pronouns
    they/he
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 22h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Ohh I saw updates from the series creator a while ago when it was confirmed/in the works! I read a few of the webtoon volumes and it was a really sweet story. I am not severely behind but maybe will give the show adaptation a chance. I'm not great with liking real life adaptations after consuming the original content in visual/graphic novel format, but if it's getting good reviews/to support the creator I might give it a try.
    The author is also the screenwritier for the show, they wrote all the episodes. So it's definitely officially endorsed.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gayblayde For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (07-21-2022),Ice (07-20-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 6h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    This tv show is just amazing, I was reluctant watching it at first because I thought it would be too cheesy, then I saw the first animation added in the middle of the scene and was like: oh that's so over, definetly going to hate it (I'm not a fan of animations in general with a few exceptions). But as I kept watching it captivated me completely, I love that they approached everything in such tenderness, definitely excited for the next seasons.
    I recently learned it's inspired in a book series, definetly thinking about ordering and reading them all

Pronouns
    they/he
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 22h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSloth View Post
    This tv show is just amazing, I was reluctant watching it at first because I thought it would be too cheesy, then I saw the first animation added in the middle of the scene and was like: oh that's so over, definetly going to hate it (I'm not a fan of animations in general with a few exceptions). But as I kept watching it captivated me completely, I love that they approached everything in such tenderness, definitely excited for the next seasons.
    I recently learned it's inspired in a book series, definetly thinking about ordering and reading them all

I have not read the books, but FYI they are graphic novels, which may or may not be your jam.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I hope I am not too late but I just binged this with my partner yesterday. Super adorable and I'm glad they renewed it for a second season! I saw the visual novels at the mall an hour ago and they were so nicely made. They are printed with some pastel colors on every page, not just in black and white. I'm hoping I can maybe get them from the library because like cash issues and all.

Is two seasons enough? It seemed like there were maybe 4 books?

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!