DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I like to watch sitcoms I've seen many times at a low volume. As a child I had massive trouble sleeping and used to beg my parents to just let me sleep on the couch with the tv turned low. For my birthday one year, my dad installed a small tv with cable in my room and I am very accustomed to sleeping this way now as an adult. Put the sleep timer in 15-30m and I'm good to snoozeeee.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Houndoom (08-16-2022),Hulante (08-11-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulante View Post
    You just reminded me of the sleep timer the old CRT TV in my bedroom has. I should look for its remote and start using it again...
    Yep! It was exactly this! The old CRTs have such a charm to them as well-- I still have one in the guest bedroom and it makes that nice little humming sound. So soothing for sleep. I have a smart TV now (it's a Roku brand) and it still has the same sleep timer function, but you have to access it through the menu not on the remote. Luckily my partner could literally fall asleep with a parade going on outside so 30 minutes of tv doesn't bother them.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 1h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    So I've recently quit smoking which is great!! I'm super happy and proud of myself for quitting but ever since I've quit, I've developed insomnia and it's extremely frustrating. I'm up all night and haven't gotten much sleep. :/

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (08-16-2022),kittyray (08-16-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 7h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    My sleep has been really terrible lately. For months I've been waking up with bad nasal congestion and a cough I can't kick. In the past week I've started taking a melatonin horse pill, set up a HEPA purifier, and started taking these throat lozenges I found on Etsy and I am actually now sleeping through the night again. The melatonin isn't a long term solution but I'm hoping it will help me adjust to sleeping normally on my own again.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I listen to scary stories on YouTube. There are a lot of good channels where they have really long videos full of multiple scary stories and they're usually told by someone who has a really calm and relaxing voice, it puts me right to sleep.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by chii3d View Post
    I like to watch sitcoms I've seen many times at a low volume. As a child I had massive trouble sleeping and used to beg my parents to just let me sleep on the couch with the tv turned low. For my birthday one year, my dad installed a small tv with cable in my room and I am very accustomed to sleeping this way now as an adult. Put the sleep timer in 15-30m and I'm good to snoozeeee.
    I do this too! It was the Office for a long time before it got removed from Netflix ahaha. Now I usually do Schitt's Creek or one of the various reality competition shows they have.
    Funny enough, my partner ALSO does this so the 30 min after we get into bed is usually two different shows playing at very low volume in the same room. His choice is typically It's Always Sunny heh.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

chii3d (08-18-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Melatonin helps me *so* much with falling asleep and, don't quote me on this, but I don't think you build tolerance to it? That's what my Google home said when I just asked her, lmao. Anyway, other than that taking a deep inhale for like 8 seconds while counting, holding my breath and the top for a couple seconds, and then exhaling slowly helps. It's almost like I can feel my heart rate slow down.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (08-18-2022)