14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 7h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m

General Island Builders Discussion Thread

Since the last thread was locked (because the AC event is over), maybe we can use this thread for general purpose questions, discussion, & tips? If anyone else is still playing of course........... I'm on Level 10 so far and grinding to Level 11... so painful.

To start off, one thing I noticed is when doing the daily buddy rewards once you get the pearl reward the first time, if you tap on the same neopet again before leaving the screen/doing anything else, it'll give the pearls to you a second time.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Charmander (07-10-2022),cornishwall (07-10-2022),Kibba (07-20-2022),Lyrichord (07-10-2022),Meepit (07-12-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I've been trying to remember the plot for this game. Something about Lady Frostbite and a hidden treasure and some mysterious villain hidden on the island? I wonder how it will all tie in with Team Dacardia joining the AC next year, assuming it is one of the plots they have been planning and not simply a team from an unmapped part of Neopia suddenly joins the AC with nothing more than a blurb in the Daily News

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cornishwall For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-10-2022)

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    16d 15h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I'm still looking for any tips on grinding level quickly. It's so slow to build and place things....

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 7h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishwall View Post
    I've been trying to remember the plot for this game. Something about Lady Frostbite and a hidden treasure and some mysterious villain hidden on the island? I wonder how it will all tie in with Team Dacardia joining the AC next year, assuming it is one of the plots they have been planning and not simply a team from an unmapped part of Neopia suddenly joins the AC with nothing more than a blurb in the Daily News
    Yeah I'm in the middle of the plot now (maybe someone else can chime in with more spoilers):

I actually really enjoy the story elements and hope Dacardia gets roped into the world we have on Neopets.com. I finally understand why Charity Corner is about rebuilding Dacardia now lol I felt like I was missing that part of lore when I suddenly came back from hiatus in the middle of CC two years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rattata View Post
    I'm still looking for any tips on grinding level quickly. It's so slow to build and place things....
    It's definitely incredible painful. Try to build everything that's given to you as an option, then upgrade your buildings. I think upgrading + building (especially building) give you more town EXP than making island decorations. That said, I can't tell if upgrading the same building over and over gives more EXP? I think it does, but I'm just kind of eyeballing the meter when I do it. However, it gets really tiring trying to upgrade the expensive ones since that tariff goes up quickly.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

cornishwall (07-10-2022),♥ Rattata ♥ (07-10-2022)

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    16d 15h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I've only been upgrading the krabulator. How do you upgrade the other buildings?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 7h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    I've only been upgrading the krabulator. How do you upgrade the other buildings?
    Iirc originally the Crabulator is the only thing you can upgrade. If you chose to go to the Forest section next (with the eyrie elder), the second place you can upgrade is the Chair/Seat area. It should be in the same menu as upgrading the Crabulator. I use the crab icon in the bottom right usually.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    I'm still passively playing this after the AC event. I suspect like LoL or Ghoul Catchers there might be future tie ins or rewards that you just can't get unless you play. I check in every few days.

It's just so tedious, and not even in a rewarding way. Which is saying something since I'll grind out achievements (looking at you Clicker Heroes)

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hall For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-11-2022)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Once you progress to a certain level (I think?), the Krabulator will have blueprints for certain buildings you can upgrade. It helps a lot with gaining XP, and some of the later quests actually do force you to upgrade certain buildings like the... power gem? Yeah. Or the Hissi Waterfall.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-11-2022)

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    16d 15h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    ah well. looks like i'm at neither of those points right now, i've upgraded every building i can and i guess i just have to grind or give up (leaning towards the latter)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattata For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-11-2022)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-11-2022)