Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there others like me out there?

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 14h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Are there others like me out there?

I don’t know what and how much info I could really give here without people who do know me giving away who I am on neo but I always wonder how you guys make friends here.

I’m a SAHM, stay at home mom, and just don’t have the ability to make friends irl. More or less because I don’t leave my house.

A lot of people seem pretty close here and would love to connect with others here and possibly on neo? Do relationships work like that here?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how do people get cool images and side bars? I love to update and dump the ugly newbie bar!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PineappleDawn For This Useful Post:

Tyranitar (07-18-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    53d 3h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Hey there, welcome
    We are happy to have you in our community! Some of us (like myself) stick to our own bubble when it comes to interaction on Neo itself from here, but others I am sure have made connections here that out reach to Neo itself, too. I would say the best place to start in general would be hopping on in to conversations and threads regarding whatever the latest focus is! We like to talk about Neopets related things (like the Altador Cup), but also what is going on in our lives, like the Summertime thread where we discuss our summertime plans and experiences There is lots to explore.

As for your userbar (the sidebar images), I would suggest checking out these threads
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)!)

I hope to see you around!

userbar by lyrichord and drawings by wooloo, hollow, honeycomb, & sugarbee, respectively
    thank you all!
    happy happy SUMMER

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghast For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-08-2022),PineappleDawn (07-15-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Hi!
    You can rank up by getting reputation (+rep) for contributions to the community!
    Immerse yourself in the community. We’re much more than just a spot for Neo chats. Throughout the year we have some pretty fun challenges & contests that bring us together. From art to baking to writing, there’s bound to be something for you here, but that’s really the best way to meet and connect with your fellow CKers.

Hope to se you around the boards

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

PineappleDawn (07-15-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I think it is fairly similar to in a normal offline setting, you will find yourself becoming close friends with those you have common interests/talking points with! I met some of my closest friends on ck because we obviously have Neopets in common, as well as things under the relevant same vein (creative stuff, trading etc). Others I became friends with over mutual love of similar music or anime - as Ghast said there are a lot of different areas of discussion and it's just a matter of putting yourself out there and joining a conversation to find those you click with. After breaking the ice (haha please don't hurt me) it's easy to branch out from there, I think.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    426 times
    Time Online
    121d 12h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    Your question is a very good question.
    I think that in the forums, unlike in real life, to be in a place you have to be active. I mean, if we're all in a room, even if you don't talk, we can still see you and someone outgoing might walk up to you and say hello. But we can't see you here unless you post something.
    It's not safe to give too many details about your account (again, because you never know who's there), but you can still share some achievements with us, we're always happy when something cool happens!

Share a little of your life and your time with us and you will see that little by little you will make friends. You see how you asked a question and we appeared!

Pixie♥ ~
    Hatched 11/13/2020
    Chibi Grey Faerie by ♥ Wooloo ♥

Both Grey Pixel Pixie by the Honeycomb

my ubs by Lyrichord

Ryupocalypse 07-15-2021
    Grey love faerie by Houndoom

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GreyFaerie For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    The more active you are around the forums, the easier it is to make friends, honestly. People see you around and might take an interest in you, or they'll see you sync up in other ways like what you like or your opinions on certain topics.

I was a bit shy too at first and unsure how to really get going with stepping into the community in a meaningful way. Coming out of my shell a bit really expedited things.

Thank you so much, (you need an account to see links)!
    RBY styled Vulpix Ryu bar made by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    101d 19h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Hello!! Yes, I relate to you in a lot of ways so you’re not alone. I’ve struggled with making irl friends my whole life..I’ve just never found the right crowd of people I guess. I never shared any interests with people around me and almost all of my friends are from online. And most from here in fact! I’ve made some amazing friends here just by engaging in events or conversations here and there. It can be a bit overwhelming at first but I’m sure you’ll fit right in over time. Feel free to add me if you’d like! I’d love to become friends with you!

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    87d 11h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Hi @ Pineappledawn

To get those awesome userbars you need to kind of go on a quest for them like Ghast said you can read more about it here

Some are really easy while others are hard. SOme you earn over time and no point of trying to haste things along.

I also see very little people. I work from home and the only time I see people is when I go out to photoshoots, I am a photographer. And I mean those are clients not friends. I feel lucky I have a few rlf. I really struggle to make friends not only irl but on here as well. I have Dysgraphia . So people misunderstand me a lot and I have so many infringements so yeah dont see me making friends on here, you are welcome to be my friend.

You say your a stay at home mom. How many kids do you have? I think its ok to share that as long as you dont share names, schools, pics. With millions of people in the world I doubt that someone will accidentally find out who you are irl. Unless you give away very specific information.

I think if you love cooking or something you need to look around on the forum there are sections for that and you might just find someone to really connect wit.
    Last edited by phantasia; 07-18-2022 at 03:07 AM.

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Hi @(you need an account to see links)! I have trouble making friends too, I can't really leave my house much due to chronic illness. I hope you have a great time in the community here, I find everybody to be really friendly and fun, and there's lots of different sections on the board covering different interests to dip into

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Hi Pineapple welcome to the forum, I see you're having a warm welcoming ^^

There are many threads here to interact with others, games, cooking, games, music, anime... And my favorite one which helped me to ve less shy and start meeting others:

These little creatures are really fun to have and take care of, and you can always take care of other ryus ^^ My little one was a great help when I joined here.

I hope this also helps you and would be looking forward to seeing you around

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3