Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone been following this Black Jaguar White Tiger thing? (TW Animal Abuse)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m

Has anyone been following this Black Jaguar White Tiger thing? (TW Animal Abuse)

Sorry if this is actually spam. I have issues deciding which goes where.

So we have another, possibly worse Tiger King situation. Keep in mind, I have been following and supporting this "sanctuary" for YEARS. I'll spoiler the info since animal abuse can be a trigger for many people.

It's a novel but here's a relatively quicker rundown of the atrocities that you may have seen on the news lately regarding this place.

It's even more infuriating that Eddie doesn't think he did anything wrong STILL.

Official donation info:

Paypal: (you need an account to see links) or @(you need an account to see links)sobolewski
    This Paypal is from someone who went to the place in person after the allegations happened and witnessed it all first hand. She is a trusted source and has insider knowledge of what's going on right now at the facility (the animals are being fed today, thank goodness)

I'll share the Facebook fundraiser once it starts working again, they're having issues with it today

ALL DONATIONS GO TO THE ANIMALS.
    Last edited by Ember; 07-10-2022 at 03:27 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

Alister (07-08-2022),DarkSkies (07-10-2022),Double.Trouble (07-13-2022),EnderTheory (07-10-2022),Ice (07-08-2022),Jackalope (07-09-2022),sanrio (07-08-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 6h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    Oh my god. I had never heard of any of this, including the sanctuary itself. I kinda wish I hadn't, except that turning a blind eye to horrible things like this does nothing to help fix them u_u

I have really mixed feelings about animal sanctuaries / independently-run animal rescues just from my own experiences with them. It's very sad to say that I'm not even surprised to read about the jaguar one. What I've seen a lot of is, someone with incredibly good intentions starts a rescue and very quickly get in way over their head. They underestimate how much work and expense it will actually be, it ends up being a very isolated life from other people, and they end up entrenched fast once people start dropping animals off with them in volumes they never predicted. It's really upsetting to see. I volunteered at a private ranch-turned-animal sanctuary in college and ended up wimping out, seeing the conditions these animals were living in was heartbreaking and I couldn't handle it.

On a smaller scale, the independent rescue I adopted one of my dogs from felt very much the same. The owner, Karen, is such a good person but just cannot feasibly run a rescue of its size on her own. She was so relieved when I adopted my dog because he was clashing very badly with another male she had and it was getting worse. She didn't have the space to keep them separated from each other and the other dog kept attacking the one I brought home. My boy had developed defensive aggression toward other dogs it took me years to work out of him, and the other one in the rescue was eventually euthanized for attacking her. It was just a bad situation all around.

This situation though sounds so much more malicious. Reading the summary you had in spoilers make me feel sick to my stomach :/ Is there a place to donate for the survivors' care?

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

sanrio (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    247 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I saw this on instagram this week and had to share the sad story.

People like this have to be stopped NOW. Like, how do you sleep knowing you're profiting by harming animals.

Very disgusting coming from people that ''take care'' of their ''sanctuaries''

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi
    (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

sanrio (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Oh my god. I had never heard of any of this, including the sanctuary itself. I kinda wish I hadn't, except that turning a blind eye to horrible things like this does nothing to help fix them u_u

I have really mixed feelings about animal sanctuaries / independently-run animal rescues just from my own experiences with them. It's very sad to say that I'm not even surprised to read about the jaguar one. What I've seen a lot of is, someone with incredibly good intentions starts a rescue and very quickly get in way over their head. They underestimate how much work and expense it will actually be, it ends up being a very isolated life from other people, and they end up entrenched fast once people start dropping animals off with them in volumes they never predicted. It's really upsetting to see. I volunteered at a private ranch-turned-animal sanctuary in college and ended up wimping out, seeing the conditions these animals were living in was heartbreaking and I couldn't handle it.

On a smaller scale, the independent rescue I adopted one of my dogs from felt very much the same. The owner, Karen, is such a good person but just cannot feasibly run a rescue of its size on her own. She was so relieved when I adopted my dog because he was clashing very badly with another male she had and it was getting worse. She didn't have the space to keep them separated from each other and the other dog kept attacking the one I brought home. My boy had developed defensive aggression toward other dogs it took me years to work out of him, and the other one in the rescue was eventually euthanized for attacking her. It was just a bad situation all around.

This situation though sounds so much more malicious. Reading the summary you had in spoilers make me feel sick to my stomach :/ Is there a place to donate for the survivors' care?
    I wish I knew about the atrocities of self-owned sanctuaries sooner. Katty Perry and Kim Kardasian even did photo shoots with the cubs to raise awareness there. It'd be nice if they came out, publicity denouncing the facility.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I have no idea what I'd do in that situation. It would break my heart to see that in person....

There will be donations set up soon. There's a few unofficial ones that have large donation pools but the admins on the BJWT Family page on fb said to hold off and wait for an official donation page. Many people are eager to donate and help these babies.

They're being split between different zoos currently so it'll be tough to get a list of who went where for a bit. I'm not sure how the zoos are in Mexico so I'm still concerned for their welfare

Carol Baskin even posted a video about BJWT. So I'm wondering if Big Cat Santuary will come help. I didn't watch Tiger King because Tigers are my favorite animals and I couldn't bare to see what was happening. So I don't know much about Carol other than the fact she was on that show

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kibba View Post
    I saw this on instagram this week and had to share the sad story.

People like this have to be stopped NOW. Like, how do you sleep knowing you're profiting by harming animals.

Very disgusting coming from people that ''take care'' of their ''sanctuaries''
    Especially when he refers to his animals as "kids". If this is how your kids are treated, then you shouldn't be referred to as "Papa Bear". My heart goes out to all the cats. There are a few cubs I used to follow that are still MIA :/ I'm sick with worry for these animals.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

Alister (07-08-2022),Kibba (07-08-2022),sanrio (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post
    Sorry if this is actually spam. I have issues deciding which goes where.

So we have another, possibly worse Tiger King situation. Keep in mind, I have been following and supporting this "sanctuary" for YEARS. I'll spoiler the info since animal abuse can be a trigger for many people.

It's a novel but here's a relatively quicker rundown of the atrocities that you may have seen on the news lately regarding this place.

It's even more infuriating that Eddie doesn't think he did anything wrong STILL.
    Oh my god... I used to follow them because I thought they were actually helping them. So digusting that people will pretend to be a sanctuary and be doing something like this. I'm nauseous from how angry this makes me. Those poor animals deserved so much better and my heart breaks for them.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    84d 5h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Unfortunately these things happens, some ppl don't know when to stop, others just want free money. Before moving on I was very active rescuing stray dogs and worked with different ppl on the way for some years. Until now I can surely say that if you're going to do these there are 2 important things.

1) Don't eat more that you can chew (I know the feeling of wanting to help all the ones you see, but this will backfire if you don't learn to set boundaries).
    2) If you're going to work with someone else, be very careful with who you're gonna be. It's not easy to find someone commited and with a cold head.

I normally don't like to follow rescuing pages due to the risk of being false or just doing it for money. It's sad how far some people can go in order to get what they want, human being can be horrible when they want to.

I"m sorry for the animals that gone through all this, I hope they can get all the help needed to leave this in the past
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 07-10-2022 at 12:29 AM.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Oh my god... I used to follow them because I thought they were actually helping them. So digusting that people will pretend to be a sanctuary and be doing something like this. I'm nauseous from how angry this makes me. Those poor animals deserved so much better and my heart breaks for them.
    Right? He's duped everyone. It's sickening. Maybe he started from a good place but he's corrupt now. He says the videos that were released were "out of context". Okay... so they're all starving and dehydrated because it's a good passtime? He refuses to admit that he's wrong, even as his animals are being taken away and finally being taken care of... ignorant guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Unfortunately these things happens, some ppl don't know when to stop, others just want free money. Before moving on I was very active rescuing stray dogs and worked with different ppl on the way for some years. Until now I can surely say that if you're going to do these there are 2 important things.

1) Don't eat more that you can chew (I know the feeling of wanting to help all the ones you see, but this will backfire if you don't learn to set boundaries).
    2) If you're going to work with someone else, be very careful with who you're gonna be. It's not easy to find someone commited and with a cold head.

I normally don't like to follow rescuing pages due to the risk of being false or just doing it for money. It's sad how far some people can go in order to get what they want, human being can be horrible when they want to.

I"m sorry for the animals that gone through all this, I hope they can get all the help needed to leave this in the past
    Luckily the animals that are left are finally being fed. Videos are coming out about the care they're receiving currently. It's just sad so many had to die for this to happen. It's horrible but I'm glad they're finally getting the care they deserve

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-10-2022),Jackalope (07-10-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post
    Right? He's duped everyone. It's sickening. Maybe he started from a good place but he's corrupt now. He says the videos that were released were "out of context". Okay... so they're all starving and dehydrated because it's a good passtime? He refuses to admit that he's wrong, even as his animals are being taken away and finally being taken care of... ignorant guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Luckily the animals that are left are finally being fed. Videos are coming out about the care they're receiving currently. It's just sad so many had to die for this to happen. It's horrible but I'm glad they're finally getting the care they deserve
    People who mistreat animals are the main reason I wish I believed in hell. They deserve to be punished so much more than prison or fines will ever punish them. They deserve the torture they gave those animals. Apologies if that's too dark there are few things that anger me more deeply. And pretending to be a saviour on top of it just to boost your own ego. I'm livid. There's no "out of context" for what he's done. Even if his lies are to be believed and it's somehow because they weren't getting enough donations, it would be time to relinquish care to some other rescue, not let innocent animals fucking die. I hope he has the life he deserves after this but I've learned a very valuable lesson about which rescues to believe. If they're being treated as pets and not as wild animals that's sus.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

Ember (07-10-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    People who mistreat animals are the main reason I wish I believed in hell. They deserve to be punished so much more than prison or fines will ever punish them. They deserve the torture they gave those animals. Apologies if that's too dark there are few things that anger me more deeply. And pretending to be a saviour on top of it just to boost your own ego. I'm livid. There's no "out of context" for what he's done. Even if his lies are to be believed and it's somehow because they weren't getting enough donations, it would be time to relinquish care to some other rescue, not let innocent animals fucking die. I hope he has the life he deserves after this but I've learned a very valuable lesson about which rescues to believe. If they're being treated as pets and not as wild animals that's sus.
    I do believe in a hell and there's a special place reserved there for animal abusers imo :k The fact he's still trying to make people believe he did nothing wrong is ridiculous...

Also I'm going to add the donation info to the original post if anyone is interested. 100% of the proceeds go to the cats, rest assured

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (07-10-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 8h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    I had no idea this was happening, what the acutal fuck. I'm so pissed rn. Mexican authorities are a joke, and it's so sad because I'm not even surprised it went that far for that long. You just have to be "someone's" son and magically laws don't apply to you. México is SO FAR BEHIND when it comes to laws protecting animals and that has to change now. I truly hope the people who were responsible for this get the punishment they deserve and that this doesn't get swiped under the carpet like many of this cases do.

Edit. Thanks for the donation link, will be sending some pesitos I have, I hope it helps
    Last edited by Trash Panda; 07-12-2022 at 12:09 PM.

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trash Panda For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-12-2022)