27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m

Unhappy Kazuki Takahashi Will Forever be Remembered

I am deeply saddened and heart broken leaning about his passing today. He left us way too soon and it is suspected he drowned while snorkeling. As the creator of Yu-Gi-Oh he was such a huge part of my childhood and growing up. I have been on the verge of tears just thinking about all the wonderful memories I have had because of Yu-Gi-Oh. I can only hope his legacy will continue on and Kanami will do the the best they can now that he is gone.

If you have any loving memories involving Yu-Gi-Oh from your life please share them so we can all remember and pay our respects to a man who molded so many of our youth with his creation and brought us so much joy.

For now please rest easy now Kazuki and know you will always have people who will cherish the world you created for years to come ❤️

(you need an account to see links)

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dita For This Useful Post:

Buizel (07-08-2022),DrSloth (07-11-2022),EnderTheory (07-08-2022),Ghast (07-08-2022),Hollow (07-08-2022),Ice (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Oh no, this is sad news!

Yu Gi Oh was veryyyy popular when I was in grade school. A lot of us collected the cards and would battle each other at recess. And of course we all watched the show.

I wish I still had my cards… something tells me I might in a tote somewhere in my basement… I should take a look for them this weekend and update if I find them!

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-07-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    245 times
    Time Online
    27d 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    It's really sad, this anime and trading card game made my childhood and It makes me even more sad because I recently starting rewatching the original
    Yu-Gi-Oh last weekend and I've been binge watching this whole week. He has a historic legacy and he will always be remembered

RIP

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-11-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    24d 22h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    It was sad to hear about the passing of Kazuki Takahashi. Yu-Gi-Oh was a big part of my life growing up. I remember the days when I'd wake up at 6 am to watch Yu-Gi-Oh - it was my favourite show back then. I used to take my cards to school to duel my friends and roleplay haha. I even owned the Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories ps1 game which was awesome! Only a few years ago, I decided to re-binge Yu-Gi-Oh, GX and 5ds for the nostalgia.

R.I.P Kazuki Takahashi!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_dragonz For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-11-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I’m so heart broken by this. It was such sad news to wake up to.
    I believe one of the apps to play on mobile launched today, too
    I never played it growing up but I used to love collecting the cute cards and my friends would always give me theirs. My little brother was so into the anime and card game and I can remember for his 6th birthday we went to this card shop and he got a really nice Dark Magician Girl and gave it to me.

My husband is really into the TCG actually and he plays Duel Links very frequently. Since really early into our relationship he has had me open booster packs for him because he likes watching me open cards because he says I have good luck and he likes to hear me react to them. Well he always wanted me to find a Madolche card in a pack because he knew Id fall in love with the designs and I remember after opening so many a few months into dating, I had finally found one. It was madolche chickolates which made us really excited because I love ducks and I’ve kept it in my wallet where your ID goes ever since. I usually fall asleep to videos he watches of a few YouTubers that play the card game.
    So it will forever be something I keep so close to my heart because his love for it.

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pillowfighter For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    101d 19h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I'm so saddened to hear this. RIP Kazuki. My cousin and I loved Yu-Gi-Oh when we were younger and will always hold a special place in my heart.

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-11-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    This is really heartbreaking, especially if it was a completely avoidable accident. 😞 YGO was really popular yet memey when I was younger, but I would remember coming back home from elementary school and immediately turning on the tv to watch whatever episode happened to be on. The show and franchise have given us countless iconic cultural references, from banishing someone to the shadow realm, BEWD simping, my grandpas deck has no weak cards, the classic youtube YGO abridged series, Bandit Fucking Keith, to the more recent pot of greed meme. At one point I had started the manga (because it is actually a lot better than the anime imo) and I was so invested, when I couldn't find scanlations of a few chapters I was so desperate I read them in spanish just so I could keep going (thank you HS spanish classes) xD RIP Kazuki Takahashi thank you for your wonderful contribution that made our lives happier. Wishing he is at peace and his family and loved ones are alright.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-11-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    42d 5h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Accidents like these are always the worst and always happen to people who have so much longer to live.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wandas For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-11-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    My husband was talking to me about this yesterday, man how surprising and saddening is to realize time happens and some ppl just are gone, especially when even if you didn't know them they left a mark on your childhood.

I like Yugioh I grew up watching the anime, playing at least two games, being excited for the movie and the cards you could get at movie theater. I still have some cards saved with me.

I hope his family is doing as good as possible in this kinda situations.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-11-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I loved waking up to all these wonderful comments. Thank you all who have shared their love for Kazuki. I still feel very impacted by this. I had no idea how much this would effect me hearing about loosing him. I want to share some of my own memories but I will do them in another post when I feel ready.

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dita For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-08-2022)