Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your all time dream concert?

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m

What's your all time dream concert?

If you go see any concert of an artist or a band who would it be and why? The artist/band could be living, deceased or even disbanded. Maybe there was one specific show or concert you would want to travel back in time to see to take in that magic of that show. Let's here it!

I'll go first! I have two concerts I would love to time travel to. If I were to travel back in time I would loved to have seen Freddy Mercury and Queen at the Live Aid Concert at Wembly Stadium in 1986! My second would be the Woodstock concert in 1969! The environment and experiences of both these concerts would have been out of this world and to boot the messages that these events sent such a positive messages on humanity as a whole!

A bucket list concert for me of a band that is still around would be the Red Hot Chili Peppers!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

dustyc (07-05-2022),Emerchy (07-06-2022),Ice (07-05-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 10h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    lmao sort of same here, my go-to answer for this is always Queen. I'm not a die-hard fan or anything, really only listen to the hits, I just feel like Freddie Mercury would put on a really fun show.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Charmander (07-05-2022),Emerchy (07-06-2022),EnderTheory (07-05-2022),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (07-06-2022)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    lmao sort of same here, my go-to answer for this is always Queen. I'm not a die-hard fan or anything, really only listen to the hits, I just feel like Freddie Mercury would put on a really fun show.
    He was for sure a showman and but on such an entertaining show and was so excentric from what recordings I've seen. I can also watch the Queen movie Bohemiam Rhapsody on repeat!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

kittyray (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Ooh, thankfully I've seen most of my favorite artists live, and there's way too many that I would kill to time travel back to, so I'll just keep my answer short, lol, I could write a whole novel

One bucket list band I have yet to see is Faith No More. I have seen Billy Joel when he was in my city years ago, but it would be a dream to see one of his Madison Square Garden shows sometime!
    Custom Userbar made by (you need an account to see links)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

Charmander (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Whew I have two groups I would pay a lot to see perform as full groups again, both for disbandment reasons. (yes they're both kpop lol)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Charmander (07-05-2022),Da Plushee Boree (07-06-2022),dustyc (07-05-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 7h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    Bruce Springsteen, Houston 1978. I would settle even for getting to see just this one song live :')

I've only got two true (living) bucket list artists left, Roxy Music and Giorgio Moroder, and I have tickets to see Roxy this fall. But if we're going true fantasy concerts, I'd want to go back in time to see Roxy when doing a tour for Country Life, Nick Cave during the Grinderman run or Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!, and Giorgio covering his From Here to Eternity album. I've seen Bryan Ferry once and Nick Cave twice and I love them but man, the things I'd do to see them during these very specific times of their careers.

GWN, I had to laugh when I saw we may have absolute total opposite music tastes as each other xD I don't like Queen in general but Bohemian Rhapsody especially bugs me, and I can never see reference to the RHCP without thinking of Nick Cave's quote on the topic:

"I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers"

I like RHCP too but that Nick Cave line kills me lol
    The irony that poor Flea named Cave as his choice for best current living songwriter
    Last edited by Alister; 07-05-2022 at 11:59 PM.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

dustyc (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Bruce Springsteen, Houston 1978. I would settle even for getting to see just this one song live :')

I've only got two true (living) bucket list artists left, Roxy Music and Giorgio Moroder, and I have tickets to see Roxy this fall. But if we're going true fantasy concerts, I'd want to go back in time to see Roxy when doing a tour for Country Life, Nick Cave during the Grinderman run or Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!, and Giorgio covering his From Here to Eternity album. I've seen Bryan Ferry once and Nick Cave twice and I love them but man, the things I'd do to see them during these very specific times of their careers.

GWN, I had to laugh when I saw we may have absolute total opposite music tastes as each other xD I don't like Queen in general but Bohemian Rhapsody especially bugs me, and I can never see reference to the RHCP without thinking of Nick Cave's quote on the topic:

"I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers"

I like RHCP too but that Nick Cave line kills me lol
    The irony that poor Flea named Cave as his choice for best current living songwriter
    Haha oh my goodness you are correct in us having very opposite tastes in music. I have never been a Springsteen fan 😆 Hey but that's the great thing about music...there's something out there for EVERYONE!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Alister (07-06-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    8d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    The Midnight is definitely a group I would love to see in person and they did pass through my area, but unfortunately I never got a chance to see them

I'd also love to see Tenacious D, Soilwork, Jack Stauber (I love his art/videos, too!), The Pillows, or Gorillaz. Also, absolutely Queen.

Garfunkle the Ryu
    Thank you honeycomb for the wonderful Garf!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to EnderTheory For This Useful Post:

dustyc (07-06-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    443 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Since I was in the 10th grade, my dream was to attend any concert by Marina and the Diamonds (now known only as 'Marina'). She is the artist I am a fan of for the longest time, and in general I'm not much of a person to follow just one artist, so it's kinda amazing that I even have her as one. I really feel like I grew up with her songs, and I can basically match any time of my life with one of her songs perfectly, it's crazy.
    When I was younger she wasn't very known, and had a lot of small performances in bars or other small venues around Europe. But again, I was younger, so I couldn't really go by myself to see her (and unsurprisingly she never visited my country). Nowadays she's more known and her concerts are bigger, but I'm not sure how much I'm willing to make the effort to go to see her somewhere so far (mostly north/south america now) just to be in a huge concert... I'm just not a huge fan of being one out of 10k+ crowd and barely seeing anything. But ofc if there'll ever pop up a chance to see her that would only require moderate amount of effort, I will go to see her for sure.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (07-06-2022),dustyc (07-06-2022),EnderTheory (07-06-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    678 times
    Time Online
    214d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 32m
    Oh man. The one concert I most want to see is the concert that will probably never ever happen! I absolutely love Enya but due to how she layers her vocals 100+ times over in studio, the ambience of an actual concert just wouldn't be the same. She's lost quite a few dear family members recently so even though we've hit the 7-years-from-last-album benchmark, which is her go to standard recently, I'm not sure they'll be a second album. I hope I live long enough to hear a compilation of all the things she never did officially publish.

As I think about it, I would love to see Karl Jenkins conducting one of his pieces at some point. Maybe not the Masses (they're beautiful, but serious) and I love his world-inspired music. Hearing Palladio or some of the Cantus stuff would be the dream!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (07-06-2022),kittyray (07-06-2022)