Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the anime that everyone loves but you dislike?

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Ahh yeah I agree with the Chobits... I love CLAMP and I can see the ~romance~ in it but egads it's also one of those series I feel like did not age well at all 😬
    @(you need an account to see links) my partner really likes Higurashi (he recently went through all the new one too) but it's something I refuse to touch with a 10 ft pole. I think what really put me off was the art style more than anything xD I'm really picky about art style and the fact that they're all chibi looking (I mean yeah they're kids right lol) was just off putting to me? I feel like I would like the story but maybe if it was in novel form instead of animated, idk.

Speaking of chibis I really did not see the appeal at all in Lucky Star. Also really really disliked Clannad. Hate it. Husband loves it and I give him shit for it all the time. xD

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (07-04-2022),♥ Wooloo ♥ (07-04-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I kind of wanna give it another shot but I tried watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure a couple months ago and couldn't really get into it. I think I might like later arcs that take place in other time periods, but I might be too impatient to get to some of them.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-04-2022),mugi (07-05-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 13h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    For me it was Attack on Titan as well. I liked the premise at the beginning, but then, the author not only moved the goal posts to get to the ending, the author also added wayyyy too many characters to remember and literally every chapter felt like flashback, after flashback, after flashback to remember stuff. It got too convoluted for me. I also didn't really like the art...the only character I semi like was Levi, but other than that, I'm glad I dropped it. The ending supposedly pissed off everyone lol

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 2h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Y'all are dropping some big names so I'm sorry in advance for mentioning some that are a little more obscure lmao.

First - AnoHana. I disliked this one quite a lot, mainly because I felt deceived. This anime's first couple of episodes + opening/ending + general vibes sell it to you like a series about close friends who came apart and now trying to recover their friendship. And I'm a sucker for good friendship stories. But it was very far from it. It ended up being just a love pentagon + an extra, and I can't start to describe how disappointed I was. Especially since I heard so many praises about this anime.

Another two are Shakugan no Shana and Toradora. I put them together even though they are very different, but I disliked them for similar reasons - basically the tsundere main character was super annoying and was unrootable, and there were no interesting side characters to save either of these shows.

Last one is that Netflix's one, Devilman Crybaby. People say it's a genius masterpiece, but I only saw it as a boring premise with too much edginess for no real purpose.

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Very glad I’m not the only one who feels the way I feel about Attack on Titan.

One that I’ve seen a lot of people say is just the best “I cried my eyes out” anime would be Your Lie in April.
    I think it was good but just not the most emotional perfect anime other people seem to think it is. It was very predictable a good 10 minutes into episode 1 and I’ve definitely seen some anime that have made me sob. The main character’s inner monologue was SO repetitive.
    Don’t get me wrong the animation and music are both beautiful but it just didn’t reel me in.

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pillowfighter For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 2h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowfighter View Post
    Very glad I’m not the only one who feels the way I feel about Attack on Titan.

One that I’ve seen a lot of people say is just the best “I cried my eyes out” anime would be Your Lie in April.
    I think it was good but just not the most emotional perfect anime other people seem to think it is. It was very predictable a good 10 minutes into episode 1 and I’ve definitely seen some anime that have made me sob. The main character’s inner monologue was SO repetitive.
    Don’t get me wrong the animation and music are both beautiful but it just didn’t reel me in.
    Omg thank you for reminding me about this one!!
    Well, I didn't dislike it as much as the others I already mentioned (I really liked the rival side characters, but they weren't shown enough sadly), but I really don't get how people saying it's a masterpiece that is masterfully written etc etc. I always just think about other in the same genre that do what his one does waaaaaaaaay better

I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

♥ pillowfighter ♥ (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Oof I can see what you guys mean about Your Lie In April and to an extent I agree, it is sad but I wouldn't put it as like the SADDEST or most masterful tragic story. (Same +more complicated disliking feels on the similar vibe to the book The Fault in Our Stars, but I digress lol)

Can't believe I left this off because I feel so strongly about it but you guys reminded me - I HATE Koe no Katachi/Shape of Your Voice(? I think is the English title). I thought none of the characters were redeemable of their shittiness so I didn't want the main couple to end up together or have a happy ending lol. I know tons of my friends really love it and think it is amazing but my god I would just want to slap all the people involved (I understand a lot of it is rooted deeply in Japanese behavioral culture and boy do I hate how backwards they can still be) and call it a day.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

TsUNaMy WaVe (07-05-2022),♥ Wooloo ♥ (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    Omg thank you for reminding me about this one!!
    Well, I didn't dislike it as much as the others I already mentioned (I really liked the rival side characters, but they weren't shown enough sadly), but I really don't get how people saying it's a masterpiece that is masterfully written etc etc. I always just think about other in the same genre that do what his one does waaaaaaaaay better
    Yes! These are my exact feelings towards it honestly. Every single time I see a “top 10 most emotional anime” tik tok and it’s close to number one I just…want to slide Orange in there……

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pillowfighter For This Useful Post:

TsUNaMy WaVe (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 2h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Oof I can see what you guys mean about Your Lie In April and to an extent I agree, it is sad but I wouldn't put it as like the SADDEST or most masterful tragic story. (Same +more complicated disliking feels on the similar vibe to the book The Fault in Our Stars, but I digress lol)

Can't believe I left this off because I feel so strongly about it but you guys reminded me - I HATE Koe no Katachi/Shape of Your Voice(? I think is the English title). I thought none of the characters were redeemable of their shittiness so I didn't want the main couple to end up together or have a happy ending lol. I know tons of my friends really love it and think it is amazing but my god I would just want to slap all the people involved (I understand a lot of it is rooted deeply in Japanese behavioral culture and boy do I hate how backwards they can still be) and call it a day.
    Omg yeah this is a one I don't like as much as others as well, but not for the same reasons as you. I just felt like the movie was very rushed, and everything about the side characters was just useless! The movie tried to make you care about them but gave you literally nothing to work with. I know the manga is better in that aspect so I'm not gonna judge it, but the movie form... it could have been so much better if it really only focused on the 2 main characters and that's it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I sat and watched all of Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) and absolutely hated it. The yandere trope/the romanticization of it grosses me out.

Garfunkle the Ryu
    Thank you honeycomb for the wonderful Garf!