Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the anime that everyone loves but you dislike?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I'm gonna get quite a lot of flak for saying this but Sword Art Online. It's one of the animes I hate to my core lol.
    Don't know why it's popular, all the characters barely have any growth, the story is just repeated constantly.

I used to not like Attack on Titan but it gets really good at the later seasons (if you can go past season 3).
    I still hate Eren but I feel sad for the rest of the characters because they all have to revolve around this selfish emo brat.

Koi

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mugi For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (07-05-2022),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (07-04-2022),Trash Panda (07-04-2022)

Chopper
    Pronouns
    she / her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Attack on Titan!
    My friends were recommending me to watch it and I did try to watch but couldn't even finish one season.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 14h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Glad I am not alone by saying Naruto, Bleach, AoT and Death Note. I'm not a huge fan of that genre/style anyways, but so many people make them out to be the best anime ever and............... they're really not.

Sorry not sorry.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    84d 6h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Thanks I'm not the only one but while my husband is a fan of One Piece and has been trying to get me into that, I'm sorry but no way. It just doesn't catch my eye, and sometimes I'm a bit picky with animation.

Naruto is my other no-no. Tbh I haven't give them both the chance to sit and watch but... It's not coming from my heart :c

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Ahh this topic speaks to my soul lol. I think sometimes I have very opposite opinions about most popular anime that people like, and I think a lot of it stems from the fact that I very strongly dislike either the harem (or even reverse harem in some situations, not OHSHC though) or ecchi/fanservice genres and well in recent years those themes have been quite rampant. Anime just leaning further into its degeneracy got very annoying very quick for me, so I never got around to liking or even watching shows like DanMachi Konosuba okay a lot of isekai stuff got super old as well xD And anything that has "very average anime protagonist boy who has tons of different girls all vying for his attention" just makes me want to throttle someone. In the same vein shoujo got very tiresome for me too if the protagonist is one of the super quiet/shy girls who can't stand up for herself or express her emotions clearly, that shit pissed me off and I never was able to relate to it.

But some thing I know a lot of my friends really enjoyed and was very critically acclaimed - I watched Madoka the whole way through TWICE and I didn't like it either times. I can appreciate the story it is telling and the characters are compelling but I think it was just too much strain on my brain xD I am a very low level watcher and don't pick up on more complex story lines easily lol. So other shows like Steins Gate that are more atypical in its narrative are difficult for me to watch too, I couldn't get past the first episode..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Trash Panda (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 8h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Mob Psycho 100. But mainly because for some actually weird reason watching the animation makes my stomach sick. I don’t know how to describe it lol.

Also One Piece. And I think both Chobits and Elfen Lied are a littleeee bit weird ;_;

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trash Panda For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    39d 18h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trash Panda View Post
    Mob Psycho 100. But mainly because for some actually weird reason watching the animation makes my stomach sick. I don’t know how to describe it lol.

Also One Piece. And I think both Chobits and Elfen Lied are a littleeee bit weird ;_;
    I really loved Elfen Lied as a kid but now that I'm older, I recognize it has some SERIOUS issues. No idea how it was as popular as it was back in the day but holy hell some of the themes in that anime would not fly today. It did not age well at all.

Custom Ryu by @Zapdos

By me

By @honeycomb

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wooloo For This Useful Post:

Trash Panda (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 8h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooloo View Post
    I really loved Elfen Lied as a kid but now that I'm older, I recognize it has some SERIOUS issues. No idea how it was as popular as it was back in the day but holy hell some of the themes in that anime would not fly today. It did not age well at all.
    I remember it was super popular when I was younger and everybody kept recommending it so I watched it and I just kinda went with the flow of “yeah! I watched it!” because I wanted to feel included lol, and I really didn’t process much at the time. But now I look back too and I’m like, ok, yep, that happens

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    39d 18h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trash Panda View Post
    I remember it was super popular when I was younger and everybody kept recommending it so I watched it and I just kinda went with the flow of “yeah! I watched it!” because I wanted to feel included lol, and I really didn’t process much at the time. But now I look back too and I’m like, ok, yep, that happens
    Yeah I highly recommended it to my friend but he watched like 5 minutes of it, said it was unnecessarily violent (which it was) and then moved onto Higurashi which was the second recommendation our friend group gave him. XD

I both love and hate Higurashi. It's so... intense.

Custom Ryu by @Zapdos

By me

By @honeycomb

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wooloo For This Useful Post:

Trash Panda (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    247d 5h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    Attack on Titan, I did get to read a lot of the manga but it just wasn't for me. I found it boring.

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez