Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which anime do you wish for or not want a new season?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

Which anime do you wish for or not want a new season?

Reading the what mangas you want adapted to anime board and the waifu husbandos thread made me remember how many old animes that I wished for a continuation and some I hope never continue because it wasn't adapted well.

The one I hope they have a new season would be XXXHOLiC and Saiunkoku Monogatari.

I love XXXHOLiC and the "values" they have in the story. But I really wish CLAMP will just finish the story already and stop going into hiatuses
    Saiunkoku is another anime I really hope they continue, it's a really underrated anime. I'm trying my best to find the full light novel set so I can finish the story.

And no thank you for a new season would be Kaichou wa Maid-sama.
    I love the manga but the anime just was not good imho, there were so many things lacking in terms of animation and the way the characters acted. It was a huge disappointment...

I wanna see what other animes out there that you think is worth a new season so I can add onto my never ending watch list of animes!

Koi

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mugi For This Useful Post:

Menine (07-04-2022),TsUNaMy WaVe (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    OKAY

First of all Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn). It is such a CRIME it only has one season. I'm glad that one season finished on such an open note, because that made me go right to the manga and I read it ever since. And it only gets better and better with time, it's unbelievable. I don't understand how no one thought about cashing on this more. It needs another season and FAST.

The other one, is Yakusoku no Neverland (The Promised Neverland). Sure it had 2 seasons, but both of them SUCKED so bad. Especially when comparing to the manga which is so smart and compelling, the anime were just a spit in the face of the fans. The first season I can somehow let slide, and evidently a lot of non-manga-readers enjoyed it a lot. But season 2 was so insulting... Really, I can't even start to describe it. They butchered the source material and gave us a lame, badly constructed recap of the main end-game plot points. Oh, and they ended it on a powerpoint slider show that had details that anime-only fans would NEVER get. I seriously never seen any serious being done so dirty. So a big no to another half-ass job like that, but a remake? YES PLEASE.

These are the ones that comes to my mind immediately, if I'll remember more I'd add them (but I'm not much of a manga person tbh so there might not be more lol).

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

mugi (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    OKAY

First of all Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn). It is such a CRIME it only has one season. I'm glad that one season finished on such an open note, because that made me go right to the manga and I read it ever since. And it only gets better and better with time, it's unbelievable. I don't understand how no one thought about cashing on this more. It needs another season and FAST.

The other one, is Yakusoku no Neverland (The Promised Neverland). Sure it had 2 seasons, but both of them SUCKED so bad. Especially when comparing to the manga which is so smart and compelling, the anime were just a spit in the face of the fans. The first season I can somehow let slide, and evidently a lot of non-manga-readers enjoyed it a lot. But season 2 was so insulting... Really, I can't even start to describe it. They butchered the source material and gave us a lame, badly constructed recap of the main end-game plot points. Oh, and they ended it on a powerpoint slider show that had details that anime-only fans would NEVER get. I seriously never seen any serious being done so dirty.

These are the ones that comes to my mind immediately, if I'll remember more I'd add them (but I'm not much of a manga person tbh so there might not be more lol).
    omg, I completely erased it from my mind and only remembered it now. I 100% AGREE with Promised Neverland. The anime started out good but it got WORST AND WORST as it went on.
    The ending has to be one of the worst in anime history, a freaking static image slideshow?! I did not understand any of it and I had to read the manga to figure out the ending.
    I don't understand why did they rush it this badly. I rather they tried to get the budget to have it made into an OVA or Movie or something along those lines than butcher the ending.

I got so mad with promised land I forgot to type my reply for Yona
    I heard Yona is really REALLY good. I'm definitely going to find the time to watch that as well and tbh I love odd stories like this!

Koi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mugi For This Useful Post:

TsUNaMy WaVe (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by mugi View Post
    omg, I completely erased it from my mind and only remembered it now. I 100% AGREE with Promised Neverland. The anime started out good but it got WORST AND WORST as it went on.
    The ending has to be one of the worst in anime history, a freaking static image slideshow?! I did not understand any of it and I had to read the manga to figure out the ending.
    I don't understand why did they rush it this badly. I rather they tried to get the budget to have it made into an OVA or Movie or something along those lines than butcher the ending.

I got so mad with promised land I forgot to type my reply for Yona
    I heard Yona is really REALLY good. I'm definitely going to find the time to watch that as well and tbh I love odd stories like this!
    Yona is so good honestly. Try when you can and read the manga too!

Also I thought about another one after all! lmao.
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn. The anime ended before the manga and had a lot of fillers, but we never got to see the 2-3 last arcs animated. I know that nowadays it's probably not realistic to hope it'll get another season, but seeing how old stuff gets revived lately I'm not losing hope!

I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

mugi (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Yona is so good honestly. Try when you can and read the manga too!

Also I thought about another one after all! lmao.
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn. The anime ended before the manga and had a lot of fillers, but we never got to see the 2-3 last arcs animated. I know that nowadays it's probably not realistic to hope it'll get another season, but seeing how old stuff gets revived lately I'm not losing hope!
    Oh yeah Hitman Reborn. Though I wasn't 100% happy with the manga's ending either but the amount of fillers the anime had just made me drop it.
    I really love the concept and the characters, just really sad they didn't do justice to the anime

With how fruits basket was revived and fully animated from start to the end, even with the prequels, I'm also hoping more old animes come back with a new season or a better remake

I was excited when shaman king was remade but I felt it didn't do as well as the original one
    Everything felt so rushed...and just not good overall.

Koi

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    24d 22h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    No Game No Life definitely needs a season 2!!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark_dragonz For This Useful Post:

mugi (07-04-2022),TsUNaMy WaVe (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Oh yeah Hitman Reborn. Though I wasn't 100% happy with the manga's ending either but the amount of fillers the anime had just made me drop it.
    I really love the concept and the characters, just really sad they didn't do justice to the anime

With how fruits basket was revived and fully animated from start to the end, even with the prequels, I'm also hoping more old animes come back with a new season or a better remake

I was excited when shaman king was remade but I felt it didn't do as well as the original one
    Everything felt so rushed...and just not good overall.
    Yeah the ending for Reborn's manga wasn't the best, but it still had a lot of cool parts I'm sad we never got to see animated! I'd be really happy to see a remake of it.
    Colonnello was probably my first anime husbando I love him so much and want to see more

And oof, yeah I heard that about Shaman King. I was meaning to watch the remake but I didn't get to yet. It's sad it wasn't as good as it could've been. Was it still better than the original anime at least?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

mugi (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_dragonz View Post
    No Game No Life definitely needs a season 2!!!
    Oh yes, that cliff hang they did....they did make the prequel though so I'm holding all hopes that a season 2 might come

Yeah the ending for Reborn's manga wasn't the best, but it still had a lot of cool parts I'm sad we never got to see animated! I'd be really happy to see a remake of it.
    Colonnello was probably my first anime husbando I love him so much and want to see more

And oof, yeah I heard that about Shaman King. I was meaning to watch the remake but I didn't get to yet. It's sad it wasn't as good as it could've been. Was it still better than the original anime at least?
    I didn't finished Reborn's manga, I just went to read the ending haha but I did hear the later arcs were really good.
    I would love a remake too It'll be refreshing to watch again! My fave character from Reborn is Cavallone Dino. I remember loving him so much I actually bought a dakimakura.

Shamn King's OG was much better As much as i love the updated animation and stuff, it was way too rush for me.

Koi

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I was going to say panty and stocking but that's for real happening and I'm in shock

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (07-06-2022),mugi (07-04-2022),TsUNaMy WaVe (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Oh yes, that cliff hang they did....they did make the prequel though so I'm holding all hopes that a season 2 might come

I didn't finished Reborn's manga, I just went to read the ending haha but I did hear the later arcs were really good.
    I would love a remake too It'll be refreshing to watch again! My fave character from Reborn is Cavallone Dino. I remember loving him so much I actually bought a dakimakura.

Shamn King's OG was much better As much as i love the updated animation and stuff, it was way too rush for me.
    Dino was great!!! I also really liked Basil and was so sad he barely got any screentime (':
    And whew, reading only the ending probably makes it even worse lol. Or not, I'm not sure. It was a long time since I read the manga (I read it as it was published) and I admit I don't remember the small details. But yeah the general feeling stayed with me!

And aww, that's so sad
    I might just do a rewatch of the original lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

mugi (07-04-2022)