Thanks
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    81d 7h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m
    Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    Haha yeah I feel you. Tbh I never even properly watched ATLA... I started it more than a several years ago, but got bored after like 10 eps and never continued. But LoK premise was so intriguing to me that I watched the first season when it's aired, but nothing after.
    I think I should just watch both of these properly soon lol.
    *splutters in disbelief* HOW DARE YOU! ATLA WAS MY CHILDHOOD!! (mid teens)
    SHAME ON YOU, SHAME ON YOUR COW!! You take that back!!

Special thanks to (you need an account to see links) for my adorable Ryu, and (you need an account to see links) for my galaxy pumpkin!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ismira For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (07-04-2022),Ice (07-04-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,160 times
    Time Online
    555d 4h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Oh damn, this thread is making me want to rewatch atla/lok, it's a bit late tonight, but maybe I'll start tomorrow!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    442 times
    Time Online
    64d 8h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismira View Post
    *splutters in disbelief* HOW DARE YOU! ATLA WAS MY CHILDHOOD!! (mid teens)
    SHAME ON YOU, SHAME ON YOUR COW!! You take that back!!
    Lmao I hear this from basically every person I ever tell this to. I'm so sorry but that's really how I felt back at the time
    ATLA started when I was a bit on the older side, during the time I gradually stopped watching TV and only watched anime on the internet... so yeah that might have something to do with it, I was just not in the right mind for it at the time. I should really give it another shot.

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

mugi (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    24d 22h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I absolutely love doing these quizzes! Lets see who I match...

Asami

You've got a fiercely independent streak, and you're constantly pushing yourself to be the best version of yourself. You're highly intelligent and determined to accomplish all the goals on your list. But you're also deeply kind, with a big heart and compassionate nature. What a combination!

Pretty sweet result!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    81d 7h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Oh damn, this thread is making me want to rewatch atla/lok, it's a bit late tonight, but maybe I'll start tomorrow!
    A splendid idea! I binge watched ATLA a few years ago while I grinding the AC. I use this time to catch up on shows/movies while grinding (I like to play legit lol) or re-watching some of my favourite movies/shows.

Special thanks to (you need an account to see links) for my adorable Ryu, and (you need an account to see links) for my galaxy pumpkin!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ismira For This Useful Post:

kittyray (07-04-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,160 times
    Time Online
    555d 4h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Lmao I hear this from basically every person I ever tell this to. I'm so sorry but that's really how I felt back at the time
    ATLA started when I was a bit on the older side, during the time I gradually stopped watching TV and only watched anime on the internet... so yeah that might have something to do with it, I was just not in the right mind for it at the time. I should really give it another shot.
    I was also on the older side for it (and I think you're a few years younger than me!), a couple of my friends watched it, but mostly people who had younger siblings, I think. I didn't watch it until the there-is-no-movie-in-ba-sing-se, which was sometime when I was in college. It's definitely worth a revisit. It's definitely child-friendly, but truly do believe most people can enjoy it because it really is wonderful storytelling.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

mugi (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    81d 7h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m
    PFFTT you're never too old for cartoons! I'm a 30-something year old and will die on this hill. NEVER!

I kid, I kid. I understand outgrowing things. I felt the same way about anime. Once I started uni, I didn't have the kind of leisure time to develop a lasting interest in a niche I wasn't too familiar with.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    442 times
    Time Online
    64d 8h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I was also on the older side for it (and I think you're a few years younger than me!), a couple of my friends watched it, but mostly people who had younger siblings, I think. I didn't watch it until the there-is-no-movie-in-ba-sing-se, which was sometime when I was in college. It's definitely worth a revisit. It's definitely child-friendly, but truly do believe most people can enjoy it because it really is wonderful storytelling.
    Haha yeah I'm saying "older" but that's because I feel like when I stopped watching TV and switched to streamed anime online was a big turning point in my childhood (teenhood?). But I have 3 younger siblings and all of them loved ATLA, so I got exposed to it a lot even without watching, so I guess I never felt the need to really go all in. And then when I tried, it just didn't catch me as the other things I was watching at the time (admittedly I was watching some anime that were totally not for my age back at the day...)
    I guess the first episodes might be still on the pilot-y side and not as catching as the rest of the series :thinking:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ismira View Post
    PFFTT you're never too old for cartoons! I'm a 30-something year old and will die on this hill. NEVER!

I kid, I kid. I understand outgrowing things. I felt the same way about anime. Once I started uni, I didn't have the kind of leisure time to develop a lasting interest in a niche I wasn't too familiar with.
    Haha it's not about cartoons at all! I am an anime and Disney addict lmao. It's just ATLA specifically that didn't catch me and I never tried again even though I know I should.

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Ismira (07-04-2022),kittyray (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Haha yeah I feel you. Tbh I never even properly watched ATLA... I started it more than a several years ago, but got bored after like 10 eps and never continued. But LoK premise was so intriguing to me that I watched the first season when it's aired, but nothing after.
    I think I should just watch both of these properly soon lol.
    I'm actually the same. I never watched ATLA...I tried but dropped it after a few episodes too.
    My husband has been trying to get me to pick it up again but I still haven't fully found the interest yet ^^;;

Koi

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mugi For This Useful Post:

TsUNaMy WaVe (07-04-2022)