42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 21h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    We are lucky to call a beautiful country full of nature home, yes! There are few places I would rather be! No matter where you find yourself in Canada, there is plenty to see and do. From coast to coast, mountain to mountain and lake to lake, there is something here for everyone!

We are also lucky to have many great Canadians out there in the world. And yes, I highly agree to the earlier sentiment of Mike Meyers being a great Canadian. Shrek AND Austin Powers? What more could one want in entertainment?

I am going to say though, that we need to do more to educate ourselves and honour the people who were here first: our Indigenous Canadians. This is not intended to be a debate nor political discussion, this is purely educational!
    (you need an account to see links) was June 21st, and (you need an account to see links) is September 30.

Action towards (you need an account to see links) can be taken every day by every single one of us.

Learn your local land acknowledgement and use it. Learn whose land you live on. Support Indigenous creators and their communities. Listen to their stories, songs and teachings, and take them to heart. Learn about, support and incorporate their culture where and when you can. Take joy in their music, dancing and celebrations. Recognize the impact the MMIWG has had and continues to have, and to give them the justice they deserve.
    Most of all? Lets help end the racism and hatred that Indigenous people often face.

There are tons of educational resources out there for all ages, from preschool age to adult. Here are some places to get started, these are mostly teen to adult based but kids stuff can be found too:

(you need an account to see links)

Have kids or are a teacher? Here are some age-appropriate and kid friendly resources to get started on learning and introducing Indigenous culture and topics:

Videos (spoilered below for post length/size)
    The word Indigenous - explained l CBC Kids News

What is reconciliation? | CBC Kids News

How to Powwow | CBC Kids

Cottonball Learns about Throat Singing | CBC Kids

Storytime: Raven Steals the Light

Remember that every child matters
    100% this! I went to Sask a few years back to visit a friend, and we went to Moose Jaw for their underground tours and shit. One of the most historic placed energies I've ever felt. Coming from the US, we don't really learn much about Canada's history, and it was really interesting to learn and experience this.

I've only ever been to Saskatchewan, and it was absolutely beautiful. Coming from the midwest in the US, it was basically like home. I spent time in Regina and Saskatoon, as well as spent a Canadian Thanksgiving (holy hell we drank too much), with their family.

One thing I didn't like, speed limits. Like, really? In the middle of nowhere, it was still 100 kph. After going ~150 kph in North Dakota, the fuckers across the boarder got me in no time. Spent a pretty penny on that ticket LOL.

Anyway, beautiful province, beautiful people, I cannot wait to explore more of it.

Thank you Hellraid <3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Charmander (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 5h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Happy Canada Day to my lovely Canadian friends!! β™₯

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Happy Canada Day!! I've never been but I'd love to go some day. It's a little touristy but I'd really love to see Niagara Falls. I know there's a ton of stunning national parks as well. Ontario has a slew of oddities and antiques shops that I could probably spend a whole trip visiting as well. One is called "Dead People's Stuff Antiques" and I have to go there and buy as many haunted things as I can fit in my suitcase. I think my favorite famous Canadians are Jim Cary, Elliot Page, and Keanu Reeves.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    Oh man you're brave in connecting through Toronto. I've heard nothing but nightmares in connecting and even starting your travels at that airport! I wish you all the luck on your upcoming flights! For some reason I thought curling was invented in Scottland lol thanks for teaching me something new with that! I did curling in Highschool Gym class it was lots of fun. I'm glad you enjoy the sport! Also for the northern lights you don't need to go too far north in Canada to see them. I get to be blessed with them in the fall! They are for sure more vibrant and active the the territories but if you time it right you don't have to go to the "nirth pole"
    Okay, so I did a quick Google and you're right, it was invented in Scotland haha! Maybe made popular in Canada?

Fingers crossed, I have had luck in Toronto so far! I flew direct in and out of Toronto about a month (?) ago to go to Greece. Coming back and going through customs in the Toronto airport was a bit of a nightmare, but I think that's common everywhere right now (I'm no world traveler by any means, so I don't have much to compare it too lol).

Thanks for tip about the northern lights!! That makes it seem much more easily achievable!

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

Charmander (07-01-2022),Cinnamoroll (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    447 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Happy Canada day!!! πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

I've been to Canda only once in my life, as part of a bigger trip to the US. We spent a couple of days in Canda, we went to see the Niagara falls ofc.

I do hope to one day visit Canda only and see a lot of places!

My favorite Canadian artist is Avril Lavigne

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    IΜΆ ΜΆwΜΆaΜΆnΜΆtΜΆ ΜΆtΜΆhΜΆeΜΆ ΜΆbΜΆaΜΆkΜΆaΜΆ ΜΆuΜΆsΜΆeΜΆrΜΆbΜΆaΜΆrΜΆ ΜΆvΜΆeΜΆrΜΆyΜΆ ΜΆmΜΆuΜΆcΜΆhΜΆ!ΜΆ I GOT IT!!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (07-01-2022),Charmander (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 7h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    HAPPY CANADA DAY TO MY FELLOW CANADIANS AND EVERYONE ELSE

it is a great day for canada and therefore the world!!!!!!!!! πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦οΏ½ οΏ½οΏ½πŸ‡¦

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    163d 9h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    Happy Canada Day!!

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    β™‘ Lyrichord β™‘

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    708 times
    Time Online
    83d 16h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    100% this! I went to Sask a few years back to visit a friend, and we went to Moose Jaw for their underground tours and shit. One of the most historic placed energies I've ever felt. Coming from the US, we don't really learn much about Canada's history, and it was really interesting to learn and experience this.

I've only ever been to Saskatchewan, and it was absolutely beautiful. Coming from the midwest in the US, it was basically like home. I spent time in Regina and Saskatoon, as well as spent a Canadian Thanksgiving (holy hell we drank too much), with their family.

One thing I didn't like, speed limits. Like, really? In the middle of nowhere, it was still 100 kph. After going ~150 kph in North Dakota, the fuckers across the boarder got me in no time. Spent a pretty penny on that ticket LOL.

Anyway, beautiful province, beautiful people, I cannot wait to explore more of it.
    I am not sure I have ever heard anyone refer to Moose Jaw or Regina as beautiful…. L O L

So if you think Saskatchewan is beautiful, oh man just wait until you see the rest of the country. It’s way better.

Also, our speed limits cap out at either 100 kmh or 110 kmh depending on the highway. If you were going 150kmh in ND, I suspect you were speeding… a quick Google told me ND speed highway speed limits range from 65-75 mph so that’s 105-120kmh. Be careful!

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    150d 1h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    I've been to Toronto once before and I was literally overwhelmed on how massive it was. That truly is the Big City! I'm loving seeing the movie and film industry using Canadian locations more and more! We are seeing more AB locations used as well. We just had an HBO show filmed in Edmonton last year. It is making me want to get HBO just to check it out!

I support your decision on Mike Myers! My like would not be the same without Austin Powers! Those movies still get me rolling in laughter! Another Canadian actor I cannot ignore is Ryan Reynolds! He's hilarious, handsome and also an amazing Philanthropist!

I do have a friend who has an AirB n B out in Novas Scotia! If you're interested let me know. She's currently selling the place but I believe is still taking openings!

That's so sad about Canuckle and what a day to end it on!
    thanks for that, GWN! it's nice to know at least. my mom is the one that wants to head there the most. so i guess there would be limited time in getting a spot! i'll have to see for sure and get back to you.

RR is a huge one i always forgot that he's canadian tho. sorry ryan lol.

what show did they film in Edmonton?

β™₯ Stardust β™₯ Lyrichord β™₯ TsUNaMy WaVe β™₯ Zenitsu β™₯

Pronouns
    πŸ«ŽπŸ¦«πŸπŸ’ she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    156d 23h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariealle View Post
    thanks for that, GWN! it's nice to know at least. my mom is the one that wants to head there the most. so i guess there would be limited time in getting a spot! i'll have to see for sure and get back to you.

RR is a huge one i always forgot that he's canadian tho. sorry ryan lol.

what show did they film in Edmonton?
    It's called The Last of Us. It's supposed to be the largest production in Canadian film history. It transformed some areas of our downtown into a post apocalyptic wasteland!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (07-01-2022)