222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 6h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    Oh man your poor friend in Winnipeg aka Winterpeg! That would have been quite the shock coming from Brazil! Your friend going to Victoria will definitely have a more mild winter than that. Typically those areas on the coast don't get much snow. I'm not from the area personally but I have been to Vancouver n the winter which is similar and it's mostly rainy and cool. I am sure their host family can guide them on what they will need for winter clothing.

I have also wanted to do those Alaskan tours up the BC coast ! It looks so beautiful. Well if you ever make it up here there's lots of us that can help you out!
    this friend that has been in Winnipeg he has arrived there a few months ago, it was definitely a shock for him, here in Brazil he used to live in the north east, which is the hottest region in Brazil, than he moved to south east (where I live) a couple years ago, but nothing compares to the change to such a cold place, but he is having a great time! And since he is student of a phd thing I think he is my age, so I'm not sure if he is living with a host family or roommates.
    The friend that is going to victoria is 16, she was designed her host family this week, they definitely seem to be really supportive and an amazing family.

And I'll definetly make a post here if I make it to Canada one day! The alaskan cruise is just something I really hope I can afford in the future, I made a couple of Caribbean cruises and they are such an amazing experience, but since I came back from the last one I'm watching YouTube videos of the alaskan ones xD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

Charmander (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    84d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Ohh I had no idea there was a Canada Day!! I went many years ago to Quebec to a little town called GaspΓ© iirc. I was fascinated with everyone's hospitality (and the cold!!!). Unfortunately I've arrived just after snow was melting.

Beautiful landscapes!! The circus, the art, the windmills, the forests, waterfalls... Me and a friend celebrated out birthdays there, wonderful memories.

I hope one day I could get to visit again and more of Canada

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Charmander (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Happy Canada Day! I haven’t had the pleasure to travel to Canada yet, but I’m so looking forward for it! I was supposed to go in 2021 but ya'now, the Rona hit and our flight was canceled 😭. My boyfriend has been there and only talks wonders about Victoria and their yummy burgers and excellent beer!

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

Pronouns
    πŸ«ŽπŸ¦«πŸπŸ’ she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trash Panda View Post
    Happy Canada Day! I haven’t had the pleasure to travel to Canada yet, but I’m so looking forward for it! I was supposed to go in 2021 but ya'now, the Rona hit and our flight was canceled 😭. My boyfriend has been there and only talks wonders about Victoria and their yummy burgers and excellent beer!
    Where in Canada were you going to visit!? Hopefully you have been able to rebook your trip!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    happy Canada day! i've only ever been to vancouver and niagra falls once when i was a kid; and as an adult i really want to take a trip to toronto, banff, and jasper national park!

ALSO IVE NEVER HAD POUTINE AND I REALLY WANT TO TRY IT!! fries + cheese curds + gravy? what's there NOT to like?!

Pronouns
    πŸ«ŽπŸ¦«πŸπŸ’ she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghastly View Post
    happy Canada day! i've only ever been to vancouver and niagra falls once when i was a kid; and as an adult i really want to take a trip to toronto, banff, and jasper national park!

ALSO IVE NEVER HAD POUTINE AND I REALLY WANT TO TRY IT!! fries + cheese curds + gravy? what's there NOT to like?!
    I would definitely recommend Jasper and Banff! So much to see and it's beautiful. If you're coming in Summer June is a nice time S the wildlife is everywhere and things are just opening up. The one downside is some lakes and trails don't open up until
    Towards the end of June and into July. Winter is also an amazing time come as well for skiing/snowboarding, snowshoeing and hiking!

True poutine with squeekers cheese is amazing!! I have never met a poutine I did not like. All that talk about poutine is making me hungry!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    Where in Canada were you going to visit!? Hopefully you have been able to rebook your trip!
    We were gonna go visit Victoria! I was so excited but oh well, things happen for a reason. We had our AirBnB booked for a cute place in Old Town.

We're already going to Mexico City in a couple of days but I'm hopeful we can save enough money to go next year! What would you say it's the best time to go on vacation?

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trash Panda For This Useful Post:

Charmander (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Happy Canada Day!!! I absolutely adore Canada. I only live about an hour and half away from Niagara Falls so I've visited quite a few times. In college we used to make the trek across the border so we could legally drink at 19 (we didn't need passports to cross the border yet). A few years ago, I picked up a friend from the Buffalo airport and we made a quick detour across the border to go zip lining at the falls. It was so random but also super fun. I've also been to Toronto a few times. Once as a kid (maybe 13?) with my grandma. We saw the Lion King play, visited a castle, and I had my first mussels! I went to Toronto again to see Childish Gambino perform at the Raptors arena (kind of funny, it was his This is America tour).

More recently, I've been hitting up Toronto to fly internationally. A direct flight to Scotland was half the price going out of Toronto compared to the major US airlines near me.

I took a curling lesson last year and I thought the teachers said it was invented in Canada. Thank you for that Canadians! It was so fun!

I'd love to visit Nova Scotia one day, it looks absolutely beautiful. I'd also like to head way up north, and try to catch the northern lights. A friend starting planning for us to go to a place you can only get to via charter plane, but classic COVID put the breaks on that. I can't remember the name of the location now...

It's around 32Β°C today for me today, but now all I can think about is making a delicious batch of poutine for dinner tonight.....

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

Charmander (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 13h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    We are lucky to call a beautiful country full of nature home, yes! There are few places I would rather be! No matter where you find yourself in Canada, there is plenty to see and do. From coast to coast, mountain to mountain and lake to lake, there is something here for everyone!

We are also lucky to have many great Canadians out there in the world. And yes, I highly agree to the earlier sentiment of Mike Meyers being a great Canadian. Shrek AND Austin Powers? What more could one want in entertainment?

I am going to say though, that we need to do more to educate ourselves and honour the people who were here first: our Indigenous Canadians. This is not intended to be a debate nor political discussion, this is purely educational!
    (you need an account to see links) was June 21st, and (you need an account to see links) is September 30.

Action towards (you need an account to see links) can be taken every day by every single one of us.

Learn your local land acknowledgement and use it. Learn whose land you live on. Support Indigenous creators and their communities. Listen to their stories, songs and teachings, and take them to heart. Learn about, support and incorporate their culture where and when you can. Take joy in their music, dancing and celebrations. Recognize the impact the MMIWG has had and continues to have, and to give them the justice they deserve.
    Most of all? Lets help end the racism and hatred that Indigenous people often face.

There are tons of educational resources out there for all ages, from preschool age to adult. Here are some places to get started, these are mostly teen to adult based but kids stuff can be found too:

(you need an account to see links)

Have kids or are a teacher? Here are some age-appropriate and kid friendly resources to get started on learning and introducing Indigenous culture and topics:

Videos (spoilered below for post length/size)
    The word Indigenous - explained l CBC Kids News

What is reconciliation? | CBC Kids News

How to Powwow | CBC Kids

Cottonball Learns about Throat Singing | CBC Kids

Storytime: Raven Steals the Light

Remember that every child matters

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Charmander (07-01-2022),Ghastly (07-01-2022),Teakwood (07-01-2022),Trash Panda (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    πŸ«ŽπŸ¦«πŸπŸ’ she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryFaerie View Post
    Happy Canada Day!!! I absolutely adore Canada. I only live about an hour and half away from Niagara Falls so I've visited quite a few times. In college we used to make the trek across the border so we could legally drink at 19 (we didn't need passports to cross the border yet). A few years ago, I picked up a friend from the Buffalo airport and we made a quick detour across the border to go zip lining at the falls. It was so random but also super fun. I've also been to Toronto a few times. Once as a kid (maybe 13?) with my grandma. We saw the Lion King play, visited a castle, and I had my first mussels! I went to Toronto again to see Childish Gambino perform at the Raptors arena (kind of funny, it was his This is America tour).

More recently, I've been hitting up Toronto to fly internationally. A direct flight to Scotland was half the price going out of Toronto compared to the major US airlines near me.

I took a curling lesson last year and I thought the teachers said it was invented in Canada. Thank you for that Canadians! It was so fun!

I'd love to visit Nova Scotia one day, it looks absolutely beautiful. I'd also like to head way up north, and try to catch the northern lights. A friend starting planning for us to go to a place you can only get to via charter plane, but classic COVID put the breaks on that. I can't remember the name of the location now...

It's around 32Β°C today for me today, but now all I can think about is making a delicious batch of poutine for dinner tonight.....
    Oh man you're brave in connecting through Toronto. I've heard nothing but nightmares in connecting and even starting your travels at that airport! I wish you all the luck on your upcoming flights! For some reason I thought curling was invented in Scottland lol thanks for teaching me something new with that! I did curling in Highschool Gym class it was lots of fun. I'm glad you enjoy the sport! Also for the northern lights you don't need to go too far north in Canada to see them. I get to be blessed with them in the fall! They are for sure more vibrant and active the the territories but if you time it right you don't have to go to the "nirth pole"