710 times
    Time Online
    157d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m

πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ’πŸ¦« Happy Canada Day! πŸ¦«πŸ’πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

(you need an account to see links)

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Today this country we call home turns 155 years old! So let's celebrate! What are some of your favourite placed to visit in Canada? If you haven't visited yet where would you like to visit? I'm sure our Canadian clraikians have some amazing suggestions! Do you have a favourite story about Canada's past or present that hits you in the feel? Let's hear it! Do you have a favourite Canadian actor, musician, artic etc? Who is it and why do they stand out to you? Or heck this is time ask the Canadians on the forum what the heck is a toque and what on earth is bagged milk!? On this special day to celebrate Canada's birthday share what Canada means to you!

This is the place to share all things πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦Canada!πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Please remember to follow our (you need an account to see links), especially the first two:

1) This section is for discussion of miscellaneous topics that do not fit into another site section. If another section (like Help, Neopets Chat, Movies/TV, Debate Zone etc.) suits your intended topic better, please post it there instead. The key word here is "discussion"- if it is not a topic that will generate meaningful discussion, it will be moved to SPAM. Posting a meme, for example, belongs in the SPAM section.

2) All posts in this section must be a minimum of 1 sentence long, and need to include an explanation of why. This is to encourage people to not only state their view on a topic, but to provide evidence/examples that support their opinions. For example: "My favourite breed of dog is dachshund, because they have such adorably silly little body shapes and are very affectionate."

I love the variety that Canada offers in regards to the different landscapes. You have the beautiful BC coast full of islands and boreal rainforest to the Rockies in Alberta; which I may be personally biased tok and have a strong desire to see AT LEAST once a year! To the flat prairies of Saskatchewan (Saskatchatoon), to the Polar Bears in Manitoba, amazing lakes in Ontario, Quebec....well you have poutine πŸ˜† and the beautiful Atlantic provinces with your amazing views and culture! One day I want to make it out east and take in those views!

On story that is relatively current that just screams to the type of people Canadians are is when 911 occured and all the plans had to be rerouted from NYC a lot of those planes were directed to a small airport in Gander Newfoundland and all the resident of that small Canadian town took the passengers of those flights into their homes and demonstrated some true east cost hospitality during a devastating event.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (07-01-2022),DarkSkies (07-01-2022),DrSloth (07-01-2022),Ghastly (07-01-2022),Hollow (07-01-2022),Ice (07-01-2022),morecoffeepls (07-01-2022),Teakwood (07-01-2022),TsUNaMy WaVe (07-01-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    150d 6h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    Happy Canada Day!

Favourite places to visit? possibly downtown Toronto, always gonna be #1. niagara falls is pretty chill most of the time when it's not filled with tourists (which is no complaint, come and see the falls!). montreal is really nice in the summer too, or even into quebec city. make sure to check it out in the winter so you can try some maple taffy! (syrup on snow on a stick.). favourite actor would be Mike Myers 10000000x over. where would we be without some austin powers??? i know the following is not canadian, but toronto and surround area has been hot spot for show productions lately (they're doing star trek here, some of su*cide squad was filmed here, umm.. jack reacher, and more, can't think rn), and adam sandler is in town so that's pretty cool in itself.

to share today, the last day of "(you need an account to see links)", the canadian version of Wordle. apparently they've run out of canadian words so today is the last day.

i've always wanted to go to bc, vancouver, victoria, for the scenes, the mountains, anything that isn't here lol. a change of pace, see what the other side looks like. in addition to, nova scotia has been on the list for a while. if anyone lives in these places, lemme know if they're worth the visit.

β™₯ Stardust β™₯ Lyrichord β™₯ TsUNaMy WaVe β™₯ Zenitsu β™₯

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    249 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I have never been to Canada, It's in my bucket list tho, I want to visit those beautiful lakes and wonderful landscapes. Not to mention all the historical places

Happy Canada day!

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    πŸ«ŽπŸ¦«πŸπŸ’ she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    157d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariealle View Post
    Happy Canada Day!

Favourite places to visit? possibly downtown Toronto, always gonna be #1. niagara falls is pretty chill most of the time when it's not filled with tourists (which is no complaint, come and see the falls!). montreal is really nice in the summer too, or even into quebec city. make sure to check it out in the winter so you can try some maple taffy! (syrup on snow on a stick.). favourite actor would be Mike Myers 10000000x over. where would we be without some austin powers??? i know the following is not canadian, but toronto and surround area has been hot spot for show productions lately (they're doing star trek here, some of su*cide squad was filmed here, umm.. jack reacher, and more, can't think rn), and adam sandler is in town so that's pretty cool in itself.

to share today, the last day of "(you need an account to see links)", the canadian version of Wordle. apparently they've run out of canadian words so today is the last day.

i've always wanted to go to bc, vancouver, victoria, for the scenes, the mountains, anything that isn't here lol. a change of pace, see what the other side looks like. in addition to, nova scotia has been on the list for a while. if anyone lives in these places, lemme know if they're worth the visit.
    I've been to Toronto once before and I was literally overwhelmed on how massive it was. That truly is the Big City! I'm loving seeing the movie and film industry using Canadian locations more and more! We are seeing more AB locations used as well. We just had an HBO show filmed in Edmonton last year. It is making me want to get HBO just to check it out!

I support your decision on Mike Myers! My like would not be the same without Austin Powers! Those movies still get me rolling in laughter! Another Canadian actor I cannot ignore is Ryan Reynolds! He's hilarious, handsome and also an amazing Philanthropist!

I do have a friend who has an AirB n B out in Novas Scotia! If you're interested let me know. She's currently selling the place but I believe is still taking openings!

That's so sad about Canuckle and what a day to end it on!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (07-01-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Happy Canada Day!!! I have never traveled to but I have a friend that is going for a exchange experience and considering if I might be able to visit her there! All I hear from here is amazing things about Canada and definitely a place I'll love visiting one day. This friend of mine will be staying in the Victoria area and all the things her host family is describing about their hobbies got her so excited to travel.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    πŸ«ŽπŸ¦«πŸπŸ’ she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    157d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSloth View Post
    Happy Canada Day!!! I have never traveled to but I have a friend that is going for a exchange experience and considering if I might be able to visit her there! All I hear from here is amazing things about Canada and definitely a place I'll love visiting one day. This friend of mine will be staying in the Victoria area and all the things her host family is describing about their hobbies got her so excited to travel.
    What an amazing experience for your friend! Victoria is a beautiful area! The best part ofnthat is your friend will escape of our true Canadian winter (if their exchange was taking them into winter). The winters in Victoria are mild and mostly rainy being on the coast.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

DrSloth (07-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her and he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    12d 2h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Happy Canada Day!!

I am currently taking part in the greatest Canada Day tradition, being stuck in traffic on the 401. I'm going to visit my dad to watch the small town parade that they have, which is the first time it is taking place since COVID.

If anyone wants recommendations for things to do and places to go in Toronto please let me know!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferengi For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (07-01-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Woo! Happy Canada Day!

I'm not from Canada, but I live in a state that borders the country (North Dakota). I've been to Canada twice now, more specifically Banff and the surrounding areas. (Winter & Summer)
    I plan to explore the middle to east side of Canada the next time(s) I travel again.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mawb For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (07-01-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    What an amazing experience for your friend! Victoria is a beautiful area! The best part ofnthat is your friend will escape of our true Canadian winter (if their exchange was taking them into winter). The winters in Victoria are mild and mostly rainy being on the coast.
    her exchange wil be from end of august till march if I'm not mistaken, don't know exactly the day she will get back but I know it will be 6 months. I'll definitly share that info with her! we being from Brazil we are already saying it will be a really different experience weather wise for her considering Brazil winter is around 6-19C on a winter day and super rarely going below that. She will definitely have to get some new clothing when arriving.
    And I have a friend that I met from Neo since 2008, we've met in person in 2020 and this year he has been studying in Canada too, he is in Winnipeg, I love watching the stories he posts <3

And everyone that I know that went to Canada has nothing but amazing things to say! Now that I'm remembering all the things people told me about Canada, the friends I made that are from Canada, you definitely made me super excited and put it in the top of the list of places I wanna visit one day. And a cruise starting in Canada going to Alaska is something I definitely want to do!! I have a friend that works on Royal Caribbean and he just moved from the Europpean cruises to the Alaska ones, such beautiful pics everyday.

Pronouns
    πŸ«ŽπŸ¦«πŸπŸ’ she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    157d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSloth View Post
    her exchange wil be from end of august till march if I'm not mistaken, don't know exactly the day she will get back but I know it will be 6 months. I'll definitly share that info with her! we being from Brazil we are already saying it will be a really different experience weather wise for her considering Brazil winter is around 6-19C on a winter day and super rarely going below that. She will definitely have to get some new clothing when arriving.
    And I have a friend that I met from Neo since 2008, we've met in person in 2020 and this year he has been studying in Canada too, he is in Winnipeg, I love watching the stories he posts <3

And everyone that I know that went to Canada has nothing but amazing things to say! Now that I'm remembering all the things people told me about Canada, the friends I made that are from Canada, you definitely made me super excited and put it in the top of the list of places I wanna visit one day. And a cruise starting in Canada going to Alaska is something I definitely want to do!! I have a friend that works on Royal Caribbean and he just moved from the Europpean cruises to the Alaska ones, such beautiful pics everyday.
    Oh man your poor friend in Winnipeg aka Winterpeg! That would have been quite the shock coming from Brazil! Your friend going to Victoria will definitely have a more mild winter than that. Typically those areas on the coast don't get much snow. I'm not from the area personally but I have been to Vancouver n the winter which is similar and it's mostly rainy and cool. I am sure their host family can guide them on what they will need for winter clothing.

I have also wanted to do those Alaskan tours up the BC coast ! It looks so beautiful. Well if you ever make it up here there's lots of us that can help you out!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

DrSloth (07-01-2022)