Thread: What movies have been better than the book they're based on?

Threaded View

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 9h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 32m

What movies have been better than the book they're based on?

So, we have books that are way better than the movies they're based on and I feel this is something that happens more often, that the movie doesn't live up to the book they're based on. Yesterday, I was looking at my bookshelf and a question popped in my mind, what about movies that have been better than the book?

My list isn't that long but I have some (in my opinion) books that didn't made it for me, however the movies are pretty good. These are my choices:

1. Jaws by Peter Benchley.

I don't like to talk bad about books but B O Y, this book is a mess. I had such a hard time reading it, and suddenly it was all about this person cheating on this other person and plots that were incredible boring. Give me the shark!!! My sister gifted me a used copy, I think she only paid $1 for it and I'm glad she didn't spend any more money.

2. Maze Runner by James Dashner.

I was never a big fan of books but I read them because my ex wanted me to. There's not much character growth, the plots are convenient and convoluted and the ending of the triology made me mad as hell. The movies are a-ok, they're more action paced and gives a more coherent plot line IMO than the books do.

3. Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton.

Ok, hear me out, I love all things Jurassic Park! The book's actually pretty interesting and I read it in one sitting. However, some of the characters in the book are incredible annoying and not at all as in the movie, and I think the characters have a lot more charisma in the movies. For me, the movie won over the book (at least the first one).

Do you have any movies you like better than the book they're based on?

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trash Panda For This Useful Post:

Alister (06-30-2022),Ismira (06-30-2022)