Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    42d 5h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    We don't have security unfortunately and a lot of it is by older people so its not taken as seriously. I am very touch averse due to sensory issues and trauma so it seems a lot of the time that im overreacting

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    87d 12h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I had a client book a Weekday special packages for a photography shoot last week. She said she is getting married in hte church office and that after the service they would then come over for the shoot. I said that is fine. My weekday packages CLEARLY stated 1-6 people. I asked her what time. She said the ceremony is at 14:00 so 15:00 would be good. I then told her that 15:00 is fine I will keep the next slot open because I know that these things might run late. So basically I then booked 15:00- 17:00 for her.
    SOn on the day. at my studio in 4 seperate cars 13 people arrive at 16:45 about! Like Really REALY! My studio is set up for 6 people. Loadshedding (rolling black-outs) is sceduled for 17:00 onwards. And this women just tells me... dont worry I will pay exstra.

Not only is my studio not setup for so many people. I now have to use battery power on a shoot because we wont have power. She was almost 2 hours late so she missed her time. I dont know. I took there photos HATED every second I had to edit. It was horrible. THe photos is not on my standard because the studio was not setup for so many people and I was basically having a panic attack the whole time and was extremely anxious.

I handed over her photos today. She better like them because I never want to see her again! Ever. Not on my PC screen or in person

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    It could also be a neurodivergent thing as well. Different brains process stuff in different ways, so needing to be verbal with your thoughts to figure things out is understandable in that case. Though I do really wish people would take up the programmer's strategy of speaking to a rubber duck or plushie or something instead of bothering someone with a silly question they could have figured out on their own.
    We should give them that idea! I agree totally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wandas View Post
    We don't have security unfortunately and a lot of it is by older people so its not taken as seriously. I am very touch averse due to sensory issues and trauma so it seems a lot of the time that im overreacting
    I dont think its your fault. I am glad your looking for a better job. Maybe you will find something way better. You deserve better!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

Druid (07-08-2022),dustyc (07-08-2022),Siebenschlaefer (07-07-2022),♥ Wandas ♥ (07-07-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    I honestly think this is a extrovert thing. I myself am a intorvert so feel free to tell me if I am wrong. But people that are way to extroverted can't seems to process stuff if they have not verbalised them . Your story seem to just show that once again. Like I feel that with my booking form. I get people that also feel they have to phone. Like really could you not put that in a text. I hate it when people phone me and make something that should have taken 2 seconds take like 30 minutes because they have to verbally hear themselves talk about it.
    I’m suuuuper extroverted, but it’s more about what’s draining vs what recharges you than it is about getting other people involved in thought processes. I don’t like being alone very often and it tires me out, but processing-wise it puts me SO in my head that I usually come out with all kinds of new thoughts/plans/interests/whatever to tell people about. If I have a big decision to make or something I’ll absolutely be talking it through with friends as much as possible, but my instinct is still very much to avoid bothering people, especially in like a formal phone call scenario. I could maybe see something like asking the girlfriend if it the form looks right, but no matter how much I love interaction the idea of asking a stranger to collaborate with me to fill out a form fills me with dread haha

Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    It could also be a neurodivergent thing as well. Different brains process stuff in different ways, so needing to be verbal with your thoughts to figure things out is understandable in that case. Though I do really wish people would take up the programmer's strategy of speaking to a rubber duck or plushie or something instead of bothering someone with a silly question they could have figured out on their own.
    Yeah there are so many different kinds of divergence that I could see one of those being a factor. Making a phone call just seems like such a STEP, you know? Talking aloud to yourself/a pet/an object/whoever’s around feels natural, jumping from that to “I need real input from a professional” is what loses me.

For a sec I was like “hmm what new story should I add to this” but that question answers itself - I’m currently on a bus heading way across town to a location I don’t work at to help out with a private party. Why? This customer initially estimated 10-12 guests, confirmed a week ago that they were expecting 10-12 guests, and then yesterday when asked to confirm the exact number for set up was like “19, see you tomorrow!” so suddenly there weren’t enough staff scheduled

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (07-08-2022),phantasia (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Oh lawd I don't even want to read this thread because in shame I recently just asked the employee at Fedex for the manager (because I wanted to lodge a complaint with Fedex procedure, not the employee, which I made clear) and she sassed me and told me she didn't know her manager's name. It's been a WEEK and I still think about it because it made me embarrassed to even ask for the manager at all (plus all this calling people Karens).

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I worked at a big retail chain for 4-5 years so I've had plenty of customer interactions, but this is the one that I remember best, lol.

I was on register one night when a guy wanted to make a return, but I wasn't able to do it because of our return policy. He tried to argue with me on it, but I told him it was the store policy and I couldn't do anything about it. He then told me he was going to call corporate to complain about me (I was young and shy and terrified of getting in trouble at the time, so I wasn't even being snarky or giving him an attitude- he just didn't like that I couldn't change the store policy for him, LOL). He asked for my name so I gladly told him and even pointed out my name badge to him, I knew I was right and hadn't done anything wrong so I couldn't get in trouble for anything, I was just sort of over it. He left the store and me and my coworker just had a quick laugh about it and didn't expect to see him again. But to our surprise, he actually walked back in about 15 minutes later and came back to tell me that he called corporate and they confirmed that what I told him was right, so I did nothing wrong, and he actually apologized. I guess props to him for actually coming back to apologize for being wrong but also...just don't be that asshole customer in the first place!
    Custom Userbar made by (you need an account to see links)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

Druid (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Customer on the phone: hi I'm trying to reserve some spots online but the discount code isn't working
    Me: oh that's weird! are you sure there were no typos or anything when you entered it?
    Customer: I have to enter it?

ma'am

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

dustyc (07-10-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

these are from the same number, I answered both, it was the same guy asking the same question verbatim. was he just like, hoping someone else would answer the second time and I was lying before???

not one with grey area either - literally just whether we have another class tonight (the answer both times was "no our last one ends at 6")

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I insinuated it during my entire high school years, and I still say it often today: working in retail should be a required course in high school, maybe like around Grade 11 or 12 depending on the country's minimum working age.

"Customers" who have never gone through it seem to have little to no reservation in becoming entitled, uncaring and/or straight up inhumane. People seem to think that because a business is not their property, they are welcome to act and speak however they please. I remember a parent who literally left their child (under 10 years old) in the toys section of the Target I worked at. I found him looking a bit lost while working, and when we got security to phone the parents, they begrudgingly returned and picked him up. Security politely informed them that leaving such a young child unattended is insanely risky, and the parents literally started angrily telling Security not to tell them how to parent their child. People can be deplorable, and there does need to be a line. Same thing goes for anything threatening, verbal or physical.

I directed calls for work for a little bit, and an irate customer demanded to know my name. We usually give the name anyways when we pick up, but then he literally said he was coming to our store and for me to watch my back. Nothing came of it, but yeah, customers are absolutely not always right.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HiroiSekai For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (08-22-2022),Druid (08-23-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    I have a funny one from my actual job.

That week I was on watch working with calm when I got a message about a computer going crazy alone, just selecting a writing field would make the numbers change at incredible speed.

Anyway at first I thought the touch was compromised because sometimes ppl tend to eat or drink near the screens and whatever so I just sent reboot coz didn't want to waste time. Machine reboots and same problem.

I got the phone to talk directly to the person with the problem:

Me: "Alright so I see we have something overwritting there. Do you have any keyboard attached?"

Person: "No, no keyboard at all" (which was fair because I knew some machines are exclusively touch)

Me: "But are you sure? Could you give it a second look? A mouse, keyboard...?"

Person: "No! There's not... (10 seconds of silence). It's all good lady, there was a keyboard smashed onto the ground. Thank you!"

Well if it happes, it happens.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3