Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Worked in a Mexican restaurant once.

Customer: *orders the enchilada*
    Customer: Waiter, there's something wrong with this enchilada, I don't like it and I demand a refund.
    Me: *calls manager over*
    Manager: Okay, we will comp that away for you. *proceeds to clear the plate*
    Customer: Oh it's okay, you can just leave the plate here.
    Customer: *continues to eat and finish the enchilada as manager and I watch through the window*
    Me: wtf is wrong with that customer
    Manager: nvm... there're always people like that.

Fuck customers like that.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Druid (06-30-2022),dustyc (07-08-2022),Trash Panda (06-30-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 8h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    YES. Oh lord, I used to work at a law office and damn, most of the clients always showed up with the most entitled attitude they could. This one time I was with this lady, and I was asking for a list of documents they're supposed to hand to us. Everything was fine until I asked her for a signed form she was supposed to bring and she acted all surprised I was asking for that form, being that -according to her- I hadn't told her she was going to need it. I was so confused because I always ask for the clients to bring the signed form.

Luckily, she had a folder infront of me where she was carrying the documents and on one side of the folder was the UNSIGNED form I gave to her last time we had met, and on top of that it had the fucking post-it with my handwriting indicating were the signature was supposed to go. Her face was priceless when I pointed that out.

I get she could forgot to bring it, but why lie? Just tell me you forgot and bring it back later, it's fine. But no, of course the fault had to be mine

I really don't miss working with clients/customer support.

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trash Panda For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-07-2022),Druid (07-04-2022),dustyc (07-08-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    how can i download money tree grabber? sorry i posted

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    One story I have is when a customer once told me she was going to "meet me in the parking lot when your shift is over"
    All because I didnt let her cut in line...

The second she said those words, my lead came in, got security and the customer lost her Annual Pass right there lol
    (This was at a Disney Park)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Druid (07-04-2022),dustyc (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    I. Hate. Customer. Service.

I have lots of stories to tell, but this one was the worst so far:

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

Druid (07-04-2022),dustyc (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Restaurant.

Lady and her friend have finished eating.
    Me: "Oh , are you finished? Was everything alright? "
    Her: "No, my Pizza was way too soft *sighs*"
    Me: "Oh no, I'm sorry! I mean it's too late now, but if there's gonna be a next time, you can for sure order it to be 'ben cotta' or tell me if you notice, so we can either get you a new one or put it back into the oven a couple minutes."
    Her: "Ah, you know, I've been here multiple times, and it's always been an issue. I don't think you'll get it right."
    Me, trying very hard to not ask her why the fuck she's eating Pizza she knows she doesn't like in a place for 5 years straight. Like what the heck.
    Me: "Oh, well, is there anything else I could do for you?"
    Her: "No thank you, we're good."
    Later, when she paid, she left a 5€ tip.

????????????????????
    I still don't get it at all but I cannot complain about this one I guess.
    - Call me Sieben -

Might struggle with social interactions and language barriers occasionally, please bare with me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Siebenschlaefer For This Useful Post:

dustyc (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Menine View Post
    I. Hate. Customer. Service.

I have lots of stories to tell, but this one was the worst so far:

While my experience wasn't nearly as awful as that, this sounds a lot like people not accomodating to Covid Laws in 2020/21. I don't know why some people feel like they're the ones that will pay for your entire business.
    I literally had people call to ask about Covid Rules and if they could eat when they only had 1 Vax or the Vax wasn't 2 weeks old yet and one lady just said at the phone:
    "Well YOU are the ones who want to earn money, not me."
    And I'm like:
    Lady, you are aware that the fee for getting caught violating the regulations are in the thousands, and that's not covering the loss we'd have for closing the store for a couple weeks?!
    - Call me Sieben -

Might struggle with social interactions and language barriers occasionally, please bare with me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Siebenschlaefer For This Useful Post:

Menine (07-08-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    42d 5h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    48m
    I've been touched and grappled at so many times by customers that I feel like I can't work customer/food service ever again.

I filed my two weeks a few days ago hopefully I can find something in my field

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wandas For This Useful Post:

dustyc (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    378 times
    Time Online
    88d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    I've worked in customer service for a long time and I have all these stories I love to horrify friends with, but that I've never put online because the more anxious side of me is worried they could get recognizable somewhere public like reddit. ck feels like the perfect middle ground, and I thought this would be a fun thread that a lot of us can contribute to! The interaction that made me think to make this is actually pretty innocuous, but I'll get the ball rolling with it to keep the OP shortish then come back with some more Dramatic ones.

My current job has nightly public events that people can register online for. The specific phrasing on the registration page is "[price] per guest" and the little quantity box says "number of guests". A guy called today like,

"hey, I'm registering me and my girlfriend for tomorrow night and I just had a question...."
    me: "sure!"
    "it says quantity: 2...."
    "......"
    "is that right?"
    "for you and your girlfriend? yeah perfect!"
    "oh. okay. so...... should I put her name?"
    "um, yeah so in the boxes that ask for each guests' name, it'd be one for yours and one for hers"
    "......."
    "I mean you don't have to, if you leave them blank we'll just mark you down as whatever name you use to pay plus one"
    ".......so hers and mine?"
    "yeah if you want!"
    "oh, ok. thanks."

and I've just been struggling to figure out what part of that registration page made him go "nah I should call to make sure." He didn't sound like, anxious or anything, his tone was very "hello I have found a mistake." ???? two is the right number sir idk
    I honestly think this is a extrovert thing. I myself am a intorvert so feel free to tell me if I am wrong. But people that are way to extroverted can't seems to process stuff if they have not verbalised them . Your story seem to just show that once again. Like I feel that with my booking form. I get people that also feel they have to phone. Like really could you not put that in a text. I hate it when people phone me and make something that should have taken 2 seconds take like 30 minutes because they have to verbally hear themselves talk about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siebenschlaefer View Post
    Restaurant.

Lady and her friend have finished eating.
    Me: "Oh , are you finished? Was everything alright? "
    Her: "No, my Pizza was way too soft *sighs*"
    Me: "Oh no, I'm sorry! I mean it's too late now, but if there's gonna be a next time, you can for sure order it to be 'ben cotta' or tell me if you notice, so we can either get you a new one or put it back into the oven a couple minutes."
    Her: "Ah, you know, I've been here multiple times, and it's always been an issue. I don't think you'll get it right."
    Me, trying very hard to not ask her why the fuck she's eating Pizza she knows she doesn't like in a place for 5 years straight. Like what the heck.
    Me: "Oh, well, is there anything else I could do for you?"
    Her: "No thank you, we're good."
    Later, when she paid, she left a 5€ tip.

????????????????????
    I still don't get it at all but I cannot complain about this one I guess.
    What this one is really mind boggling. If she already knows that is a problem maybe she should state that next time and you can fix it before she eats it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wandas View Post
    I've been touched and grappled at so many times by customers that I feel like I can't work customer/food service ever again.

I filed my two weeks a few days ago hopefully I can find something in my field
    Good luck. Thats horrible and it is totally unacceptable. It's harassment is not. How can people think that is ok? Can't you get security. I just cant believe people just get away with this.

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    I honestly think this is a extrovert thing. I myself am a intorvert so feel free to tell me if I am wrong. But people that are way to extroverted can't seems to process stuff if they have not verbalised them . Your story seem to just show that once again. Like I feel that with my booking form. I get people that also feel they have to phone. Like really could you not put that in a text. I hate it when people phone me and make something that should have taken 2 seconds take like 30 minutes because they have to verbally hear themselves talk about it.
    It could also be a neurodivergent thing as well. Different brains process stuff in different ways, so needing to be verbal with your thoughts to figure things out is understandable in that case. Though I do really wish people would take up the programmer's strategy of speaking to a rubber duck or plushie or something instead of bothering someone with a silly question they could have figured out on their own.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

dustyc (07-08-2022),phantasia (07-07-2022)