24/0
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

Cool Your drink of choice?

I'm an anthropologist doing a study on the history and consumption of alcohol and it has me thinking about cocktails!

So, I have to ask. What is your drink of choice? What's your go to and why?

I might have some fun facts and tidbits to share but really I just want to have a chat about what wets your whistle!

I'm going for the Southside this week, a gin cocktail with prohibition ties and a recipe dating back to 1917!

Disclaimer: None of this information will be used on an academic basis, this is not me doing research, just wanting the talk about what's on my brain lately with the coolest cats I know.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nameless Ghoul For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (06-25-2022),EnderTheory (07-05-2022),Ferengi (06-24-2022),Rebel_Minx (05-16-2023),Siebenschlaefer (06-25-2022),Teakwood (06-25-2022),Zenitsu (06-24-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I don't drink very often but my preference depends on my mood/the mood.

In my books, you can't go wrong with a good gin & tonic.
    I recently had a blackcurrant gin cocktail with pomegranate sparking wine and some other stuff (would have to look up the recipe) and it was dangerously delicious, even as someone who doesn't prefer overly sweet things.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Nameless Ghoul (06-24-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 42m
    My goto drink is a gin & tonic (or if feeling spicy a redbull vodka)
    if I'm really wanting a stiffer drink I'll probably go with a martini with lots and lots of olives
    Gin is my favorite for mixed drinks, esp if paired with citrus or anything botanical like elderflower!

If I'm drinking beer it's sours, brown ales, and stouts for me (especially if they are super rich haha)
    If I'm going hard it's tequila and fireball!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I have a bunch of different go-tos for different circumstances! What I mainly buy to drink at home/with friends is seasonal more than anything,
    - winter is red wine (usually like a shiraz? but I like trying different ones)
    - summer is beer/cider. I say both bc I'll pick up one each of whatever cans jump out at me haha. Overall my main beer is any kind of stout, but I like mixing it up a lot and other faves are sours/goses, ambers, IPAs, wheats..
    - if I'm at a bar I'll usually get rye & gingers (or beer again, depending on the mood)
    - when I was at a job with free access to a full bar my "house drink" was 2 amaretto 2 sour, which is 2 amaretto sours in a tall glass lmao

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    If I want something light I usually go for a gin and tonic, otherwise I like a good manhattan or old fashioned.

If I'm out some place that has a specialty menu, I usually like to try something new and interesting.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her and he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    12d 1h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    My favourite is prosecco with pomegranate juice/seeds! It's sweet and bubbly and fruity and it feels celebratory - I don't drink too often so it always feels like an indulgence.

I also love bourbon, and if I'm at a cool bar or restaurant with specialty cocktails, I'll usually choose one of the bourbon drinks. I especially love it when they mix fresh herbs, florals, or interesting fruit juices/garnishes into a bourbon drink. Again, it feels fancy and special.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferengi For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    I like sweety and frutal beverages. I love Daiquiris specially the strawberry flavor. Besides that I'm most into vodka or whisky with no particular recipe in mind.

Always down for an interesting vibrant new color drinking tho

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (07-05-2022),Nameless Ghoul (06-24-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    I don't drink very often but my preference depends on my mood/the mood.

In my books, you can't go wrong with a good gin & tonic.
    I recently had a blackcurrant gin cocktail with pomegranate sparking wine and some other stuff (would have to look up the recipe) and it was dangerously delicious, even as someone who doesn't prefer overly sweet things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndoom View Post
    My goto drink is a gin & tonic (or if feeling spicy a redbull vodka)
    if I'm really wanting a stiffer drink I'll probably go with a martini with lots and lots of olives
    Gin is my favorite for mixed drinks, esp if paired with citrus or anything botanical like elderflower!

If I'm drinking beer it's sours, brown ales, and stouts for me (especially if they are super rich haha)
    If I'm going hard it's tequila and fireball!
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    If I want something light I usually go for a gin and tonic, otherwise I like a good manhattan or old fashioned.

If I'm out some place that has a specialty menu, I usually like to try something new and interesting.
    All you gin folks, you're my people!! I can't ever refuse a good gin, one of the places local to me serves a Gin cocktail with smoked lavender foam and it's honestly to die for. Gin neat with blackberry syrup is incredible too while I'm thinking about it.

Did you know that Gin originally was celebrated for it's medicinal properties, it's been claimed to cover so many things it's very nearly under the cure-all category. Pliny the Elder (our boy, to the Sawbones fans) claimed it was perfect for ails of the womb? Who knows what he's on about. I'm not certain about Gin as a medicine, but the juniper that it's based on does seem to have some curative properties so maybe there's something to it. It's also experienced a recent renaissance after losing popularity with the younger public in the 1900s since it was seen as a drink of "the Establishment", can't blame them, I'm always ready to fight the man.

To others;
    A rye ginger sounds delicious and I think I'm going to have to have one.

Also, Prosecco has such strong summer vibes to me that the pomegranate really lend to, I bet it's delicious!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nameless Ghoul For This Useful Post:

Druid (06-25-2022),Houndoom (06-25-2022),kittyray (06-25-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    92d 1h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Nice, I love Anthropology Really wish I would've made that my second major at university.

I like straight vodka with flavored carbonated water afterward. If I want to stay awake I mix vodka with the flavored water and put some Mio or Gfuel in there for a caffeine boost.
    Sometimes when I'm out I'll order a whiskey sour. Those things are delicious.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I actually hate gin. Reminds me too much of pine needles, and if I wanted to drink a pine tree, I'd date a lumberjack.

I'm a whiskey neat, three fingers kinda guy.
    If it's not that, I want a sour beer. But that's a very rare occasion for me haha.

Thank you Hellraid <3