Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m

Shadowhuntee Intro

Hello all!

I've been fairly active in the AC cup team forum, and you've probably seen me around asking a ton of questions about the various bots, programs, and scripts I've been using... but I've failed to properly introduce myself until now.

I'm shadowhuntee. I'm in my 30s with 2 kids. Didn't play neopets for about 15 years. Basically throughout college, med school, and residency (yes, my wife and I are both doctors). But not really because of what you'd assume; it wasn't so I could focus on my studies. I was frozen on neopets in early 2007. And I wasn't cheating at that time. I had a fairly large mall, a very high stat (at that time, at least) pet, and a very expensive BD set. Neopets had been a huge part of my life for about 6 years prior to that day. And when I was frozen, I quit.

Recently, decided to re-explore the site after a rush of nostalgia. And have really enjoyed my time back. But with life now what it is with me 15 years older, I don't really have the time to put into playing legitimately and also am still quite bitter about my main account getting frozen 15 years ago... so here I am automating my neopets existence to live out some childhood dreams, at least until I get bored of it and/or get frozen again.

So far, I am quite enjoying my time back on neopets and here at clraik. And hopefully some time in the near future I will have surpassed everything I once had and begin living out my childhood dreams (which consists basically of having a WODF and an I-Staff, plus rebuilding the rest of my old BD set to go with them with a full healer, a 100% freeze, and some other oddities). I don't care at all about UC pets, as conversion didn't yet exist the last time I played. And I don't particularly care about any newer BD items that have come out over the past 15 years (although that might change once I accomplish my current goals).

My biggest hope is for a new neopets war to occur and for my pet and BD set to be ready by that point. At which point, I will participate fully and then likely ride out my neo career into the sun. Until then, I look forward to hanging out with all of you. And please feel free to ask me any questions. My hours online are sporadic, but I am typically online (and on clraik) at least once a day

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shadowhuntee For This Useful Post:

cornishwall (07-24-2022),DarkSkies (06-20-2022),EnderTheory (06-20-2022),Evangelion (06-20-2022),Teakwood (06-22-2022),Zenitsu (06-20-2022)

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    229 times
    Time Online
    65d 2h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Hey shadowhuntee, welcome to the forums!

I'm really glad to see someone else who's into the Battledome side of Neo. I am a huge fan too.
    As for your frozen main, it could be worth a shot appealing the ban, I know some people here, as well as Neofriends on-site have had success with that.

Goodluck with achieving your goal of completing the BD set, and training up a BD pet.
    I'm sure you'll find tools, resources, or guides here to help you get closer to your goals.

Of course, if all else fails, we have a marketplace where you can just buy the pet and items you need

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawn For This Useful Post:

shadowhuntee (06-20-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    8d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Heya Shadow, welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about your old main account becoming frozen I wish you the best of luck pursuing your old BD sets/items!

I was never into the BD as a kid, but I've gotten a lot more into it since then and really enjoy it/farming items from it.

Garfunkle the Ryu
    Thank you honeycomb for the wonderful Garf!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EnderTheory For This Useful Post:

shadowhuntee (06-28-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 14h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Thanks for introducing yourself and for wanting to interact more with the community!

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    84d 6h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Hi Shadow welcome to ck!! I'm sorry about your account, have you tried asking to staff about it? I know they have been returning accs.

Besides that I believe you'll find easier to get the BD equipment you want here. Many returning players are adults with responsabilities and less free time, so I understand your point about achieving your neogoals without dealing with long time and the lately awful neo inflation.

A war plot sounds very exciting, I know TNT is working in 2 or 3 plots. Hopefully they will surprise us!!

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her and he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    12d 2h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Welcome shadow!! Your story is familiar to me, having been frozen without cheating back in the day. I'm also hoping for another war someday! Here's hoping you enjoy the Neo nostalgia and make lots of friends on clraik.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferengi For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Thanks everyone! I actually did get my old account back, but they completely wiped all of my items and reset my shop to 0. It's basically just a shell with my trophies and my pet, but a shell I am nonetheless building back up.

And I am very happy to be reunited with my pet, although he is just a BD pet now (after the game existing for 22 years and training being much easier now than it once was) versus being a very elite one back in 2005 -06 - early 07 lol

If a war plot never comes, its not like my hopes are too high. I participated in the most iconic wars, despite not playing for 15 years. When I came back, I expected to find a modernized game and to read about all the great wars that I missed... only to (somewhat sadly) learn that I got to experience the main ones and that not really much on that side of the game occurred for the past15 years. But hey, they sure seem to have broken the BD with this "new" beta version that has been in beta for a decade

But if a war does come, that'll be my perfect sendoff and kinda right the wrong of being frozen (since even if I did play for the past 15 years, I'd more or less still have been waiting for the "next" war that whole time and end right at the same point if it ever did come)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    443 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Hey Shadowhuntee, welcome to ck!
    I'm glad to hear you got your og account back! Good luck building it back up!

Hope to see you around the forums ^~^

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowhuntee View Post
    Hello all!

I've been fairly active in the AC cup team forum, and you've probably seen me around asking a ton of questions about the various bots, programs, and scripts I've been using... but I've failed to properly introduce myself until now.

I'm shadowhuntee. I'm in my 30s with 2 kids. Didn't play neopets for about 15 years. Basically throughout college, med school, and residency (yes, my wife and I are both doctors). But not really because of what you'd assume; it wasn't so I could focus on my studies. I was frozen on neopets in early 2007. And I wasn't cheating at that time. I had a fairly large mall, a very high stat (at that time, at least) pet, and a very expensive BD set. Neopets had been a huge part of my life for about 6 years prior to that day. And when I was frozen, I quit.

Recently, decided to re-explore the site after a rush of nostalgia. And have really enjoyed my time back. But with life now what it is with me 15 years older, I don't really have the time to put into playing legitimately and also am still quite bitter about my main account getting frozen 15 years ago... so here I am automating my neopets existence to live out some childhood dreams, at least until I get bored of it and/or get frozen again.

So far, I am quite enjoying my time back on neopets and here at clraik. And hopefully some time in the near future I will have surpassed everything I once had and begin living out my childhood dreams (which consists basically of having a WODF and an I-Staff, plus rebuilding the rest of my old BD set to go with them with a full healer, a 100% freeze, and some other oddities). I don't care at all about UC pets, as conversion didn't yet exist the last time I played. And I don't particularly care about any newer BD items that have come out over the past 15 years (although that might change once I accomplish my current goals).

My biggest hope is for a new neopets war to occur and for my pet and BD set to be ready by that point. At which point, I will participate fully and then likely ride out my neo career into the sun. Until then, I look forward to hanging out with all of you. And please feel free to ask me any questions. My hours online are sporadic, but I am typically online (and on clraik) at least once a day
    Welcome to the community!

It sounds like we are perfect for you here at cK. I can already tell that you'd fit in well, relating to many other members here with similar interests.

You're actually one of the few "newer" members we accepted into our AC team. It was a good choice as well!

As a fellow BD-er, I can appreciate those goals you have. They are not out of reach, especially with the info you may learn here.

See you around ~
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

17. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Yes!! Thank you for accepting me onto the team!

I thought for sure I wouldn't be accepted since I had joined the forum only like 2 weeks earlier and the application thread warned that newer members and those who are only infrequently active wouldn't be accepted. And then I was shocked to get the message that I'd made the cut.

I didn't really know what to expect, but Team CK has far exceeded my expectations and been a ton of fun. So much fun that it'll probably serve as an anchor for me to stay and be active the next 11 months (as I don't want to miss the cut next year!)
    “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
    —Winnie the Pooh

19. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowhuntee For This Useful Post:

j03 (06-28-2022)