Thread: Late introduction: Hi, I'm Rokon!

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m

Late introduction: Hi, I'm Rokon!

(I was a member of "the other place" for the longest time. You might maybe recognize a certain Butterfree-themed member if you were there previously. So hello if you do! Also hit me up if you remember me, I miss you all dearly.)

I've been a member here for a short while, but I never made a formal introduction post due to wanting to get a feel for the forums before I opted to stick my neck out a bit more, as it were. The culture here is mildly different from what I am used to, so I wanted to ensure I didn't make any missteps and was able to integrate in with the community smoothly. Apologies for any coldness/aloofness that may have resulted from that.

---

As for myself. Neopets has been part of my life since practically the beginning of the site's inception. I've seen it all and been through pretty much everything. I didn't start looking into "cheating" and automation until around 2007, after being fed up with getting left behind or feeling like the little bit of time I could sink into the site wouldn't be worth anything. Funnily enough, after moving to the dark side as it were, my bond with the site strengthened as suddenly the amount of fun I was having rose significantly. Amazing how that works.

I am a digital artist, though due to a recognizable style I am very careful about what I post where. It's been a challenge trying to change up how I work so that I can potentially participate in contests and events here on the forums, but I do very much want to jump into that side of things as well.

I also really, really, really adore Pokémon. Everything about it. The merch, the games, the anime. If you get me going on about it I promise you I will not shut up for hours.

From here on I do really hope to spend a lot of time here. You all have been amazingly friendly thus far and I can't wait to make friends and potentially lasting memories based around Neopets as we watch where the site and its team goes in the future.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

kittyray (06-19-2022),Rachy Queen (06-19-2022),Shawn (06-19-2022),Slowpoke (06-20-2022),Zenitsu (06-19-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    443 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Hey Rokon, and a late welcome to ck!
    I can totally relate to how cheating makes Neopets more fun... I think it's because the reward you get for achieving stuff legit is minuscule in proportion to how much effort you need to put in, which makes it not fun.
    Anyway, hope to see you around the forums!

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Serebii (06-19-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her and he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    12d 2h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Welcome Rokon (even though you have definitely been here longer than I have!)

It was really nice hearing your story about being with Neopets from the beginning, and I'm really looking forward to seeing your art around cK!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferengi For This Useful Post:

Serebii (06-19-2022)

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 9h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Hey Rokon! Welcome aboard.
    it's always nice to see members appearing from the shadows because they decided it's time to join the community in a more active way and more if they're artists like you!
    Really excited to see some art you made soon on our GFX section! <3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Evangelion For This Useful Post:

Serebii (06-19-2022)

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    229 times
    Time Online
    65d 2h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Hey Rokon welcome to the forums! Glad you decided to take the leap and introduce yourself, always great to have more actively participating members here.

It's a pity that you wouldn't be able to share the full awesomeness of your digital art here due to your distinct style, but I'm sure you'll find a way to participate in art-related events here in the future! I'll be keeping a look out!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawn For This Useful Post:

Serebii (06-19-2022)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes. I really can't wait to be more involved with the community as time goes on.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

j03 (06-28-2022)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    A late welcome, but happy to have you join our community, @(you need an account to see links)!

We appreciate you taking your time to settle in - something that's recommended for any online community, especially if it's as established as ours!

It sounds like you are fitting in well here. I'm confident enough to say that we have enough content to keep you interested, and then some...

See you around ~
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

14. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Serebii (06-28-2022)