8/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Red face Hello with a side of Mayo

Hi there! Like many, I'm a long-time lurker who pops up around every year for the Altador Cup. I played Neopets as a kid (still working on getting my original account back, RIP) all the way back to the first cup. I guess you could say I've been trying to recapture the magic that enamored me back then on the site, but it's been hard with so much of the site functionality broken But now I'm working on things I never even dreamed of when I was younger, like some of the avatar collections and customizing my pets!

As someone who is tech-adjacent, I find the work done on these scripts and programs here amazing! I'm very shy, especially in new communities, but going to try to get past that so I can muster up the courage if I have any questions.

Cheers!
    Mayo

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    8d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Hey Mayo, welcome back!

I definitely feel that recapturing the magic vibe, I've been revisiting old sites I used to go on as a kid in general out of nostalgia. And yeah! I used to think 100k neopoints was a ton when I was little, and never really customized much/worked on my gallery/avatar collected or even did stocks but I definitely work on all of those now.

Do you have a favorite avatar so far?

Garfunkle the Ryu
    Thank you honeycomb for the wonderful Garf!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EnderTheory For This Useful Post:

mayonaise (06-10-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I really like the stamp ones, and so have started sort of mapping out how bad that'll be! Faerie Grundo is an OG favorite and luckily pretty easy to get.

I remember back in the old days when the Faerie Queen Doll was considered such an expense that you use to be able to rent it out for the Avatar!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mayonaise For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (06-10-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    413 times
    Time Online
    84d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Hi Mayo welcome to the forum ^^ Don't be afraid to interact, as you have noticed there are good guides and resources, and ofc there's always friendly ppl willing to help.

I kinda started a while ago with stamps but not been doing constantly since I know that's not cheap exactly haha. But it's always nice to find a new goal in the game.

I'm looking forward for TNT to give us little more surprises if possible ^^

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    229 times
    Time Online
    64d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Hi and welcome (back) to cK! The AC certainly does bring a lot of people out the woodwork and is one of the more active periods for forum activity.
    How's the current AC going for you? :o

No problem with worrying about being shy, just slowly integrate in the way you'd like into the community, we have so many different aspects and topics here to chat about!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    442 times
    Time Online
    64d 8h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Hey Mayo, welcome back!
    Hope to see you around more often this time

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    13d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post
    Hi there! Like many, I'm a long-time lurker who pops up around every year for the Altador Cup. I played Neopets as a kid (still working on getting my original account back, RIP) all the way back to the first cup. I guess you could say I've been trying to recapture the magic that enamored me back then on the site, but it's been hard with so much of the site functionality broken But now I'm working on things I never even dreamed of when I was younger, like some of the avatar collections and customizing my pets!

As someone who is tech-adjacent, I find the work done on these scripts and programs here amazing! I'm very shy, especially in new communities, but going to try to get past that so I can muster up the courage if I have any questions.

Cheers!
    Mayo
    Welcome back; it's ok to be shy, just have to find your niche within the board. I am currently working toward earning some of the cool userbars. What are your neogoals?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Hello and welcome! Yes! The scripts here are amazing and life-savers for a non-tech-savy person like me hehe, everyone here is so talented and amazing!
    It's nice to read that you're getting engaged in Neopets again! Setting goals in-game is always fun

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    78 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post

Cheers!
    Mayo
    Hi! Welcome Mayo! I'm shy too and pretty new to commenting here so I'm right there with you. I absolutely feel you on recapturing the magic and on the disappointment of everything being broken. I just want to play Meerca Chase aaaaaaaaaaaa. I don't think the site is ever going to be what it was when we were kids again but I've taken some solice in knowing that even at the hight of popularity the site was always breaking because it was coded by people who were figuring it out as they went and now it's all spaghetti code. So in a way the nostalgia includes it being broken, at least for me. I'm also really looking forward to UCs to bring back some of that magic for me in a way I can be sure I won't get frozen for. The recent glitch where nearly everyone's pets were UC for a day was kind of proof of concept for me on that. The heartbreak after they fixed it was rough but now I know for a fact that I felt good having those familiar faces back.
    Hopefully you find the thing that brings back the magic though! A lot of the scripts on here help with some of the brokeness too depending on what's bumming you out.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

Pronouns
    he/him 🧍
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    435 times
    Time Online
    249d 19h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 53m
    Good day, Mayo! Welcome to CK! I hope you're well.

Support has gotten better these days, so you probably have a good shot at getting your account back.
    CK pretty much helped me achieve all my childhood dreams! Any nice avatars you have gotten recently?
    Slowpoke! 💧🌊💙ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤBrittany Buizel GangㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤK-Pop Idol Icy 🧊 ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤAri 🌸ㅤㅤ Bat Fanclub *squeak* 🦇
    💻💊😎 Join the Nyanomatrix. ㅤㅤDuke & Ditah 🐕 Clefairy ⚡ 😭 Wooloo 🐑 Howdy 🤠🐦